SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-01-08, 04:07 AM   #46
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
SH4 gui SUCKS BADLY!
No one will play gwx 4.0 if that ain't changed!
The 'gui' in SH4 is bad? What's the 'gui'?
Old 10-01-08, 04:14 AM   #47
Frederf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 1

Graphical User Interface.

What's so bad about the SH4 GUI?
Frederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-08, 05:11 AM   #48
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

The SH4 gui is different from SH3. For some, different equals bad. They are bound to be very disappointed with GWX4 because the GW live to be different. They will not tolerate making SH4 into SH3.

People with limited capacity to appreciate change should play stock SH3.:rotfl:
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-08, 07:39 AM   #49
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:

The whole post was done tongue in cheek.
So to say.

Yet another reason to stay silent.
Apologies mate, it must've gone right over my head.

I wouldn't expect a mod team to do daily updates etc as they can turn quite painfull if they start answering all speculators questions etc, but it would no doubt be beneficial to the community as a whole if any new breakthroughs were shared out.

Anyway, i'm sure GWX4 will be a class mod, no doubts here.
Old 10-01-08, 07:52 AM   #50
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Thanks R.R. I hope you are keeping well.

I guess the ultimate aim of the Greywolves team is to create the best possible U-boat sim, using all resources available i.e. SH 3 & 4 + old & new mods. I'm gonna go ahead and call that Silent Hunter 5 : The Battle for the Atlantic

Which do you think is gonna be better; GW4 by the Greywolves team or Silent Hunter 5 : The Battle for the Atlantic by Ubisoft ?

The reason I ask is 'cos I think they're both set for release in 2009. SH5 in Q1 and GW4 sometime in the summer :rotfl:
Old 10-01-08, 08:22 AM   #51
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

All new code = all new defects. My bet is on the present games.

Ubi seems to refuse to learn to use the differences of the PC market from the console market. As long as they treat us like kiddie console gamers who buy the $60 game today, beat it in three weeks, toss it and go find another, they are doomed to defeat in the PC gaming arena. A whole new business model is needed.
Old 10-01-08, 08:28 AM   #52
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber
Quote:

The whole post was done tongue in cheek.
So to say.

Yet another reason to stay silent.
Apologies mate, it must've gone right over my head.

I wouldn't expect a mod team to do daily updates etc as they can turn quite painfull if they start answering all speculators questions etc, but it would no doubt be beneficial to the community as a whole if any new breakthroughs were shared out.

Anyway, i'm sure GWX4 will be a class mod, no doubts here.
On that last sentence I'm confident you can rely.

On the matter of the GUI in both games....yes they are different, but not necessarily any worse than one another.

How anyone can claim to know what the ideals and beliefs of the team are, especially when not having been a member or part of said team is beyond me. :hmm:

I also suspect that many subsimmers on this forum are far from being labelled as having "limited capacity to appreciate change".

Surely many of them have come to terms with the changes brought along through each successive release of the SH series .

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-08, 04:20 PM   #53
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
How anyone can claim to know what the ideals and beliefs of the team are, especially when not having been a member or part of said team is beyond me. :hmm:

I also suspect that many subsimmers on this forum are far from being labelled as having "limited capacity to appreciate change".

Surely many of them have come to terms with the changes brought along through each successive release of the SH series .
It is very easy to claim to know the ideals and beliefs of the team. You have plastered them all over the forum! I am only repeating what you and others of the GW have said many times before. A more difficult question is how anyone could remain ignorant of your ideals and beliefs. I am sure if I were wrong privateer would correct me and I would admit misunderstanding the situation. But I have not misunderstood and do indeed claim to know what the GW have stated in writing many times. Must be some sort of miracle or something.

I said some have limited capacity to appreciate change. You said many are far from qualifying for that quality. Linguistically, the word some is usually used to mean a minority much less than 50%. Typically the word some is used to paint the believers of a position you wish to discredit as being a small, marginal and inconsequential group. The word "most" always refers to a majority. However you fall considerably short of claiming a majority for the reasonable position with the word "many." I find that we are in perfect agreement and your adversarial tone is misplaced.

I would disagree with your last sentence and reword it to say that "most (not many, which can refer to a numerous minority) of them have come to terms with the changes brought along through each successive release of the SH series."

But not being a member of the team I suppose I don't have permission to say that.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Old 10-01-08, 05:01 PM   #54
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

[quote=Uber Gruber]
Quote:
but it would no doubt be beneficial to the community as a whole if any new breakthroughs were shared out.
When I complete what I'm programming for a certain area?
I'll release it.
That has been my goal for what I'm working on for sometime.
Not because I'm told I have to.
But because I want to.

You can call it whatever you want.
A show of "Communty Spirit",
A "Good Faith Release",
or "We finally force them to release tools!"

I give a crap less!!

The simple truth remains.
If we do not release what we spent HUNDREDS of hours
figureing out?

We blow!
If we do release stuff?
People do all in thier power to hide the credits as deeply as possible.
God Forbid anyone credit the Grey Wolves!!

So give me a GOOD reason I should release ANYTHING
to people such as this?
And don't use the "Community Spirit" line.
It's a bold faced lie!!
Old 10-02-08, 09:44 PM   #55
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

This thread was locked by me, after getting a Bad Post notification. It was not due to Privateer's last post. I will reopen now. Remember, if you are involved in a bitchfest, you may find yourself in the brig. Mind your comments.

Neal
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 05:24 AM   #56
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Well said Neal! It was starting to resemble Congress for alittle while there:rotfl: For the GWX team, I want to thank you guys for your past projects, and your future endeavors here. I would also humbly ask you to seriously consider placeing the emphasis of this project on the Fleet Boat campaign, as the crux of SH4 is the American submarine campaign in the Pacific. I understand the work involved, and time constraints ect... , and would not mind waiting for the projects completion. As I stated, this is just my humble opinion. I'm gonna run and hide behind a rock now, befor I get stoned!
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 07:53 AM   #57
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Old 10-03-08, 08:08 AM   #58
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Well here are my 2 cents:

The GWX Team will take the necessary time and do what they see best. Meanwhile, -and the part of "_while" might be longer than most would desire - there is a good sim out there that can be already enhanced with superb aditions like Lurekr's Operation Monsun, and the well proven and available GWX 2.1

So let this men work in peace and put your greasy U-Boat commander fingers on what you have now, otherwise you will be missing lots of good stuff during the wait
Old 10-03-08, 08:26 AM   #59
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
So let this men work in peace and put your greasy U-Boat commander fingers on what you have now, otherwise you will be missing lots of good stuff during the wait
*Dowly reserves the frontseat for the 'Penny-whips-the-cr*p-out-of-Hitman' show* :p
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-08, 08:56 AM   #60
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Unlike for example in russian, in spanish when you are referring in plural to a group of subjects that include males and females, you use the male as genre. AFAIK it was also like that in english. My apologizes to Penelope Grey if she felt excluded or offended

P.S. Dowly, if some native english speaker confirms my suspicions about the english grammatic .... I'll get you later