SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-16-20, 07:52 AM   #4861
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

In his own words, Trump "up-played" it, actually. Tells him his dwarfish memory at least.
Old 09-16-20, 08:18 AM   #4862
Skybird
Soaring

Wowh.

Vitamin D deficiency and co-morbidities in COVID-19 patients – A fatal relationship?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...067?via%3Dihub

Quote:

3. Conclusion
An inadequate supply of vitamin D has a variety of skeletal and non-skeletal effects. There is ample evidence that various non-communicable diseases (hypertension, diabetes, CVD, metabolic syndrome) are associated with low vitamin D plasma levels. These comorbidities, together with the often concomitant vitamin D deficiency, increase the risk of severe COVID-19 events. Much more attention should be paid to the importance of vitamin D status for the development and course of the disease. Particularly in the methods used to control the pandemic (lockdown), the skin's natural vitamin D synthesis is reduced when people have few opportunities to be exposed to the sun. The short half-lives of the vitamin therefore make an increasing vitamin D deficiency more likely. Specific dietary advice, moderate supplementation or fortified foods can help prevent this deficiency. In the event of hospitalisation, the status should be urgently reviewed and, if possible, improved.
In the meantime, 8 studies have started to test the effect of supplementing vitamin D in different dosages (up to 200,000 IU) on the course of the COVID-19 disease. The aim is to clarify whether supplementation with vitamin D in different dosages has an influence on the course of the disease or, in particular, on the immune response, or whether it can prevent the development of ARDS or thromboses [193].
The German government currently has nothing better to do than to intervene at the EU for limiting and cutting short the sales of Vitamines, and limiting the doses per pills to irrelevant levels, to make sure their lobby sponsors in the industry do not run out of Vitamine-deficient patients they can sell their expensive drugs to.
Old 09-16-20, 01:08 PM   #4863
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 01:17 PM   #4864
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Prime Minister Boris Johnson told the Liaison Committee of MPs: "We are now testing more per head of population than France, Germany and Spain and conducting more tests than any other European country."

He’s right - according to data collected by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), an EU agency.

For the week ending 30 August, the figures show:

UK - 19 tests per 1,000
France -13 tests per 1,000
Germany - 13 tests per 1,000
Spain - 12 tests per 1,000
A few countries in Europe rank higher than the UK on this measure though, including Denmark on 42 tests per 1,000.

When it comes to overall tests, as of 30 August, the UK had processed just over 15 million antigen tests (the tests which tell you whether you currently have coronavirus).

This total is higher than any other country in Europe, according to ECDC figures. Germany, for example, had processed 12.3 million tests by this date and France 7.4 million.

Old 09-16-20, 01:55 PM   #4865
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
So I am in good company, it seems.

I am tempted to move up my dose, due to this input, but also some latest new things I red about Vit-D tolerances. And it seems I am heavier and have also more fat cells than the good doctor in America. He looks thinner, slightly shorter, than I am.

Maybe I am throwing in an additional 20 thousand per week, what would bring me to 8000 per day on average.

On a side note: I use to meet the dentist every 6-8 months. In the last third of this time period I tend to develope gum bleeding around the back teeth in the upper jaw. I always attributed this to the plaque and parodontitis building up there again after the last professional cleaning. Its like this since as long as I remember it.

But not this summer, not the last half of year (my next appointment with the dentist is in 3 weeks). Nothing. Its not bleeding at all. First time not bleeding since - well, 20 years, or more.

What has changed? My diet and my daily tooth cleaning procedures have not. But I flooded my body with Vit D3 for 6 weeks since February to fill up the fat cell depots, and since then have a signficantly higher maintnance dose (of 5000 IE) than the official recommendations, same about K2 (3x as much as the "authorities" recommend for a man of my weight and age). . THIS is what has changed.

If you look up the lists for symptoms of signficant deficiency of any of these two vitamines, you find gum bleeding on them.

Also, my high blood poressure has gone down by another 5-10 points. I take meds for that , but have eased them, since I already dropped by another 10 - 15 points earlier since I started to take Iod. I dropped my high blood pressure by around 20 points just by taking Vit-D3, K2, and Iod. These are known to influence blood pressure. I am almost too low now, although I have HALVED my blood pressure meds! I take some other supplements like Zinc, Selenium, Magnesium, Vit-C, Mangan, B-complex and E-complex as well, though at more moderate doses, but I think they have nothing to do with any of these health improvements.

There are many benefits of D3 and K2 supplementing, documented in studies often done in Japan and Korea since the early years of the last decade, its about calcium, bone density, osteoporosis and bone fractures. Its not just Covid 19 where you have a benefit, apparently, but in so many other aspects as well, some of which are gender-related, some of which are age-related. Its practically a no-brainer to supplement D3, K2, where need may be: magnesium, and Vitamine B. At advanced age beyond 40-50, you cannot compensate deficits there just by changing diet and habits alone, since your body declines in the ability to make use of diet's ingredients or to produce vitamines (D3) itself, too. At the age of around 60, your skin will produce only one quarter of Vitamine D from the sunlight you get, than it would have at the age of twenty. And nobody lives an ideal life under ideal health aspects anyway.

Do what you can with food and habits and life style. But dont be shy to use supplements as well. The one is not meant to replace the other, but to supplement each other.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-16-20 at 02:12 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 08:25 PM   #4866
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
So I am in good company, it seems.

I am tempted to move up my dose, due to this input, but also some latest new things I red about Vit-D tolerances. And it seems I am heavier and have also more fat cells than the good doctor in America. He looks thinner, slightly shorter, than I am.
How come we don't have any images of you Sky after all of these years on subsim?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 10:54 AM   #4867
Skybird
Soaring

Psssst, Feind hört mit.
Old 09-17-20, 11:24 AM   #4868
Skybird
Soaring

Internal safety report by Astra Zeneca obtained by CNN. Sounds to me as if they downplayed it by declaring it "unknown". But now it is called confirmed transverse myelitis after the victim's second dose of the vaccine.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/17/h...ent/index.html

I am not against vaccination, not in case of Corona, not in other cases. But on this Corona crisis, there is way too much steam in the kettle, way too huge treasures to be won. That triggers motivational energy of a kind that I think is not welcomed. I don't fight to get closer to the top of the waiting list.

Wouldn'T that be ironic: I do what I do to keep clean of Corona, and I stay clean of Corona for sure so far, and then I get serious health issues from a voluntary vaccinating against Corona? No, thanks.
Old 09-17-20, 12:57 PM   #4869
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
How come we don't have any images of you Sky after all of these years on subsim?
I've one he sent me a couple of years back.

Old 09-17-20, 01:03 PM   #4870
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The World Health Organization warns of "a very serious situation unfolding" in Europe. It comes as cases exceed those seen at the peak of the pandemic in March.

New social restrictions are introduced for north-east England amid a spike of cases. The temporary measures include restrictions on households mixing and pubs closing earlier at night.

Turnaround times to get test results back are getting longer in England, figures show.

US President Donald Trump contradicts the head of the main health agency over vaccines and masks. Mr Trump says a vaccine would be available "immediately" - and not as late as mid-2021. He also denied Centers for Disease Control director Dr Robert Redfield's suggestion that masks could be more important than a vaccine.

There have been nearly 30 million confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the world, as well as more than 939,000 deaths.

Old 09-17-20, 01:04 PM   #4871
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 09-17-20, 01:20 PM   #4872
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

With vaccine trials patients don't know if they're getting a placebo or the real thing. Those that get the real thing have no clue as to the size of the dosage they receive. Some will get 'mega' doses and they're the ones that normally develop the side effects we hear about. However if it was a minimal dosage or the anticipated dosage amount and such a side effect happened. Then this particular vaccine might a wash. But until we know the details, which are normally classified until the trial is over, we really dont know what the outcome of the trial will be.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 01:54 PM   #4873
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I've one he sent me a couple of years back.

Did you know that today all of a sudden your life expectancy has dropped considerably?

Okayokay, this one is one year old.

Zufrieden? Kann ich jetzt wieder gehen?

Last edited by Skybird; 09-17-20 at 02:04 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 02:48 PM   #4874
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Can someone please 'shop a mask on Skybird so he doesn't get arrested.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 05:14 PM   #4875
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The number of infected since yesterday was 453 The highest since Corona came to Denmark in the end of Feb. Where the first Danish person was infected from a trip outside Denmark.

The Danish government have introduced restrictions throughout the capital Copenhagen and in other major cities, such as Odense and Aarhus.

Such as the pub, café, restaurant and other places where people meet to have a beer or something to eat-They have to close at 10 pm(2200 hr)
When visiting one of these places facemask is a must-as long the person is standing.

Number of people allowed in groups are 50.

Here is something I don't get..
The Danish government has introduced restriction to prevent further spreading of this Virus-But this does not prevent a young man / woman from Copenhagen to take a trip to one of the other smaller neighboring towns.
Where pubs, café, restaurant is allowed to be open until 2400 hr or 0200 hr.

A person who may be infected unknowing or well knowing s/he is infected.

Facemask.

As mentioned before it is now mandatory to wear facemask or visir in public transportation...this should be to prevent this Corona to spread among passanger in case it's airborne.

When I take the bus to work or shopping, it happens that I see one or more of the other passengers use their facemask incorrectly or they use the same facemask several times. Some of the other passengers have told me that they reuse their surgical several times, as they do not have the money to use them correctly.

Secondly this facemask has given the Danes a false safety.
They think with mask on they can stay close to others and not use alcohol on they hands so often.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan