Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-18-13, 04:25 PM   #1
Thomsen2002
Watch

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Default I'm Back to Silent Hunter 2

After a long absence, I've returned to the game. So far, I've added the 1.1 patch, PM 1.03, Project Schwertfish and the DBSM SPs, and the Vickers Oil Slick. This used up my daily download limit. I'm still using XP, and so far I've had no dreaded Janus errors.

I recently had to reinstall XP, and decided to try the game again.

Now, I'm wondering which other mods are the best ones to add, without causing any crashes. The only one I really want is the Aces Kampaign, which will have to wait until tomorrow. As far as water mods go, I can live with the default settings. Others I'm thinkng about are the sea floor and sun mods. I suppose I'll just have to try out each one, and hope for the best.

I guess it's also time for me to revisit my copy of Das Boot: The Uncut Version (5 hrs)!
Old 02-21-13, 11:46 AM   #2
Thomsen2002
Watch

Downloads: 29

OK, I got most of the mods I wanted, and decided to start an Aces Campaign. However, I made a change in the U Boat class for the first mission. I switched it to a Type VIIB of the 7th Flotille. This allows me to sink every ship I find in Danzig harbor.

However, I have one question. Does Fletcher's Mod 2.3 work OK with Project Messerwetzer (solo mode)?
Old 02-21-13, 11:52 AM   #3
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomsen View Post
OK, I got most of the mods I wanted, and decided to start an Aces Campaign. However, I made a change in the U Boat class for the first mission. I switched it to a Type VIIB of the 7th Flotille. This allows me to sink every ship I find in Danzig harbor.

However, I have one question. Does Fletcher's Mod 2.3 work OK with Project Messerwetzer (solo mode)?
It should. Projekt Messerwetzer just adds some new controls and a couple little things while making it more stable. I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Old 06-09-13, 03:01 AM   #4
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 982

Hi, I decided to reinstall this game on my older computer its been years, I did instal the mods you installed too, Patch, PM103, Fletchers Realism Mod 2.3. Fletchers Mod talked about installing Seeadlers mods & Sky mod looks like it really enhances the way the weather and environment work. I can not find this anywhere though? You seen it or have it. I will be trying Enemy AI Update DES5v3 and D5v3update soon. I also have installed all of the Das Boat Sound Mods. Fletchers Mod has its own campaign that will get over wrote with the Aces Kampaign Ver 2 files. I am wondering if DES5v3 and D5v3update represents the latest work on the Redwine depth charge mod and there is a historical_depth_charges_letal_radius_mod_v1.0.zip maybe this is Redwines I dont have these mods either. There is a bunch of small graphic fix mods that I will install too too. I FORGOT WHAT REALLY RUINED IT for me in this game and I unfortunately now I know after playing the game again. I can not stand to hear the loud sound of the planes attacking other ships miles and miles away from me. I also heard very loud depth charges that where also mile and miles away. I am not sure if this problem can be fixed or if the mods above caused this. I am thinking about trying to make a blank sound wave file and replace the plane attacking annoying sound. I also remember the friendly ships would attack each other and sink each other I am not sure if this was a Silent Hunter 2 Bug or Silent Hunter 3 bug. I am really surprised this didnt bother other people and was eventually fixed. Nothing like cruising around out in the open ocean and having to listen to planes attacking ships and depth charges in the water 100 hundred of miles away. If I can not fix these, then unfortunaley off the hard drive they go for the last time. I need to make my self a note how bad a hated those bugs. Any info you have appreciate with Silent Hunter 2 me and you are in the stone age, other then those bugs its would fit the bill perfectly for me. Damn I wish I know how to mod. Londog
Lonny007 is offline   Reply With Quote