SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-30-09, 03:19 PM   #241
sharkbit
The Old Man

Downloads: 334
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivank View Post
thanks!
what does EDE, GUI, and LRT stand for?
EDE=Enhanced Damage Effects
GUI=Game User's Interface(I think)
LRT=Longer Repair Times
“Prejudice is blind. There will always be someone who says you aren’t welcome at the table. Stop apologizing for who you are and using all your energy trying to change their minds. Yes, you will lose friends, maybe even family. But you will gain your self-respect. You will know your worth. Once you have that, nothing can stop you.”
sharkbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-09, 03:22 PM   #242
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 302

Quote:
thanks!
what does EDE, GUI, and LRT stand for?
Enhanced Damage Effects (more Boooommmm!!!! and fireworks than what GWX does standard)

Graphical User Interface: Everything that you can see and use to tell the game what you want to do, like the dial panels, the message panel and all that. Not a concept specific to Silent hunter. It's what Windows is renowned for and what old DOS lacks. (I hope you're old enough to know what that is )

Longer Repair Times (mod; speaks for itself what it does)

Last edited by Pisces; 05-30-09 at 05:46 PM.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-09, 04:00 PM   #243
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

Thank you

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-09, 07:41 PM   #244
ivank
The Old Man

i took a major FPS hit, is this normal, i never had a problem with 16km

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 05-31-09, 03:55 AM   #245
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Hi,

I am on holiday atm so I am not around to answer questions much but since I am here right now...

Quote:
i took a major FPS hit, is this normal, i never had a problem with 16km
No that is not normal, in fact the FPS should be slightly better than you get with the GWX 16km Atmosphere. Did you enabled EDE for the first time?
Old 05-31-09, 06:25 AM   #246
Shakatan
Mate

Downloads: 2

Hi!
I have some questions:
I was trying to install your mod. I ran "Install SH3 Commander Files for OLC 'Gold' MkII.exe" file, then tried install "Option 3" via JSGME but i encounter some conflicts.

Code:
"M35B_shp.tga" has already been altered by the "MFM-Beta-4.1" mod.
"M36B_shp.tga" has already been altered by the "MFM-Beta-4.1" mod.
"NLL__shp.tga" has already been altered by the "MFM-Beta-4.1" mod.
"NRC__shp.tga" has already been altered by the "MFM-Beta-4.1" mod.
1.I don't want mess working Merchant Fleet Mod so i resigned to install OLC. After that I've lost 'Start patrols at sea' option. How I should now clean my SH3 Commander file structure?
or:
2.Its safe to overvrite this tga files? The same files want to be overwrite if i want install LifeBoats&Debris_v4 on MFM 4.1. What is correct install order for those mods: MFM4.1 , OLC and LifeBoats&Debris_v4?
Iambecomelife says that i can overwrite MFM by LifeBoats&Debris_v4 - but when should be install OLC?

Thanks for answer,
greetings,
Shakatan
Old 05-31-09, 01:29 PM   #247
=FI=Ghost
Gunner

Downloads: 93

I have a question for you OLC, could you implement that big direction compass that shows up when you point your mouse on the right of the screen in GWX 3.0 into your mod? That's the thing I really miss while using your, otherwise, brilliant mod.

=FI=Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-09, 01:43 PM   #248
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

FI Ghost, someone (makman94? I'm not sure ) did a mod which adds a big compass to my GUI, but I don't know if it is up-to-date and compatible with the latest version of my mod. Hopefully he/someone will read this and answer your question with a link.

Shakatan, install OLC first then let the other mods overwrite it. As long as the only files being overwritten are the ones you named, it should be OK. Those pages in your recognition manual might look a bit strange, but no other conflict-related problems should arise.
Old 05-31-09, 03:19 PM   #249
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

Hi OLC,

hope you have a nice holiday. If you're back, could you please explain the function of the "Weapon-Officer / Choose Torpedo Target / Mark nearest merchant" (and similar)-menu items. You integrated them into your GUI, but I don't know how they work. Maybe you can tell me.

Thanks,
h.sie
Old 05-31-09, 03:28 PM   #250
ivank
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
Hi,

I am on holiday atm so I am not around to answer questions much but since I am here right now...

No that is not normal, in fact the FPS should be slightly better than you get with the GWX 16km Atmosphere. Did you enabled EDE for the first time?
Yes

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 05-31-09, 03:32 PM   #251
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
Hi OLC,

hope you have a nice holiday. If you're back, could you please explain the function of the "Weapon-Officer / Choose Torpedo Target / Mark nearest merchant" (and similar)-menu items. You integrated them into your GUI, but I don't know how they work. Maybe you can tell me.

Thanks,
h.sie
Actually I'm still on holiday, but it's been raining all day today and my legs hurt from all the walking I've been doing, so today we mostly stayed in the hotel and I've been on the forums a few times.

I don't know what those commands are supposed to do. They're part of the stock GUI. I didn't "integrate" them; they were already there, and I left them in there in case anyone was using them.
Old 05-31-09, 03:35 PM   #252
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Yes
Disable it (choose one of the options without it instead).
Old 05-31-09, 03:51 PM   #253
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 46

Hello onelifecrisis,

I haven't tried you mod yet but I downloaded and am thinking of installing it for my next campaign.

I just wanted to let you know that what I think =FI=Ghost is talking about is a mod by Hitman...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147446

I gave the thread a bump so it'll be easy to find, but there is no longer a screenshot of it.

But take my word for it, it really is a very nice slideout compass that is better looking and more intuitive to use than the Stock GWX3 one, and according to Hitman is also more historically accurate. I don't know what all changes your mod makes to the 1024x768.ini file, but Hitman's mod doesn't make any changes to it. So it may be possible for anyone to just install Hitman's Slideout Compass after installing your OLC GUI.

Or, =FI=Ghost might have just been talking about the Big Slideout Compass that comes stock with GWX3, I'm not sure. But imho Hitman's new slideout compass graphics is the one to have!

Cheers
"Variable this is EasyRhino, do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.
OneTinSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-09, 04:53 PM   #254
=FI=Ghost
Gunner

Downloads: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTinSoldier View Post
Hello onelifecrisis,

I haven't tried you mod yet but I downloaded and am thinking of installing it for my next campaign.

I just wanted to let you know that what I think =FI=Ghost is talking about is a mod by Hitman...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147446

I gave the thread a bump so it'll be easy to find, but there is no longer a screenshot of it.

But take my word for it, it really is a very nice slideout compass that is better looking and more intuitive to use than the Stock GWX3 one, and according to Hitman is also more historically accurate. I don't know what all changes your mod makes to the 1024x768.ini file, but Hitman's mod doesn't make any changes to it. So it may be possible for anyone to just install Hitman's Slideout Compass after installing your OLC GUI.

Or, =FI=Ghost might have just been talking about the Big Slideout Compass that comes stock with GWX3, I'm not sure. But imho Hitman's new slideout compass graphics is the one to have!

Cheers
I was talking about that stock GWX 3.0 compass that shows up when you put your mouse in the right edge of the screen, and which you can use to set course much more accurately than the little stock compass that comes with the game. I'd like to have that together with OLC's GUI mod. Thanx for the link, I'll try it and see if it works.

=FI=Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-09, 05:08 PM   #255
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 46

Hello =FI=Ghost,

Well unfortunately if OLC's GUI Mod doesn't have the Big Slideout Compass on the right that comes stock with GWX3, then Hitman's Compass won't do anything for you. At least I don't think it will.

Slideout items such as this in mods are defined in the menu_1024_768.ini file, and Hitman's compass doesn't make any changes to that file. It just has new graphics files for the Big Slideout Compass that's already defined in the stock GWX3 menu_1024_768.ini file.

The file I'm referring to can be opened and edited with Notepad and can be found here --> SilentHunterIII\data\menu\menu_1024_768.ini

Regards
"Variable this is EasyRhino, do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.
OneTinSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gold, gui, olc, olce2, ubermod