SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-26-11, 04:23 PM   #1
mgkaro
Swabbie

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0
Default Omegu CTD loading "save-game"

Hi all,

I´m running "Opsmonsun v705", "omv705 to 720" and "omv720 patch 5" on a fresh 1.5 install. I am able to save my game and load it without a hitch. But when I add omegu v300, loading a freshly saved game will cause a ctd. Activating the "v300 patch 7" doesn´t change anything.

I reinstalled sh4 twice now, and activated the mods one by one in the correct order: To no avail. The crash report mentions "msvcr71.dll". I therefore copied the file in its pre-omegu stage, and pasted it back post-omegu, but that also didnt work (thinking omegu messes with the file in some way).

I was hesitant to open a thread for it, but I never received a reply to a question I had asked in the omegu thread, so I am thinking this might be the best way. I would appreciate any help! Thanks!

mgkaro

PS: OS is win7 64
mgkaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 07:16 AM   #2
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 152

If I read your post correctly, then the save you try to load is from before enabling OMEGU? That I'm fairly sure of is a no-go...

Besides that guess, I'm blank
Jan Kyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 12:51 PM   #3
mgkaro
Swabbie

Hi,

I am aware that loading a save game that was saved pre-OMEGU is bound to not work with OMEGU.
But in my case:

1. I activate OMEGU,
2. start the game,
3. start a single mission for eg.
4. I save the game after a few moments
5. I load it again
6. CTD

I just downloaded the files again, but it still crashes on me..
Old 04-28-11, 02:46 AM   #4
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

I know from other users, that OM puts a lot of strain on the machinery.

Perhaps your hardware is not up to the task when adding the very big add-on OMEGU?

What are your machine specs?
Old 04-28-11, 05:56 AM   #5
mgkaro
Swabbie

Hi there,

These are my system specs:
Intel DP35DP
E6850 C2D 3Ghz
Gtx260 (216) SC (700/1509)
4gigs Ram
Win7 64
I seriously doubt that it´s got something to do with that. After all, I always play with graphs maxed-out with no noticeable fps drops, and alt-tab all day long and the reaction is instantaneous.
Thx for the suggestion though.
Old 04-28-11, 06:06 AM   #6
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

Nono - equipment looks fine!

But being blank won't prevent me from guessing!

Your machinery is fine, your load order is correct - all I can come up with now is to delete the documents\SH4 folder...
Or better - use MultiSH4 and make your OM installation use something like OM4 or SHO as folder for saves.

Then start a new career and run some tests...

Old 04-28-11, 03:46 PM   #7
mgkaro
Swabbie

keep the suggestions coming!

allright, deleted my whole documents/sh4 folder, fired up sh4, went straight to a single mission, save-load-ctd.

I was looking for MultiSH4, but the d/l links are dead. I´d try it, if I could find it somewhere, but besides that, I don´t think that´s the problem: If OM+Omegu is able to create a save-game entry in the folder (I checked it), it should be able to load it aswell.

Just tested something different: Only OM and deleted msvcr71.dll from the main SH4 folder. Quick Mission - save it - load it again - works!

Enable Omegu + patch (msvcr71.dll is still deleted): Quick mission - save it - load it again - ctd! I don´t even get to the load bar and picture. The screen goes black 2 seconds after I press "load" together with the crash message.
War Patrol: Same story
U Boat Campaign: Surprise, it works! I think I just hadn´t checked it before.

So the problem only occurs with war patrols and quick missions (which are called single missions with OMEGU active).

I wish lurker would still be around, he might have been able to give me some clues.

EDIT: Found MultiSH...

Last edited by mgkaro; 04-28-11 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-29-11, 04:07 AM   #8
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

The msvcr71.dll is a Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library - I would not delete that one...

One last test, please.
Instead of an instant save/load, exit to Windows and reboot. This eliminates the possibility of data still being stored somewhere in a cache...
If still a no-go, you just have to accept the facts, that OM Single Missions and War Patrols are not saveable... at least in your installation...

What experience do other OM users have with these?

The Single Missions/Patrols are the ones Lurker made? Named RUMxxx?

If your CTD do not happen in Career Mode, then at least you can use OM at it's finest!