SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-21, 12:33 PM   #15
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

I'm still playing Fallout 4 and having a great time with it. I hit about level 33 in my first run, but frankly I was starting to feel a bit too powerful and thought about my New Vegas days, and how much I enjoyed Hardcore mode and the challenges it brought.

And then I noticed FO4 has a Survival mode, which is quite similar. I decided to start over in this mode. And so far I think it's a fantastic way to play this game and honestly I can't see going back.

It's far more challenging, especially in the early going. Everything one-shots you, and the survival elements like radiation, hunger and thirst, not to mention a whole litany of afflictions and maladies you can pick up, give the player a lot more to think about, prepare for and deal with. But I really like it.

Survival has transformed FO4 for me, making it more like the game I want it to be. For players who enjoyed NV's Hardcore mode, or something like the Misery mod for Stalker CoP, they'll be right at home in FO 4 Survival.

There are some brutal restrictions such as no saves aside from when sleeping, and no fast travel at all. But it really is transformative, completely altering my mindset and approach in a very appealing way. Not for everyone, but for those who like this sort of thing it's a great way to play Fallout.