Old 03-28-20, 07:22 AM   #1996
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I was at Aldi yetserday,

My daughter was at our local Aldi yesterday as well and two things that struck her was the fact the two metre rule wasn't being adhered to and the shop staff handling the products weren't wearing PPE of any kind, not even gloves.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 07:27 AM   #1997
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Its slowing down over here. Merkel said this morning that currently the rate of infected doubles every 5.5 days. To avoid breaking the health system the rate must be brought down to a doubling every 10 days. In the beginning the rate was a doubling every 3 days.
Old 03-28-20, 07:27 AM   #1998
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Frontline NHS staff in England will start being tested this weekend to see whether they have coronavirus.

Workers with symptoms or those who live with people who have symptoms will be checked - starting with hundreds of critical care doctors and nurses.

Tests for A&E staff, paramedics and GPs are expected to follow, and later social care staff will be tested.

The number of people who have died with the virus in the UK rose by 181 to 759 on Friday, with 14,543 confirmed cases.

Until now, only patients in hospital with flu-like symptoms were being routinely tested.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52072568

Old 03-28-20, 07:29 AM   #1999
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The city in China where the coronavirus pandemic began, Wuhan, has partially re-opened after more than two months of isolation.

Crowds of passengers were pictured arriving at Wuhan train station on Saturday.

People are being allowed to enter but not leave, according to reports.

Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province, saw more than 50,000 coronavirus cases. At least 3,000 people in Hubei died from the disease.

But numbers have fallen dramatically, according to China's figures. The state on Saturday reported 54 new cases emerging the previous day - which it said were all imported.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-52075022

Old 03-28-20, 07:32 AM   #2000
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

I plan to get some light P3 filters for my masks and use two of them for the ease of breathing because it would seem that there are no FFP2/3 masks in sale right now.
Old 03-28-20, 07:33 AM   #2001
Skybird
Soaring

Another German nurse, this time from Berlin, on why people can shove their applauding.

Applause is cheap.

https://translate.google.de/translat...F25691690.html
Old 03-28-20, 07:38 AM   #2002
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

We now have eleven cases here on our little island province out of a population of 160,000 people. All of the victims contracted the virus while travelling abroad. None of the victims are in serious danger or hospitalized. They are all self isolating and cooperating with health officials. This is somewhat encouraging as the virus so far (crosses fingers) has not spread locally.

We are in a unique situation here when it comes to screening arrivals. One airport, one ferry and one bridge. So far no widespread infections and people for the most part are doing all they can to keep it that way.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 07:57 AM   #2003
Skybird
Soaring

Chris Martenson's latest episode of today I found especially "arousing". How to hear all that stories he has without getting very seriously angry? Maybe you Know, I do not. I am angry for sure. Nothing of all this had to be. It was preventable.

It seems China is again lying, lying, lying about its numbers. Other places like the Phillipines obviously lie as well.
And American hospitals fight with a growing rate of staff infections.

I think for staff it is especially dangerous, because the immense workload and stress no doubt weakens their immune system. This raises the chance that they do not just get ill, but form severe symptoms.

New Orleans now having the fastest growth rate in the world. 2000 case sin one day.

ER staff saying that every day they see more worse things than anything they have ever seen before in mass shootings, third world desasters, desaster relief work

What do they talk about? Its just a flu!

And still some sources still drive the drivel that wearing facemasks is not recommendable for healthy individuals. What the...?

I said I do not believe the Chinese numbers one second. I fear the worst indeed, that they "slaughter" their factory workers in scores just to keep their factories running. I also think the govenrment does not keep (hidden) records of the kill ratio so that even in the future research will not be able to find evidence for the regime having done wrong.

In a news report from two days ago I read that the aid sent by China and Russia to italy and some other places, in parts is dysfunctional, old, and is in parts at least not beign used since it cannot be used. Both countries aggressively drive their beachheads forward in the propaganda war. They get nice pictures from TV cameras from it.

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-28-20 at 08:27 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 08:08 AM   #2004
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Quote:

In a news report from two days ago I read that the aid sent by China an dRussia to italy and some other palce,s in parts is dy********ional, old, and is n in parts at leats not beign used since it cannot be used. Both countries aggressively drive their beachheads forward in the propaganda war.

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

We are also in Italy to collect data on what works and what doesn't work when fighting the Corona.
Old 03-28-20, 08:34 AM   #2005
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Another German nurse, this time from Berlin, on why people can shove their applauding.

Applause is cheap.

https://translate.google.de/translat...F25691690.html
Does it not occur to these people that some folk want to show their appreciation and any positives one can take out of this seriously sad and horrible situation even if just a momentary rise in morale is surely better than any negative consequence.

I look at the attitude above for example and wonder if people like this are in the ideal vocation. I know that in the past when I have experienced challenging times in my job a thank you or a pat on the back can result in a real boost.

Old 03-28-20, 08:37 AM   #2006
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
We now have eleven cases here on our little island province out of a population of 160,000 people. All of the victims contracted the virus while travelling abroad. None of the victims are in serious danger or hospitalized. They are all self isolating and cooperating with health officials. This is somewhat encouraging as the virus so far (crosses fingers) has not spread locally.

We are in a unique situation here when it comes to screening arrivals. One airport, one ferry and one bridge. So far no widespread infections and people for the most part are doing all they can to keep it that way.
In my town we have twenty confirmed cases who are all hospitalised including two deaths.

Old 03-28-20, 09:00 AM   #2007
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Most of the current Russian cases are in Moscow (where I live).
Old 03-28-20, 09:14 AM   #2008
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Spain's coronavirus death toll rose by 832 cases overnight to 5,690

It marked a new high in the daily rise in fatalities in Spain.

Wuhan, the city where the coronavirus pandemic began has partially re-opened after two months of isolation.

South Korea says for the first time it has more people who have recovered than are infected.

President Trump has signed into law a $2tn stimulus bill to kick-start the coronavirus-hit economy.

Britain's PM Boris Johnson has tested positive for coronavirus, as has Health Secretary Matt Hancock.

Old 03-28-20, 09:30 AM   #2009
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
Most of the current Russian cases are in Moscow (where I live).

Where do you get your info from? On worldometers, Russia seems to have a low # of cases, so far. Has Moscow started talking about lockdown?
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 10:04 AM   #2010
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Does it not occur to these people that some folk want to show their appreciation and any positives one can take out of this seriously sad and horrible situation even if just a momentary rise in morale is surely better than any negative consequence.

I look at the attitude above for example and wonder if people like this are in the ideal vocation. I know that in the past when I have experienced challenging times in my job a thank you or a pat on the back can result in a real boost.
That nurse and many others since many years and all their job life make the experience that their working cinditons get cut bACK, that they are not beign cared for, are expected to function in the background silently, are invisble, are beign underpayed and polticians make big shows and get greta incomes form havign tlak show after talkshow about how their situation must improve and that more staff shoukld be sent in and that wages should be risen to even standard levels. And year after year, nothign happens and thign sget worse and worse and worse instead.

You ar wrong. Many people unite on their balconies because they are about their own mood and self-perception, it gives THEM a good feeling and they feel morally lifted. For the staff fighting at the friont in hipsitals under in parts already unimaginable conditions, this does NOTHING.

You ant to show your appreciation? Do not forget them once again. Do not tlak well about a terribly bright down heakth system (like some weeks ago you would not beleive that the NHS comoares bad in international comparison), but mailbomb your politicians, vote only for those who indeed get their payments up sifngicantly, who indeed stop the drianing of institutions,.

But stop just clapping your hands. That is the cheapest and most cost-reducing measurement, yes. And it makes nio difference.

Dont oyu find it cyncial yourself that you applaude those you send intot heir self-sacriice while they march into the arena day after day? This is not the Hunger Games. This is real.

Today I saw a video from the Netherlands, one team of hostial staff outside an isolated station apllauded their collegaues on the aoher side of the shielding, and sang You never wlk alone" fo them. that si something difefrent. that is one team in hospital cheering up another team in hosptial, people they know, people whose miserbale working cidnitons thy share, and with whom they sit in the same boat.

If you know care workers in your social vicinity, give them presents, money, anything that really maks a difference. A food basket if they have no time to care for their own household. And do not dare to let thme down again once this is over, by not caring if politicians do not put their deeds where their mouths were. Applauding heroes and workers and icons of social engagement potlicians do all the time, becasue it costs no oeny and allows them to get away with just staging a show. The big charm of this trick is: it costs no money.

And if you cared for those doing their jobs now and forced that thei situaiton really impoves susbtantiall y- then you have th eright next time desaster strikes to applaude them and sing songs for them. Until then, its just about your own well-feeling.

No, I veto what you say. Mybe becasue I got a little insight, a brief short glance into the hosital world myself long time agai, and already then the staff situation and underpaykment was bad. Thats twenty years ago and more and the situation has constantly declined since then. Many nurses at the end of their job life, end in poverty, as social wellfare receivers.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan