SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-24-15, 11:25 AM   #76
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW3 View Post
Just a guess but, a problem in the flottilla.cfg file maybe?
I hope so, because that sounds easy to fix. I have no idea how that stuff works. Maybe it's time I learned.
Old 02-24-15, 01:00 PM   #77
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275
Uploads: 0

This may sound silly...... but..... Will this happen if any other mods are enabled ? Reason I'm asking is, it's possible but prolly unlikely that someone will only use Wilms, etc v.7. What do you chaps think ?. I'm still at work but when I get home (time dependant) I'll launch a career at the problematic time and port/flotilla mentioned.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 02:24 PM   #78
Alfred Keitzer
Kapitän zur See

Downloads: 264

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW3 View Post
Just a guess but, a problem in the flottilla.cfg file maybe?
Ya know, that was the first place I looked. Even compared V6 and V7 ..\terrain\locations.cfg files and looked at the Campaign_SCR and _LND files. This one is still a mystery to me.

/AK
Alfred Keitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 02:34 PM   #79
Alfred Keitzer
Kapitän zur See

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
This may sound silly...... but..... Will this happen if any other mods are enabled ? Reason I'm asking is, it's possible but prolly unlikely that someone will only use Wilms, etc v.7. What do you chaps think ?. I'm still at work but when I get home (time dependant) I'll launch a career at the problematic time and port/flotilla mentioned.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Well, I was making a "New Lorient v1 - GWX3+Wilhelmshafen_et_al_V7" for folks who do not use Merged Campaign when I fell upon this issue. I started with ...

GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7
WAC4.1 SubPen_animated_18.02.2010
New Lorient v1 - GWX3+Wilhelmshafen_et_al_V7

... when I fell upon this. So I started removing other things until I was down to just ...

GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7

... and still seeing the same issue in 1941.

/AK
Old 02-24-15, 03:22 PM   #80
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

I just created a whole new SH3 setup and tested several permutations of the same problem.

GWX alone: no problem

Wilhelmshaven v6: no problem

Wilhelmshaven v7: problem.

I'm hoping there's some fix for this out there, because v7 is much more accurate, at least where Kiel is concerned. I'll go back to v6 if I have to, but I'd really rather not.
Old 02-24-15, 03:30 PM   #81
Alfred Keitzer
Kapitän zur See

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I just created a whole new SH3 setup and tested several permutations of the same problem.

GWX alone: no problem

Wilhelmshaven v6: no problem

Wilhelmshaven v7: problem.

I'm hoping there's some fix for this out there, because v7 is much more accurate, at least where Kiel is concerned. I'll go back to v6 if I have to, but I'd really rather not.
Yes, I saw the same results. Of course, Kiel changed between V6 and V7, so not surprised the problem is limited to V7.

I am going to continue investigating this.

I am also going to post the issue on the V7 thread to see if anyone else has seen and/or solved this problem.

/AK
Old 02-24-15, 03:39 PM   #82
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

@AK

Just got in from work, unforunately no time to test tonight. Will hopefully get time tomorrow evening. I'm sure this problem will get nailed chaps, keep the faith as they say

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 03:57 PM   #83
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred Keitzer View Post
I am going to continue investigating this.
Very much appreciated by those of us not quite so savvy in the modding skills department.

Just out of curiosity, how did you happen to stumble on this in the first place? Kiel in 1941 doesn't seem like something one would happen upon casually.
Old 02-24-15, 04:11 PM   #84
Alfred Keitzer
Kapitän zur See

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Very much appreciated by those of us not quite so savvy in the modding skills department.

Just out of curiosity, how did you happen to stumble on this in the first place? Kiel in 1941 doesn't seem like something one would happen upon casually.
Just by chance, my friend ... just by chance.

I knew Fubar2Niner had issues with Kiel when originally using "New Lorient...Merged...V7". As I was creating a New Lorient for V7 with the GWX Standard Campaign files, I just wanted to confirm Kiel was still good. Picked new career at 1st U-Flotilla in 1941 just at random and things mushroomed from there.

Now I do notice that the Laboe Memorial and Moltenort Memorial are both designated "German Naval Bases" in the Campaign_LND.mis file, but this is true of both the V6 and V7 versions, and we don't see the issue in V6.

So the investigation continues ...

/AK
Old 02-24-15, 05:18 PM   #85
Alfred Keitzer
Kapitän zur See

I might be getting closer to a solution. My understand is this new Keil base came from LSH3, and I think there are residual effects from LSH3 data that got merged into the V7 Campaign files that is causing this to happen in GWX.

/AK
Old 02-24-15, 06:31 PM   #86
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Picked new career at 1st U-Flotilla in 1941 just at random and things mushroomed from there.
Wow! I love it when serendipity strikes like that. Someone like me might have been playing for years and then suddenly had this come up and bite him.
Old 02-24-15, 07:29 PM   #87
Alfred Keitzer
Kapitän zur See

I CAN FIX THIS !!!

Turns out the problem is when whoever added the new Kiel to GWX 3 Wilhemshafen … V7 from LSH3, they introduced a new departure point from Kiel. Up until 31-DEC-1940, you departed next to the U-Boat Tender. Beginning 01-JAN-1941, LSH3 players departed from a different part of the base located east across the bay from the Moltenort Memorial that LSH3 calls Kiel_2.

PROBLEM IS … GWX knows nothing about Kiel_2. That, combined with the Laboe and Moltenort Memorials having location tags of “German Naval Base” (completely unnecessary) in the Campaign_LND.mis file, and after 31-DEC-1940, SH3 just got confused where to start Kiel and picked the closest German Naval Base it could find, which turned out to be the Moltenort Memorial tag.

SO I CAN FIX THIS, BUT …

I am not going to attempt to add Kiel_2 to GWX3 – there are too many variables and variants of GWX3 out there to try.

I am not going to try and fix GWX 3 Wilhemshafen … V7 for the same reason.

What I will do is apply this fix to all versions of “New Lorient” using “Wilhelmshafen. … V7”. I will remove the location tag references to Kiel_2, Laboe and Moltenort, and extend the location tag for Kiel to the end of the war instead of 31-DEC-1940. This means you will always depart from the U-Boat Tender whenever you depart from the new Kiel in Wilhemshafen … V7.

Hope this is good enough.

Cheers!
/AK

Last edited by Alfred Keitzer; 02-24-15 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-24-15, 07:31 PM   #88
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Works for me!

Quote:
Beginning 01-JAN-1941, LSH3 players departed from a different part of the base located east across the bay from the Moltenort Memorial that LSH3 calls Kiel_2.
I believe that would be Holtenau. The reason I like v7 so much is that Holtenau is located in the proper place. All other versions have it jammed right up next to the locks. Every time I look at a map of Kiel I grind my teeth over that.
Old 02-24-15, 07:59 PM   #89
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Sounds good to me too.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 09:05 PM   #90
Alfred Keitzer
Kapitän zur See

Okay, this fixes the "GWX 3 Wilhemshafen...V7" issue with Kiel in 1941 and beyond. This is a complete new update of "New Lorient v1 - GWX3 Merged Campaign+Wilhelmshafen_et_al_v7".

IMPORTANT NOTE: As before, do not implement this MOD unless ALL your U-Boats are back from patrol and in port.

First, if "New Lorient v1 - GWX3 Merged Campaign+Wilhelmshafen_et_al_v7" is installed, remove with JSGME

Second, DELETE your current "New Lorient v1 - GWX3 Merged Campaign+Wilhelmshafen_et_al_v7" from your SH3 MODs folder.

Next, DOWNLOAD the new version of "New Lorient v1 - GWX3 Merged Campaign+Wilhelmshafen_et_al_v7" ...

Download here or from Post #1: http://prussianempire.com/New_Lorient_v1_GWX3_Merged_Wilhelmshafen_V7.7z

DROP the contents of this 7z file into your SH3 MODs folder.

Finally, ADD "New Lorient v1 - GWX3 Merged Campaign+Wilhelmshafen_et_al_v7" back into SH3 using JSGME.

>>> Remember, the required minimums and order of installation for this MOD is ...

• Prerequisite: GWX3 installed
  • Add MOD "GWX3 Merged Campaign" using JSGME
  • Add MOD "GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7” using JSGME
  • Add MOD "WAC4.1 SubPen_animated_18.02.2010" using JSGME {necessary to fix missing bunkers in V7}
  • Add MOD "New Lorient v1 - GWX3 Merged Campaign+Wilhelmshafen_et_al_V7" using JSGME