SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-08, 10:00 PM   #1
THE_ORZEL
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Adding new playable units is possible no exe or dll mod or hacking involved

To Amizaur or any interested party,

If you are still interested I will be glad to help you guys to add new playable units to your nice mod. It is 100% exe and dll mod free. That is I use existing dll’s not modded to make new playable and also there is one weapon load file that can be used as is or can be mod to get new weapon load-out not used originally in game like new torpedoes and so on……

Anyway, you know already about that closed beta mod I released for the Polish community it adds new subs and gives them unique weapon load etc.

Just let me know if you and Lufwolf want to make it happen. Since I’m involved with other things I cannot commit 100% to this mod but I sure can give you info and even files that I’ve created for my mod to make new playable subs legal without dll or exe modding.

This info (mod) will :

1.Allow you to have independent new playable with independent weapon load out. This will let you use nukes if you want or any new weapon. However, this data is inside encoded file! It is not dll or exe but it has specific weapon load-out info for every custom sub or stock sub. Later I will give you more info on that as this is the only thing that I had to decode to have new weapons available. You may just use stock encoded file and use original weapons if you so decide less headache but no new weapon load outs only stock weapons. I will need to help you with decoding you can use hex editor and I can try and show you what you need to do to make unique weapon load-out for new playable subs. Again it is not dll or exe that needs to be mod.

2.It will give you independent stations (those are existing stations from other in game units) For example we can make playable Ohio with Seawolf or 688I stations or even hybrid cross stations between them all to create new stations. In addition, you can mod graphics for these stations to make them unique.

This mod was tested in multiplayer and it works great if of course all players use the same mod version.

What I still need to do or was in a process of doing was to add more firing torpedo tubes to a new playable and it was not been tested 100%. In any case you can always use stock torpedo tube number from any existing playable sub.

PS. To Subsim forum moderators. I do know about the legality of adding new playable units to DW and I reassure you that this mod or way of doing it is 100% legal, as it does not modify any restricted files. However, if adding new playable in general is illegal then please lock this topic and I'm very sorry. Thanks.

Chris aka Orzel

Last edited by THE_ORZEL; 01-02-08 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-03-08, 02:16 PM   #2
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Locking this. Been up for debate many times and adding new playables is a big no no. Do what you want in private but to avoid hassles there will be no discussion of 3rd party playables being added.