Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-07-22, 02:41 AM   #10066
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Personally, I take 10 thousand IE of Vit-D per day, 400mcrgr K2 and 800mg Magnesium.

To which the mass media replies "Burn the witch!"

Old 02-07-22, 03:06 AM   #10067
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
To which the mass media replies "Burn the witch!"
I don't see 'the mass media' waging a campaign against vitamin D. I do see certain individuals and groups doing so against vaccinating oneself against this virus. Just taking vitamins isn't enough and claiming such is an injustice .
Old 02-07-22, 07:10 AM   #10068
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Just taking vitamins isn't enough and claiming such is an injustice .
Not sure whether you aimed at me, but to be safe: I have NEVER said that they are! They are another - and I claim: probably underestimated - factor amongst other factors that shift chances in favour of the infected, not more, not less. Important Viamine-D is, I think. Already the sufficient solution in itself - probably not. The other two factors that are of outstanding relevance, are vaccines, and masks inside rooms and buildings. These three have the greatest effects.

The comparison between death rates in Vit-D sufficient and insuffient patient groups speaks volumes, howver: factors 14, factor 23, the studies quoted say. That is extremely relevant, I would say, even if confounding varibales also play into it of which we do not know so far. ! . It would be stupid to ignore them, even more so since we know by estalished research results regarding other deseases that Vit-C and Vit-D play a very important role in case of infectous and respiratory infection deseases, several cardiovascular illnesses, inflammations, auto-immune deseases, and cancer.

Its about money, Arlo. The industry protects its immense profit margins by discreditting and declaring non-relevant the use of supplementation. They massively and fundamentally infleunce the curricula in universities and science. They influence legislation on behalf of their profit interests. You cannot patent Vitamines or Minerals. You cannot make big money with Vitamines and Minerals. The health industry wants and needs customers - and customers are not healthy but ill people. Somebody needs to pay the overpaid CEO's saleries, the stockholders, somebody gotta pay the research and development of new antibiotics, vaccines, and so forth. Our health system is no health system but an illness system. It needs and wants ill people, not healthy people that generate no income and profits for the industry. Its perverse, and against humans.

It should be replaced, but I do not know with what.

Quote:
I don't see 'the mass media' waging a campaign against vitamin D.
Well, I do, and very strongly. Practically every time some TV magazine or newspaper says something about Vitamine supplementation or Vit-D, and interviews some "expert", this expert blindly parrots the official slogans of the national food advisory boards or usual suspects that got their propaganda fed by industry-friendly lobbyism. The positives get neglected, the negatives get blown out of proportion, exaggerated, and debunked myths get endlessly repeated and single events get presented as the norm . And often the thinking behind the reasoning of criticising vitamine D or whatever, is simply erratic, broken, illogical: sad, but true.

The situation might differ a bit between Germany and the US. I the US, Vitamine D can be freely sold in doses of up to 50,000 IU, in Germany the limit is formally 1000 IE I think, with legal tricks and stretching definitions they can sell pills with up to 10,000 IU. Officials want us to not consume more than 1200 IE, or even 800, I am not clear on that right now, better it would be to not swallow any pill, at all, becasue its opills and pills are of evil, German Hobbits tick that way, you know. The dose for 2 year old babies, that is the recommended maximum dose! Why is that? Because babies in germany in the first 24 months or so must be supplemented with Vitamine D, its obligatory. But after those months, the obligation ends, and so does the record keeping. Bureaucracy'S logic: the dose in the last kept record - two years old, 1200 IE is the dose we from now on recommend until the end of all time, because we have no records beyond that. File closed, "Next!". But Vit-D needs depend on body weight and the ammount of fatty tissue, because Vit-D is liposulable. It is absurd to feed a muscular, big construction worker or a fat obesity patient the dose meant for a two year old little child.

Rule of thumb : 50-80 IU of Vit-D per kilogram body weight. The fattier the person, the higher that value. Somebody with 75kg thus would be safe when consuming something in the range of 4-5 thousand IU. Plus especially Magnesium, please, and also K2.

Single dose toxcity seem to start at ranges of 150 thousand IU. Daily doses taken over severla monbths seem to become toxic after thes emonth at daily doses exceeding 40-50 thousand. However, there are doctor-controlled high-dose therapies in clinics where several hundred thousand doses are given - per day - but NOBODY SHOULD DO THIS ALONE, AT HOME.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-07-22 at 07:52 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 10:57 AM   #10069
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Not sure whether you aimed at me,
If I'm 'aiming' I generally quote my target if I'm not the immediate response after their post (and occasionally even if). Still, if you could provide valid multiple examples of mainstream MM attacking vitamin and mineral usage alongside taking the vaccine then I'll retract.
Old 02-07-22, 11:00 AM   #10070
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The UK has approved a fifth Covid-19 vaccine, developed by US company Novavax, which offers up to 89% protection against Covid illness.

The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency has said it is safe as a first and second dose in adults.

Millions of doses are being manufactured at a plant on Teesside.

Health Secretary Sajid Javid says independent scientists on the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation will now consider its use.

The vaccine could then be used immediately as part of the UK vaccination programme.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60245736

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 11:02 AM   #10071
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 02-07-22, 11:08 AM   #10072
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 02-07-22, 11:16 AM   #10073
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Old 02-07-22, 11:18 AM   #10074
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
I don't see 'the mass media' waging a campaign against vitamin D. I do see certain individuals and groups doing so against vaccinating oneself against this virus. Just taking vitamins isn't enough and claiming such is an injustice .
The vaccine is not cracked up to what is advertised. Coworker(vaccinated) died from COVID. Another coworker hospitalized with a positive diagnosis of Guillain-Barré. This diagnosis 2 weeks after a booster. Yes, new cases of Guillain-Barré has been associated to the vaccine. Vitamin D has been tagged with being helpful in getting over COVID. If anything, you'll have stronger bones!
Old 02-07-22, 11:48 AM   #10075
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Compare those two quoted cases to the many millions and millions who got vaccinated and did not get anything in negative effects from it, but had their healths and often their lives saved instead.

Single cases are no valid scientific argument. Statistics describing trends in whole populations are.

@ Arlo,

if you understand German, simply enter on Google Germany "Vitamin D Supplementierung". Practically all entries you get on the first two pages, many of them professional monthly publications, from the PZ to the DÄB (German publications of German pharmacologists and German house doctors) do fearmongering of any kind and warn against taking therapeutically active doses of Vitamine-D, or doing it without doctor's prescription. Next, the usual health magazines we have on German TV. First they did not leave a single word on Vitamine-D, and now they rarely report on it, and immediately relativse anything that sounds positve, usually interview some "expert" who then quotes the usual fearmongering, obviously unreflected.

Maybe its different in your country, but Germany is a supplementation-phobic country. Its especially bad about Iodine, Vitamine-D and Vitamine C. Also, eating bio over here is almost a religious confession and spiritual way to enlightenment and heaven's gates opening.

Different to Germany, the Medical School of Harvard University in Boston almost two decades ago has redone their illiustraion of the food pyramide, since a research project they ran at that time, the illustration contains a small box of pills. The lead scientist of that project said in an interview that given the poor dietary habits (of U.S. citizens, he meant the timetables of the daily eating and snacking and the predetermined dietary recommendations by dietitians) and also the abysmal food quality (highly processed food, too much carbohydrates and poor fats, and crops and vegetables with high nutrient loss compared to earlier times), supplementation with at least one high-potency multivitamin pill and - and this is noteworthy since he said this almost 20 years ago! - a high-dose vitamin D pill must be regarded as a compulsory exercise for healthy living. And no, the man had no conflicts of interest, was not paid by the industry.

IMO there still are faults in that modern illustration from Harvard, but that at least they contain that pill box now, is remarkable. In Germany, the land of the green-doers and bio-eaters, this would be impossible to imagine, would be heresy. At the beginning of the pandemic, German government members and parliamentary members wanted that the EU forbids the sale of supplements in therapeutically effective doses, and when the EU said No (they had their hands full with a little minor deasease that was internaitonally spreading...), they wanted that at least Germany bans the sale completely for the German market. But homeopathy runs strong over here, health insurrers even pay for it.

When you visit Germany, dont forget to adjust your clock 50 years back.
Old 02-07-22, 11:53 AM   #10076
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:

Single cases are no valid scientific argument.

Unless of course you're the single case.
Old 02-07-22, 11:57 AM   #10077
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
The vaccine is not cracked up to what is advertised. Coworker(vaccinated) died from COVID. Another coworker hospitalized with a positive diagnosis of Guillain-Barré. This diagnosis 2 weeks after a booster. Yes, new cases of Guillain-Barré has been associated to the vaccine. Vitamin D has been tagged with being helpful in getting over COVID. If anything, you'll have stronger bones!
I'm sorry you have had two coworkers that fell into the extremely rare categories you illustrate. That's a horrible coincidence.

Here's the breakdown:

Anaphylaxis after COVID-19 vaccination is rare and has occurred in approximately 5 people per one million vaccinated in the United States. Anaphylaxis, a severe type of allergic reaction, can occur after any kind of vaccination. If it happens, healthcare providers can effectively and immediately treat the reaction. Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines and allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis.

Thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) after Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen (J&J/Janssen) COVID-19 vaccination is rare. TTS is a rare but serious adverse event that causes blood clots in large blood vessels and low platelets (blood cells that help form clots). As of January 27, 2022, more than 18.1 million doses of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine have been given in the United States. CDC and FDA identified 57 confirmed reports of people who got the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine and later developed TTS.

CDC has also identified nine deaths that have been caused by or were directly attributed to TTS following J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccination. Women ages 30-49 years, especially, should be aware of the increased risk of this rare adverse event. There are other COVID-19 vaccine options available for which this risk has not been seen.

To date, three confirmed cases of TTS following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Moderna) have been reported to VAERS after more than 517 million doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines administered in the United States. Based on available data, there is not an increased risk for TTS after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination.

Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) in people who have received the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine is rare. GBS is a rare disorder where the body’s immune system damages nerve cells, causing muscle weakness and sometimes paralysis. Most people fully recover from GBS, but some have permanent nerve damage. After more than 18.1 million J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine doses administered, there have been around 305 preliminary reports of GBS identified in VAERS as of January 27, 2022. These cases have largely been reported about 2 weeks after vaccination and mostly in men, many in those ages 50 years and older.

Based on the data, the rate of GBS within the first 21 days following J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccination was found to be 21 times higher than after Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna (mRNA COVID-19 vaccines). After the first 42 days, the rate of GBS was 11 times higher following J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccination. Analysis found no increased risk of GBS after Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna (mRNA COVID-19 vaccines). CDC and FDA will continue to monitor for and evaluate reports of GBS occurring after COVID-19 vaccination and will share more information as it becomes available.

Myocarditis and pericarditis after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle, and pericarditis is inflammation of the outer lining of the heart. Most patients with myocarditis or pericarditis after COVID-19 vaccination responded well to medicine and rest and felt better quickly. As of January 27, 2022, VAERS has received 2,179 preliminary reports of myocarditis or pericarditis among people ages 30 years and younger who received COVID-19 vaccines.

Most cases have been reported after receiving Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna, (mRNA COVID-19 vaccines) particularly in male adolescents and young adults. Through follow-up, including medical record reviews, CDC and FDA have verified 1,277 reports of myocarditis or Learn more about myocarditis and pericarditis, including clinical considerations, after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination.

Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. More than 539 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through January 31, 2022. During this time, VAERS received 11,879 preliminary reports of death (0.0022%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA clinicians review reports of death to VAERS including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...se-events.html

That's a much smaller margin than the 1.2% of unvaccinated.

Still, I don't see anyone saying one is forced to choose between a daily regimen of vitamins or the vaccine (not speaking for Germany, that is).
Old 02-07-22, 12:06 PM   #10078
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
I'm sorry you have had two coworkers that fell into the extremely rare categories you illustrate. That's a horrible coincidence.
Do you go to a funeral and advise the deceased family this is all ok because the family member death was from an coincidence? Sometimes it is best to simply say sorry.
Old 02-07-22, 12:09 PM   #10079
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Do you go to a funeral and advise the deceased family this is all ok because the family member death was from an coincidence? Sometimes it is best to simply say sorry.
I'm sorry, I didn't know they were family or that this was a funeral.
Old 02-07-22, 02:43 PM   #10080
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan