SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-22-14, 06:10 PM   #1
scissors
Shore leave

Downloads: 303
Uploads: 0
Default Idea for a mod .. Pitch and roll ....

Having noticed that when inside my boat the interior heels and rolls with very little consideration for what heeling and rolling the boat is doing on the outside .

The thought occurs why are these two states not linked somehow .

How much more immersive but for the interior of the boat to pitch forward during a dive . or backwards during an ascent to the surface .
Would give the illusion of movement i think .

I assume, and it nearly kept me from even posting this , That such cannot be done for one reason or another .

Then again ,, maybe it already has .

Thoughts?

Last edited by scissors; 03-22-14 at 07:38 PM.
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 09:40 PM   #2
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

The last day I was messing with TDW's diveplane patch, and I have noticed that camera pitch (inside the boat), was following sub's pitch during sharp diving/surfacing maneuvers. But maybe I was using New UI's subjective camera (the one which allows us to zoom in on interior dials) rather than the stock camera
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 09:53 PM   #3
scissors
Shore leave

Downloads: 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
The last day I was messing with TDW's diveplane patch, and I have noticed that camera pitch (inside the boat), was following sub's pitch during sharp diving/surfacing maneuvers. But maybe I was using New UI's subjective camera rather than the stock one
You are right .
I have just returned from deep water dive trials and confirm that i basically dont have any idea what i was talking about ..
I guess ,, At times when standing in the boat it seems to roll on its side a bit much and standing on the tower i never notice it doing that at least not as drastically as it seems below .. Perhaps i dont make many hard dives or ascents . so i drew the conclusion i did .
After doing some heavy dives i now see whats happening ,, I wish now i could get the boat on end nearly and am searching for some situation where i can maybe even get a roll or perhaps a full on loop to loop to happen LMAO .
Thank you for the gentle correction and pls disregard .
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 10:09 PM   #4
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissors View Post
You are right .
I have just returned from deep water dive trials and confirm that i basically dont have any idea what i was talking about ..
I guess ,, At times when standing in the boat it seems to roll on its side a bit much and standing on the tower i never notice it doing that at least not as drastically as it seems below .. Perhaps i dont make many hard dives or ascents . so i drew the conclusion i did .
After doing some heavy dives i now see whats happening ,, I wish now i could get the boat on end nearly and am searching for some situation where i can maybe even get a roll or perhaps a full on loop to loop to happen LMAO .
Thank you for the gentle correction and pls disregard .
I can tell you how to get the boat to roll easily. Just let an enemy destroyer ram ya! Downside is you won't survive the encounter but you can't test stuff with out some kind of risk.
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote