SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-11, 03:53 PM   #1
dthomo
Seaman

Downloads: 758
Uploads: 0
Default Clear the Bridge

I'm very new to SH5 and I'm still learning all the controls. The main Mod I'm using is Reaper7's UI but I can't seem to find a key or icon to use to clear the bridge prior to diving.I've been sunk twice because I cannot submerge.Can anybody help me?
dthomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 03:55 PM   #2
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthomo View Post
I'm very new to SH5 and I'm still learning all the controls. The main Mod I'm using is Reaper7's UI but I can't seem to find a key or icon to use to clear the bridge prior to diving.I've been sunk twice because I cannot submerge.Can anybody help me?
walk down the ladder to go below decks then order new depth
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 03:59 PM   #3
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthomo View Post
hmm why not clearing the bridge then ?

...yes i know a good Kaleun will clear the bridge after his crew did, but you know this is made for the casual gamer, so the dev`s think You have to be a stupid casual Kaleun who is climbing down the ladder first...

...simply do that, let your crew on the bridge (to the fish with them, they are good swimmers), after that you command dive

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 09:29 PM   #4
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Can a 'Clear the Bridge' command be added? Having to go down the ladder first has always bothered me... and everybody else.
Old 02-19-11, 09:39 PM   #5
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Can a 'Clear the Bridge' command be added? Having to go down the ladder first has always bothered me... and everybody else.
If you are refering at not downing the lader first,then, i never do that - i just use a teleporting command

Last edited by stoianm; 02-20-11 at 12:18 AM.
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 04:38 AM   #6
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
if you try the DBSM colletion, there is such a command added, just sound simulated, but it helps for immersion. (Key Command "F")

Old 02-20-11, 11:20 AM   #7
robbythesub
Captain

Downloads: 302

Clear the bridge command that works if possible would be much more realistic for me.
robbythesub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 03:31 PM   #8
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Almost

Quote:
The current version of the Mods by Darkwraith, MultipleUIs and his developing super mod Mega-Mod have two useful methods to get the boat down fast. The first is the teleport funtion, added to let you zip to various stations immediately. The second is a modification of the C for crash dive key.

Personally, I always use the teleport because I am always in water too shallow when I want to crash dive.
Old 02-20-11, 03:41 PM   #9
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond6751 View Post
The current version of the Mods by Darkwraith, MultipleUIs and his developing super mod Mega-Mod have two useful methods to get the boat down fast. The first is the teleport funtion, added to let you zip to various stations immediately. The second is a modification of the C for crash dive key.

Personally, I always use the teleport because I am always in water too shallow when I want to crash dive.
then change the distance to crash dive in your subs folder for like 50 metters and you will not hit the bottom in the future and you can use key C without problem
Old 02-21-11, 03:32 PM   #10
Tarnsman
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 48

Is a "clear the bridge" command difficult to do?

I feel like a total punk going below decks first and then ordering a dive.

"where is the captain?"
"he's going below"
"are we being attacked?"
"I hope he dos'nt seal the hatch before he lets us know"
Tarnsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 03:39 PM   #11
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarnsman View Post
Is a "clear the bridge" command difficult to do?

I feel like a total punk going below decks first and then ordering a dive.

"where is the captain?"
"he's going below"
"are we being attacked?"
"I hope he dos'nt seal the hatch before he lets us know"
if you have tdw uis i think that when you use the key for ,,crush'' then you will be teleported in the interior of uboat - it seems a bit like the command you want to have
Old 02-21-11, 05:52 PM   #12
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
if you have tdw uis i think that when you use the key for ,,crush'' then you will be teleported in the interior of uboat - it seems a bit like the command you want to have
there is also another way, but only for immersion...

if you activate additional to MFCM, "MFCM cash dive workarround" optional mod, and you command a new dept or simply command "hold current dept" from surface also while still on the bridge, the command is executed...

...but immediately after the command is spoken, there is a crash dive ordered, which will work while all men including you are still on the bridge !

so this means, you realy have to hurry getting fast enough through the conning hatch, before it get automaticaly closed !!! (if its closed, it is to late, mostly you cant open it again)

...while on that hurry you wont notice to much that the crew is maybe still on the bridge, and it seams that they are also a bit more motivated

pros:
- diving commands via "keys" seam to be more "reactive", also below surface
- ability to give a crash dive "alarm" command while still on the bridge

contra:
- Automation scripts which use dive orders cause a crash dive if above 10 meters dept !
- diving commands like "set dept" or "hold dept" above 10 meters dept cause a crash dive (no "decks awash" possible)
- Surfacing using "blow ballast" cause a crash dive by reaching 10 meters dept. (but you could command "to surface" just before reaching 10 meters, to prevent a crash dive)

Last edited by Stormfly; 02-21-11 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-21-11, 06:16 PM   #13
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
there is also another way, but only for immersion...

if you activate additional to MFCM, "MFCM cash dive workarround" optional mod, and you command a new dept or simply command "hold current dept" from surface also while still on the bridge, the command is executed...

...but immediately after the command is spoken, there is a crash dive ordered, which will work while all men including you are still on the bridge !

so this means, you realy have to hurry getting fast enough through the conning hatch, before it get automaticaly closed !!! (if its closed, it is to late, mostly you cant open it again)

...while on that hurry you wont notice to much that the crew is maybe still on the bridge, and it seams that they are also a bit more motivated

pros:
- diving commands via "keys" seam to be more "reactive", also below surface
- ability to give a crash dive "alarm" command while still on the bridge

contra:
- Automation scripts which use dive orders cause a crash dive if avove 10 meters dept !
- diving commands like "set dept" or "hold dept" above 10 meters dept cause a crash dive (no "decks awash" possible)
- Surfacing using "blow ballast" cause a crash dive by reaching 10 meters dept. (but you could command "to surface" just before reaching 10 meters, to prevent a crash dive)
i did not know about pros and contra because i never used that optional mod by heretic - i used only the stand allone version but thanks - good to know

btw - i do not remember - if, i do not have you sound collection mod installed, when i order crash dive the stock fille is playing the same cool ,,alaaarm'' sound or not?

i am using your sound mod since i started to play sh5 and i do not know how is the stock version - just curious