SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-21, 02:54 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Can you kindly please save my life?

No comment.

https://4w.pub/taliban-and-my-family-will-come-for-me/

Those who helped the Westerners and have the willingness to integrate and adapt to our societies and norms and values, must be taken by the US, Britian, Germany, Italy, and other nations who went into Afghanistan.

Thats an ethical imperative, me thinks.

While I absolutely agree with pulling out from this unwinnable war, I am disgusted by how many aids and helpers we left behind, waiting for their mutilation and assassination. Especially the Germans give a bad exmapk,e here, abusing unreal, world-distanced bureaucratic rules and sadistically pendantic decision criterions to avoid taking some former helper in.

I am against taking in Afghan refugees in general, unconditionally. But those who actively engaged in helping the Western ambitions, must be helped now.
Old 08-05-21, 03:03 PM   #2
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

It's being discussed heavily here in Denmark, some say we have no obligation on helping those who helped Denmark in Afghanistan, while there is those who say we are very much obligated.

I say The Danish military asked for assistance in Afghanistan, yes those who stood up and helped could have said no, but they didn't they thought they fought for a cause and therefore they helped the Danish forces in Afghanistan. Those who did this should be helped

The question is shall we take only those who helped the invading forces or shall we take their entire family too ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 03:20 PM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
It's being discussed heavily here in Denmark, some say we have no obligation on helping those who helped Denmark in Afghanistan, while there is those who say we are very much obligated.

I say The Danish military asked for assistance in Afghanistan, yes those who stood up and helped could have said no, but they didn't they thought they fought for a cause and therefore they helped the Danish forces in Afghanistan. Those who did this should be helped

The question is shall we take only those who helped the invading forces or shall we take their entire family too ?

Markus
Husbands, wives, their children.

Those who are young enough to carry their weight and build a new existence here. We must help them to get out. But that does not mean they must be given a free ride in our countries for all future to come. We have to give them a fair chance to learn and start a life where they cna earn their living by themselves. And they must make best use of it. If they mess it up, or become criminal, or abuse our social systems, or abuse our goodwillingness and hospitality, then they go back.

Fairness is mutual.
Old 08-05-21, 03:26 PM   #4
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Husbands, wives, their children.

Those who are young enough to carry their weight and build a new existence here. We must help them to get out. But that does not mean they must be given a free ride in our countries for all future to come. We have to give them a fair chance to learn and start a life where they cna earn their living by themselves. And they must make best use of it. If they mess it up, or become criminal, or abuse our social systems, or abuse our goodwillingness and hospitality, then they go back.

Fairness is mutual.
Sounds fair give a start help in their new country a kick-start help.

Markus

Old 08-08-21, 11:33 AM   #5
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I agree with you Sky but in all honesty, the UK have failed in this area before and as I type this, the latest betrayal is to those Gurkhas who fought in the British army with such distinction, They are currently being offered miserly pension rights way below those British servicemen they fought alongside.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-21, 05:25 PM   #6
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
as I type this, the latest betrayal is to those Gurkhas who fought in the British army with such distinction, They are currently being offered miserly pension rights way below those British servicemen they fought alongside.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58159773

Disgraceful. The government, and the MET police, not the gurkhas. They should hget payment by a pensions cheme that meets the living costs of the country they have won the right to live in. Indian living cost conditons if living in India, British living costs when allowed to live in Britain. Salery must be seen in context of living costs in the according place.
Old 08-11-21, 05:34 PM   #7
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

This evening the Danish parliament came to an agreement to let 45 former employees and their closes family a two years asylum in Denmark.

Markus

Old 08-11-21, 06:56 PM   #8
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

^ then what?

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 07:53 AM   #9
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58159773

Disgraceful. The government, and the MET police, not the gurkhas. They should hget payment by a pensions cheme that meets the living costs of the country they have won the right to live in. Indian living cost conditons if living in India, British living costs when allowed to live in Britain. Salery must be seen in context of living costs in the according place.
It almost makes you ashamed to be a Brit.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 03:33 PM   #10
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
^ then what?
Good question
These 45 plus family(they expect 235 Afghan people shall need protection and shall be taken to Denmark.

My friends fear that these 235 will grow to thousands in some years from now with the problem that follow

And I agree we have bad experience with young men from Afghanistan.

Markus

Old 08-12-21, 04:02 PM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
It almost makes you ashamed to be a Brit.
Only if you agree with the decision makers and defend them over this. In which case everybody doing so should be ashamed, Brit or not.