Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-21, 06:51 AM   #13561
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Or to make it short, Lavrov blames it all on the EU and speaks like a brexiter
Putin must be laughing from Moscow to his Datscha at the Krim. Water on the brexiter's mills, which is of course what Lavrov intends, to further widen gaps and bring down the EU - since it is easier for Russia to negotiate and apply pressure on single states. If the 27 members of the block would only see this and get their act together. But they only will succeed if there is a political will, and for this you need something like the EU, to bring them together.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-r...-idUSKBN2AF1CI

“Don’t confuse Europe with the European Union. When it comes to Europe, we are not going anywhere,” Lavrov said. “We have many friends in Europe.” [Lavrov]
Boris Johnson comes to mind

You can apply political pressure by trade and a trade union, this has always been the case. Any trade union has always been a political entity, with political influence. And Putin knows that very well. Sanctions will hurt Russia, their economy is not going well.

I see this as the usual try to divide others, and while it is comprehensible regarding russian national interest, it is not favourable for the rest of the world.

Re "have we ever been out of the caveman diplomacy" i think humanity was on the right way, but something snapped, something nationalist and chauvinist, and while this phenotype backfall happened only five years ago, the cause is buried in humanity's genes, and probably will never go away. I do not see this as something positive, for mankind.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 02-16-21 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-16-21, 07:35 AM   #13562
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Its what it is. We play the game with these cards and by these rules, or we dont play at all.

Thats the core idea of the current evolution model. To adapt to the circumstances.

We can like that way or we cannot like it this way. But that makes no difference. The game stays, the player plays - or drops out.
Old 02-16-21, 08:31 AM   #13563
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 02-16-21, 10:18 AM   #13564
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

EU is not a union state yet. The question is when.

Denmark and Sweden has lost or more exactly given away 80-90 % of their sovereignty to EU the last 3-4 decades.

Indirectly it is the voters, who is slowly is hammering nails into the coffin.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 02-16-21, 10:46 AM   #13565
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

Why that smiley?

I think it was the same text by Schuman they refer to that a couple of days ago found its way before my eyes. I had almost posted it. The notoreious desire if Brussels and Berlin and Paris to sign further deals with China has beocme one of my biggest arguments why the EU must be overcome. Bewrlin has not managed to untie itself from its obession with Russia - how much less it will be willing to do so regarding economic powerhouse China! I think collapse is the only thing that can stop the EU from continuing at this direction. Or a big though regional war in the Far East.
Old 02-16-21, 01:41 PM   #13566
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Why that smiley?

Some of the videos are little more than comedy shows

Jimbuna is online  
Old 02-16-21, 03:10 PM   #13567
Skybird
Soaring

You have red what I tried to explain to Catfish, and its not a given that Catfish and I agree on something, on many things we don't. But here we kind of do, we just conclude different consequences from that. You underestimate the teeth in these videos if you think they are just laughable. They find the meat they can bite into. I am not sure that is for funny effect.

Old 02-16-21, 06:32 PM   #13568
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

I've no idea who makes those videos Jimbuna is posting but they sound as if they're coming from a different country than the UK, are they doing them to stir up a bit of friction between the UK citizens and the EU ones?. Where ever they're coming from I find them to be laughable as well, only a rabid brexiteer would take any notice of the rubbish they're spouting in them.
Old 02-17-21, 07:42 AM   #13569
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I've no idea who makes those videos Jimbuna is posting but they sound as if they're coming from a different country than the UK, are they doing them to stir up a bit of friction between the UK citizens and the EU ones?. Where ever they're coming from I find them to be laughable as well, only a rabid brexiteer would take any notice of the rubbish they're spouting in them.
Precisely

Jimbuna is online  
Old 02-17-21, 07:43 AM   #13570
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
You have red what I tried to explain to Catfish, and its not a given that Catfish and I agree on something, on many things we don't. But here we kind of do, we just conclude different consequences from that. You underestimate the teeth in these videos if you think they are just laughable. They find the meat they can bite into. I am not sure that is for funny effect.

I take them all with a pinch of salt Sky....nothing more and nothing else.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 02-19-21, 08:21 AM   #13571
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The High Court must overturn Boris Johnson's decision that Home Secretary Priti Patel did not breach government rules on behaviour, a union says.

The prime minister decided not to sack Ms Patel last year after a report found evidence of "bullying" and "some occasions of shouting and swearing".

Mr Johnson backed Ms Patel, saying she had not broken the Ministerial Code.

The FDA union, which represents senior civil servants, said this reaction had "undermined" disciplinary procedures.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56125796
Not the politest of individuals by some accounts.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 02-21-21, 06:19 AM   #13572
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I was wondering when the shenanigans would commence.

Quote:
Britain could declare Brexit ‘water wars’ in response to Brussels’ blockade on shellfish.

The import of European mineral water and several food products into Britain could be restricted under retaliatory measures being considered by ministers over Brussels' refusal to end its blockade on UK shellfish.

The Telegraph can disclose that ministers are looking at proposals dubbed "Water Wars" which could see the UK end a number of continuity arrangements it has agreed with the EU.

Senior Government sources pointed to potential restrictions on the import of mineral water and seed potatoes, the latter of which the EU has secured a temporary agreement on until the end of June.

In a warning shot to Brussels, a Government source said: “There is thought being given to where we can leverage in other areas. We have continuity arrangements... we can stop these which means they won’t be able to sell their produce here.”

The discussions over tit-for-tat measures began earlier this month after the European Commission announced that a ban on the export of live oysters, clams, scallops and mussels from Britain’s class B waters would become permanent because it is now listed as a third country.

It can now be disclosed that ministers have escalated contingency planning after Stella Kyriakides, the European Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, snubbed a request to meet the Environment Secretary George Eustice to try and resolve the row.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexi...out&li=BBoPWjQ

Jimbuna is online  
Old 02-21-21, 07:29 AM   #13573
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

"The UK government has privately accepted the EU’s ban on British shellfish exports is justified, despite publicly declaring otherwise."

UK admits EU's ban on shellfish exports was 'correct' despite complaints

"It’s not just the EU’s shellfish ban causing Brexit headaches"

"Some businesses expect the U.K. government to negotiate with the EU to ease the restrictions, which are standard third-country prohibitions that Britain now finds itself subject to outside of the bloc."

"The government's list of “prohibited and restricted” items includes chilled meat like sausages, ground meat and burgers.

To access the EU's single market, Export Health Certificates state these items must be frozen to below -18°C. “As a member of the EU, we were not subject to this but we are now," a spokesperson for the British Meat Processors Association (BMPA) said.

The industry group said the main impact of the new restrictions will be to hit retail sales into Ireland. Chilled minced meat, raw sausages and mechanically separated poultry all need to be imported frozen. “Businesses will likely move some production away from [Great Britain] and into plants in the EU,” the spokesperson said."

So just.. teething problems in blaming.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-21-21, 10:57 AM   #13574
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

There's not much point in complaining about these retributions restrictions as the UK ministers should have known about this when they negotiated this trade farce deal.
The UK ministers need to toughen up their act or the EU will piss on them like this until the cows come home, a temporary fishing ban of 1 month on all issued EU fishing licences beginning on the 1st of March 2021 should get there attention.
But we know that Bozo Johnson and his cabinet are all mouth and no trousers, once they've been grabbed by the balls they are unwilling to smack anyone in the mouth and that Bozo is what's bleeding needed here.
Old 02-21-21, 11:52 AM   #13575
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Ah, the sweet voice of our friends and allies from across the canal.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics