SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-29-10, 08:24 PM   #196
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

I haven't checked it out, but it's obvious by the first post you've done one helluva job TheDarkWraith! Thank you.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 08:33 PM   #197
13owman
Seaman

Downloads: 332
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
round dial....are you referring to the heading bar that's integrated into the speed bar? Or the actual heading/rudder dial I also added to SH5E?

Heading/Rudder Dial from SH5. I would like to enable it in the SH3E version. The bar is fine but like the Dial. Also I thought it would be cool in a future release if it was floating. Thanks for the quick responce.
13owman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 08:37 PM   #198
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13owman View Post
Heading/Rudder Dial from SH5. I would like to enable it in the SH3E version. The bar is fine but like the Dial. Also I thought it would be cool in a future release if it was floating. Thanks for the quick responce.
you have me totally confused. You don't have a heading/rudder dial in your SH3 version? Can you post some screenshots as to what you're referring to and where you would like to have it?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 08:58 PM   #199
13owman
Seaman

Downloads: 332

I'm sorry if I'm not explaining it right. I don't have any screen shots off hand as we are updating in real time & it has been awhile since I posted one in a forum & I don't remember how at the moment & I'm not sure a pic would explain it.

OK So far I have only been able to use the Dial in 5. I would like to use the Rudder/Heading Dial that is from 5E in 3E.
OR did I make a mistake & I CAN use the one from 5 it in 3 but I didn't enable the right option?
13owman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 09:25 PM   #200
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13owman View Post
I'm sorry if I'm not explaining it right. I don't have any screen shots off hand as we are updating in real time & it has been awhile since I posted one in a forum & I don't remember how at the moment & I'm not sure a pic would explain it.

OK So far I have only been able to use the Dial in 5. I would like to use the Rudder/Heading Dial that is from 5E in 3E.
OR did I make a mistake & I CAN use the one from 5 it in 3 but I didn't enable the right option?
if you set your UIStyle=SH3Style in TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file then you will have the SH3 style interface with the 3 dials. If your UIStyle=SH5Enhanced then you only get the heading/rudder dial with the SH5 interface.

ctrl+F11 takes screenshots.
Old 03-30-10, 12:07 AM   #201
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

the redo of the officer's bar and the other bars is coming along well:

notice now that if:

- an officer is selected he has a white border surrounding him
- an order category is selected it's bright white in color (the propeller just above the officers in this example)
- all unselected order categories are grey in color
- any order category that doesn't meet conditions is now shown with an X through it vice nothing at all (maneuvers in this example because the boat is surfaced - needs to be submerged)
- provisions have been made that if a piece of equipment is damaged/malfunctions or an officer is wounded/deceased that an image can be displayed and the code will take appropriate action on it. Just have to figure out how to 'read' the officer's health and equipment status

I haven't finished the orders themselves but their behavior will follow that of the order categories. Right now they just show up as bright white in the screenie above (which means all are selected - once again it's not finished yet).

Right click bug is history! You can right click on the officers or the order categories or the order themselves and nothing happens.

Fixed the nasty bug reported by a user that sometimes happens when trying to go to NavMap (or leaving the NavMap)
Old 03-30-10, 12:10 AM   #202
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
- an officer is selected he has a white border surrounding him
Maybe make it thinner? Like the 2nd row of icons there, 1-2 pixels rather than feathered 4+ that it looks like?

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 12:10 AM   #203
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Maybe make it thinner? Like the 2nd row of icons there, 1-2 pixels rather than feathered 4+ that it looks like?
I can do that. After looking at it awhile it did look kinda thick.
Old 03-30-10, 02:27 AM   #204
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Prepare for Depth Charges

I am manually closing all water tight hatches every time I am expecting Depth Charges. Is there a Command to Toggle Open/Close all Water Tight Hatches? Do the Doors actually make a difference when flooding or are they just eye candy?

-TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 03-30-10 at 05:27 PM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 05:13 AM   #205
Txema
中国水兵

Downloads: 365

TheDarkWraith,

Nice work on the officer's bar !!!

While you are working on it, let me ask for something more for the officer's bar: could you add a new order (new icon) for the radio-man to activate the radio, to be able to hear the radio stations?

In the same way, could you add more new orders (new icons) as they did in the "Integrated Orders" mod included in GWX, for example? Here you have a description of all the orders included in the "Integrated Orders" mod:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=103524

EDIT: I have noticed that the description of the order number 6 in the "Chief Engineer Maneuvering Orders" is not correct: it should be "Heading to view" instead of the indicated "Turn to target"...

I really like to be able to access all the orders with a mouse click instead of using hotkeys

Txema

Last edited by Txema; 03-30-10 at 05:28 AM.
Txema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 07:50 AM   #206
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

Small request...

Next time you're in the menu editor DW... could you move the "ammo left in the clip" indicator for the flack gun away from the center of the screen?

preferably off to the right side under the ammo type icons like it was in previous SH.

This is an old screenshot i made showing th problem when you look up:

Solution Solver 2.3.2 - Visual Targeting Tools & Aids
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 12:55 AM   #207
Vonsteel
Watch

Downloads: 87

Have a small request please.. Could you add a compatiable version of the Player Guideiance mod please? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ghlight=Player

Regards
Mike
Vonsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 01:01 AM   #208
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonsteel View Post
Have a small request please.. Could you add a compatiable version of the Player Guideiance mod please? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ghlight=Player

Regards
Mike
That's in already, unless you mean getting rid of your objectives?

Also, as a small request, Nomograph on the map. I know it'd been talked about before, but haven't seen it yet.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 05:26 AM   #209
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

How do i set up the enhanced sh5 with no dials again .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 05:36 AM   #210
lumat83
Frogman

Downloads: 121

Hello

Just a question for this fantastic mod : Is it possible to remove the player guidance/Objectives icon (the "!") on the top center of the screen ?

I've looked in the "TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py" file but I don't found it

Thank for your help
lumat83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui