Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-11-07, 06:27 PM   #1
Thomsen2002
Watch

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Default Old SHII Mods Assistance?

In my revisit of the game, I'd glad that I kept most of the old mods on CD. I even found one on the forum archive that I hadn't used before : Darkstream's Historical Periscope Mod. Wow -- I love that one. Better late than never, though.

I'm back to SHII for one simple reason -- my Dell 2400 would not run SHIII. So, for me, it's SHII or nothing.

Anyway, here's a question -- I didn't keep the Hi-Res mod, but even if I can find it, I'm reluctant to try it, as I'm not certain if my system can use it properly.

So, does anyone else have a Dimension 2400, and does the Hi-Res mod work?

Another reason I ask is because I started applying the old mods carefully. Official Patch 1.1, PM 1.02, DBSM, Seeadler's new sun/moon/landscape, blue maps, Vickers Explosions all work fine. I DID have to start over from scratch after Sergbuto's Wake Mod caused a janus error. That one will NOT work for me.

As for the water -- I kept notes of the changes from some of the other water mods, and I had made my own which looked great on my old Win98 PC (now deceased). Unfortunately, that mod doesn't work for me, now. I suppose I'll have to start from scratch on that, too.

Something else I'm looking for (and didn't keep archived) is Darkstream's Historical Flags/Medals Mods. Anyone have these?

If so, would you send them to me at gehiggin@hotmail.com? That's a pretty please.

Sorry to sound like an anachronism here, but I suppose ol' Thomsen IS an anachronism.
Old 01-12-07, 09:33 PM   #2
Raptor
Weps

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

My Dell 4400 runs SH2 and the hi-res mods just fine. (2 GHZ P4, 512MB DDR RAM, nvida 64MB DDR GeForce3 Ti 200 video card using driver 6.14, Soundblaster Live card, purchased Feb 2002). I removed the hi-res years ago when I went to multiple installs of SH2. Just too much work to go through the install steps. Lazy me.

Remember, the hi-res mods have to be installed in a particular order or supposedly they won't work properly.