SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-02-19, 01:42 AM   #1
YoYo
Ensign

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
Hello,
I have a problem with TychoSh3Patch_v3 I suppose.
Double map like here: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=112

When I use bat file I have:

Windows 10, sh3.exe from UPlay.

Please notice that in UPlay version You have sh3.exe - 48 Kb and sh3_g.exe - 1306 Kb:

Any ideas???

btw.
I have installed GWX 3.0 also but did bacukup of both this sh3.exe (oryginal Uplay) and the same.

SH fan, btw. my U-boot Typ VII C41 Click!
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 08:38 PM   #2
rosseloh
Nub

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
Hello,

I'm having the same problem - except my batch file worked fine, with no errors. I just have the double map (and thus far it appears to be the ONLY issue I'm having).

EDIT: My bad, I didn't see that the render limit stuff was disabled by default. The guide I was following did not mention that that was necessary.

This is probably the biggest issue I've had with these forums so far. Everyone's tutorials assume you know one thing or another about what you're doing already, which doesn't help us who have just bought the game recently and would REALLY love a "one-executable-installer" for required mods. I know how to dig around files, but when I'm not told what actually needs to be changed, it gets...interesting.

Last edited by rosseloh; 09-01-19 at 10:27 PM.
rosseloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-19, 02:53 AM   #3
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=232178
There is included Tychos patch!
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 06:45 PM   #4
Pajuga
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 4
Default Ubiplay's version issue

Same UPlay's version issue here:

1.Installed GWX 3 Gold and working. Solved some dificulties after been able to change in Uplay the folder of the game to "/SilentHunter3" (installed SH3 in "/Silent Hunter 3" > Copied all original SH3 files to "/SilentHunter3" folder > Modified files in "/Silent Hunter 3" folder > Into Uplay program SH game, pressed "verify files" and after not detect the files as correct, Uplay offered the possibility to "look for the game files" in another folder > Marked "/SilentHunter3" as folder for the Uplay game.

2.Installed ARB WideGui.

3.Installed TychoSh3Patch as described in ARB Widegui first post (no other TychoSh3 files added different that the ones in that post) and got THESE ISSUES and error messages described below.

4.Installed SH3Commander and working (at least some basic features tryed)

==> Currently the game works but map is doubled and doesn't match with real positions apparently (i.e. waters in port and surrounding areas appear as inland).

[Note no Sie patch or other patchs installed, that were not included in the ARB Widegui first post]

When I use bat file I have:

Windows 7, sh3.exe from UPlay.

Please notice that in UPlay version You have sh3.exe - 48 Kb and sh3_g.exe - 1306 Kb:

ANY IDEAS TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE TO GET 1080p MAPS?

OTHERWISE...any suggestion how to "remove" the patch and have "smaller but functional" navigation maps back in the game without removing all the mods and try to reinstall?
Pajuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 07:58 PM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

pajuga!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 04:05 AM   #6
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > pajuga
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 12:50 PM   #7
Olamagato
Torpedoman

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajuga View Post
Same UPlay's version issue here:
[...]
Windows 7, sh3.exe from UPlay.

ANY IDEAS TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE TO GET 1080p MAPS?
[...]
sh3_g.exe is your true sh3.exe file. Archive uplay small loader sh3.exe. Next rename your file to sh3.exe and repeat execute patch. Then if your game not launch try reverse rename sh3.exe to sh3_g.exe and restore uplay small loader sh3.exe.
Olamagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 12:31 AM   #8
shadow_wxh
Soundman

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 1

would it be possible to enable render accurate shoreline as you could do in mission editor?
shadow_wxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 08:33 AM   #9
Olamagato
Torpedoman

Downloads: 72

I think that would not even be advisable. What would be the difficulty of navigating by GPS in a game reflecting the years 1939-1945? This is why the map is not so accurate that sometimes you have to pick up the periscope and sometimes get into a sandbar and combine how to get out of it. And when you turn on the external view, you have coastal navigation.
Olamagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 08:10 AM   #10
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

Is describe a patch to enable a fix for real navigation or even fur just non contract in map for hydro contacts in the attack map even with no contract switch on.

Hydro operator is a but crappy in sh3, you don't know how many contractors reads, taking ships in a convoy should be manual and take 4 bearing meeting could take so long to do manual, also taking in the chance of course is a pain.

At first I suppose thats not possible but I world like a qualified answer, another problem in game is that radar warning show up with direction when they should not, and that make in the same way hydro contract does, so just replace all the siluettes of ships is no right solution..

There's any chance? mybe just by alpha layer getting 00 instead of FF, idont know the code but thats a posible way if they exist in hexa.

Last edited by Aquelarrefox; 05-08-20 at 09:00 AM.
Aquelarrefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 06:29 AM   #11
Nicolai
Watch

Downloads: 63
Default binpatch.exe

Hi all,

When trying to install this patch, the binpatch.exe will not start, giving the error: "the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b", which seems to me a vague Windows compatibility error.
I have the msvcp100 and msvcr100 .dll files in both my sys32 as my SH3 install folder if that matters.
I am running Windows 10 and if anyone has any ideas or has encountered this issue (or has a way for me to patch the few bits for the nav/attack map scale manually) I would love to hear it.

Thanks in advance,
Nicolai
Nicolai is offline   Reply With Quote