SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-19-20, 06:47 PM   #1
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375
Uploads: 0

glad your enjoying that what matters i did hear bad stuff about the consoles version i figure it design for like the ps5 so i didnt even mess with getting it before i spend that much money on ps5 i'll work on a gaming computer
Old 12-20-20, 08:33 PM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Its currently pulled from the PS4

market. If the studio has the coins, they will spend the time to massively fix it, if not, then its dead.

Had a disappointing exprrience this year wqith Outer Worlds. Former Bethesda developers, open world, good detail open sandbox and all that. What I got was a nightmare of ultra-genderism and -feminism that especially in the german version killed it in no time for me, a plane and superliner gameplay, and a shallow world that I would not call "open world" or sandbox at all. I refunded.

So it goes. Sometimes you catch the bear and sometimes the bear catches you.

Its amazing how often I fall back to older games. Pasdt weeks, after years of absenc,e I started in Skyrim again, just busy with building mod homes and collecting companions and equipping them as best as I could. Man, it is already over ten years!

Last edited by Skybird; 12-21-20 at 07:04 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 04:05 AM   #3
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

I'm around 25hrs in and quite surprisingly I am enjoying it a lot. Like Threadfin said, it has a whole plethora of issues but somehow it keeps me going back to it. Much of it must be the characters and stories; just like with their previous games it's definitely the strong point of it.

CohhCarnage (youtuber) put it best imho: It feels like six months ago someone in the company told everyone to stop working on whatever system they were working on and polish it the best they can for release.

The game is clearly unfinished with basic open world features such as a walk button (on PC) missing, or the ability to change your character's appearance at all beyong the character creation.

They've got a lot of work to do to make this the game they told us we'd be getting. Fingers crossed they'll deliver.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 06:49 AM   #4
d@rk51d3
Sea Lord

Downloads: 193

Is it like an updated “Deus Ex”?

Man I loved that game, but could have been just that much more.
I always wished you could oppose your brother and take an alternative path though.
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 07:52 AM   #5
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by d@rk51d3 View Post
Is it like an updated “Deus Ex”?

In a sense yes. I played Deus Ex, HR and MD, while skipping the other Deus Ex titles. There is a similar vibe here. I feel the influence of a number of games in Cyberpunk.

I think for players who like games like Deus Ex that they'll find a lot to like in Cyberpunk too. I'm 50 hours in now and have dabbled in a little of everything the game has to offer. My favorite parts are the structured missions, the set pieces. Free-roaming is fine, you can travel around and find all sorts of things to do and to see. But the story jobs are fantastic in the main, and I'm enjoying the ride.

It's true that Cyberpunk is not what was planned or even what was promised. Expectations are key here. Some will be disappointed, but I think if you can just accept the game at face value there is plenty to like. Just gotta play it on PC.
Old 12-23-20, 12:53 AM   #6
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-20, 07:12 PM   #7
zachanscom
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 2

the deus ex comparisons are apt. this was one of those cases where i was glad not to be sucked into the hype despite cdpr's reputation. many people thought they could do no wrong and would create the next evolution of open world games. while the world and world building is ambitious, the open world mechanics especially as related to ai, police response, are quite primitive compared to even gta 4. there's noticeably cut and altered content, which again fuels the disappointment of people expecting those features. where the game shines is on the story and the bespoke side quests. the peralez story arc is a good example how well such content could be done. the deux ex parallels come in via how many ways you can access a location or manipulate characters. climbing building and accessing roof vents definitely gave me deux ex deja vu i almost feel like they could have made a more story driven game, at the same time, i agree that it would be a waste of such an ambition environment. the scope and detail of the world is something different. i hope they revamp the npc/criminal/police ai and add flesh out all the available content. i think it could make it feel like a different game.
zachanscom is offline   Reply With Quote