Old 04-20-14, 07:14 AM   #181
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
13 rnds in .9mm
You are probably gonna need all 13 rounds to stop the guy if this handgun shoots .9mm rounds.

Old 04-20-14, 02:10 PM   #182
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Shoot a .45...because they don't make a .46
Old 04-21-14, 06:20 AM   #183
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
I only have one Wife so 1 is enuff at just under 300 bucks.

30' is plenty of range for our home. No miracle long shots through a rear window I'd think.

13 rounds of 9mm should be enuff. If not? Time for a new Wife.

I'm thinking give her the Local LEO training. Keep pulling the trigger till it's empty, reload, and if they moan? Repeat!
I'm surprise that famed left hook isn't enough for Nancy Lady

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 12:20 PM   #184
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
I only have one Wife so 1 is enuff at just under 300 bucks.
Stop taking the Schizophrenia meds; you'll think otherwise!

Quote:
30' is plenty of range for our home. No miracle long shots through a rear window I'd think.
Really! I've been pacing off a lot of tinted window SUV's this last week (60') while at outdoor ATM's guarding the techs and the shot ain't even feasible for a stationary vehicle; and I've got laser grips to boot. Once he's 'back to ya' and moving away, you're out of it legally and paper-work-wise; Christian/bullet backfield considerations not withstanding... especially as I'm usually on camera'd locations and the choreography of 'what if' must be 'spot on'!

Quote:
13 rounds of 9mm should be enuff. If not? Time for a new Wife.
Nah! Since my Fed days in the housing: carry the first three-four rounds in the clip, and in the 'pipe' of these...Black Talon;(photo) which were discontinued due to public outcry (2000) but have been replaced by Winchester SXT in 2007(SXT="same exact thing")and in 2009 by the Winchester Supreme Elite PDX1 'reverse taper': and the balance of the clip in standard jacketed rounds for economy. For home defense, there need be few rules. Be careful around Nancy! Mr. Pistorius, currently on trial, used Black Talons on his Ms. Reeva in S. Africa and, of course: an extra clip and proper holster for your beloved, now armed, fraü...guaranteed to bring out her femme fatale BBY!.

Quote:
I'm thinking give her the Local LEO training. Keep pulling the trigger till it's empty, reload, and if they moan? Repeat!
Excellent notion !!! as (LEO) it usually quals you for the CCW permit as well. AGAIN! a spare clip-properly sequenced (loadstack-wise) magazine...pour le Coupe de Grâce mon amis!... for a fast reload on those 'still wiggling "moaners"'!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 04:06 PM   #185
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

have anyone here mess with the 1847 walkers from cabela's
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 05:46 PM   #186
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Still the finest handgun on the planet, and I own a Colt's Python and carry a Berretta 92 24/7 . My practical experience with Walkers is with Civil War re-enacting and properly loaded, they are the most powerful handgun in .44 cal. yet. I still have and shoot personally the two little off-spring : both Uberti replica .36 Navies with no complaints.
The Colt Walker is quite powerful, with modern replicas firing modern FFFg black powder producing energy levels in excess of 500 foot pounds with both picket bullets and 0.454-inch-diameter (11.5 mm), 141-grain (9.1 g) round ball bullets. The black powder Colt Walker is often regarded as the most powerful commercially manufactured repeating handgun from 1847 until the introduction of the .357 Magnum in 1935, having a muzzle energy nearly exactly the same as a 4-inch-barreled handgun firing a .357 Magnum as my 4" Python. The Colt Walker has long maintained a unique position and mystique among handgun users, and its name is often used as a common expression of any overly large generic handgun example. Interestingly, while there is little to no documented evidence, it is still rumored that a Colt Walker, when loaded with the full 60 grain charge and a Minnie Ball, produces half again the muzzle velocity of the .357 Magnum thereby retaining its crown as the most powerful handgun ever made until the more recent introduction of extremely powerful handguns, including the Smith & Wesson 500 and the Smith & Wesson 460, among others. With the added advantage: It makes a great club when empty; Texas Rangers, employing Comanche tactics with this superior technology made the Southern Plains habitable in the 1830' & 40's. With 'wonder wads' behind each of the bullets- atop the full powder charges- to prevent a possible chain fire the weapon is utterly reliable and I've never experienced problems. For damp weather as in a reenactment, birthday candle wax is good moisture prevention on the front of the loaded cylinder. Two critical shooting tips:1; put a loop(string or leather thong) around the rammer and barrel of a Walker so the rammer does not drop (from recoil) and jam the cylinder rotation; and 2; always raise the pistol barrel up straight while cocking the hammer so that the deformed percussion cap(on any cap and ball revolver) from a previous shot, does not ride into the receiver but falls away, preventing a cylinder jam. Wear eye protection! Generally old timers carried two or more-up to six so yer a' shootin' one and a' cockin' one alternately in each hand. If you saw Lonesome Dove you should have the hang of it. When loading, pinch each cap slightly to insure a snug fit over the nipple(s) on the cylinder back: German made caps are best. The metallurgy of modern reproductions is very good-but have spare trigger and hand springs for the workings and a good screw driver to fine-tune the cylinder rotation smoothly on the pistol when respringing (the temper fades). Rewatch: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Lonesome_Dove especially when whackin' insolent bartenders etc. Goes nicely with my own Henry .44 magnum rifle(below), original 45-70 Trapdoor Springfield or 45-70 Sharp's Carbine too! I can't just spend all my time in type VII U-boats! hard to say which is the backup! NOTE: This 'bad boy' was converted to cartridge from 'cap and ball' as a safety measure on the set. in real life whether the trigger is pulled or not-you got a headache pardner.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 04-23-14 at 08:50 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 07:08 PM   #187
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

ill have to take it out and pop some rounds though it I know the two 1851 navy's I got look like baby toys beside it at 5 pounds you can diffenly buffalo some one with it
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 09:32 PM   #188
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I picked up a couple of firearms last weekend from Dad.

The first is a Winchester 1894 30-30 with a serial number dating it to 1919. It's fitted with a Lyman "DA" sight and was in good working condition when put away last so it should be usable with some TLC that's long overdue. He used this for deer hunting at times in Lake County California where long shots pretty much aren't needed.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 10:23 PM   #189
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I picked up a couple of firearms last weekend from Dad.

The first is a Winchester 1894 30-30 with a serial number dating it to 1919. It's fitted with a Lyman "DA" sight and was in good working condition when put away last so it should be usable with some TLC that's long overdue. He used this for deer hunting at times in Lake County California where long shots pretty much aren't needed.
Fancy! I love a gun that has a story or family history behind it.

Anybody can agree that you've got a nice gun right there.
Old 01-06-15, 08:11 AM   #190
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Great photos: you can almost smell that rifle...
Eichhörnchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 09:10 AM   #191
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
Fancy! I love a gun that has a story or family history behind it.

Anybody can agree that you've got a nice gun right there.
Most definitely

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 11:22 AM   #192
antikristuseke
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
Shoot a .45...because they don't make a .46
.460 Rowland

Yes, yes, I know its still a .451 in bullet diameter
antikristuseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 11:36 AM   #193
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Default Us kids' shootin' irons...

We were armed with these when we were kids (I went through a phase of collecting cowboy "cap guns" a while back)...

You can see how this one was a bit special: the percussion caps were placed inside dummy bullets, which were then loaded into the gun just like the real thing! Fab!
Old 01-06-15, 03:04 PM   #194
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhornchen View Post

We were armed with these when we were kids (I went through a phase of collecting cowboy "cap guns" a while back)...

You can see how this one was a bit special: the percussion caps were placed inside dummy bullets, which were then loaded into the gun just like the real thing! Fab!
I must object!! That is a Toy gun and not a firearm!

Old 01-06-15, 03:09 PM   #195
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Yeah well our parents (unfortunately) wouldn't let us have real guns, or we'd have shot one another with just as much enthusiasm. I remember my brother shot this kid once in the thigh with a bow and arrow, with a proper metal pile on the tip. He ran around squealing with this thing hanging from his leg just like animals do on TV when they've been darted. We laughed.....

Tags
firearms, gun, guns, rifles