SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-04-12, 10:47 PM   #541
sidmo001
Sailor man

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Hi sidmo001

Sorry, but this is a known bug and I do not know how to fix it.
I have talked to uekel about this (he is a dat ship expert) and he can see nothing wrong with the way dat ships were added to OHII.

Privateer wrote a post about the AO mapping and how the devs did it for SH5. see here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=190674http://

Im not sure if the way it was done for the ships in OHII followed this or not. Perhaps someone who knows about graphics can look at this.

Anyway - could you try adjusting the settings in the main menu for the graphics and check results in the museum.
If you find a setting that works - please let me know as I can not duplicate the error
Woot! Got everything working now!

The problem was, was that I had the v1.1 patch. Once I installed the v1.2 patch the ships found the textures
sidmo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 01:06 AM   #542
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidmo001 View Post

The problem was, was that I had the v1.1 patch. Once I installed the v1.2 patch the ships found the textures
Hey sidmo!

Really good news!

The problem was, that everyone assumed your game is patched to 1.2, because until recently it update automatically. It is also good to know, if once again someone has this issue.
uekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 02:39 AM   #543
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Hi Trevally!

...if I nerve with it, so let me know please!

Example for an extended tutorial, all based on the stock-tutorial on the way back to Kiel. (Only conception):

Map zone:

Mission can be, for example sink 3...5 polish ships or tonnage, (maybe outbound to england). Taken from the regular traffic, already in the game.

And the point given for this, not for the "target-ships" in the stock tutorial.

The missions not MUST requested - no problem. And after sinking the third target ship, we have full control over the UI - also no problem.

Here I see a chance for a small mission in the Baltic Sea! Later is not enough enemy traffic present. Also it would later historically inaccurate. And if someone not like this "mission" - skip tutorial.

Last edited by uekel; 02-05-12 at 03:32 AM.
Old 02-05-12, 05:02 AM   #544
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidmo001 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by uekel View Post
Hey sidmo!

Really good news!

The problem was, that everyone assumed your game is patched to 1.2, because until recently it update automatically. It is also good to know, if once again someone has this issue.
Thanks sidmo001 for reporting back your solution
Old 02-05-12, 05:35 AM   #545
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by uekel View Post
Hi Trevally!

...if I nerve with it, so let me know please!

Example for an extended tutorial, all based on the stock-tutorial on the way back to Kiel. (Only conception):

Map zone:

Mission can be, for example sink 3...5 polish ships or tonnage, (maybe outbound to england). Taken from the regular traffic, already in the game.

And the point given for this, not for the "target-ships" in the stock tutorial.

The missions not MUST requested - no problem. And after sinking the third target ship, we have full control over the UI - also no problem.

Here I see a chance for a small mission in the Baltic Sea! Later is not enough enemy traffic present. Also it would later historically inaccurate. And if someone not like this "mission" - skip tutorial.
Yes - last night was the first time I had a good look at the tutorial.
After sinking the 3rd ship - full Ui is restored (even TDWs Ui)

So yes the long return trip to Kiel is wasted and no skipper should return to port with a healthy boat full of torps

The last message you get is to return and dock at kiel - how do you think this Baltic mission should be triggered.

The text for return to Kiel could be edited to say attack any ships on route or we could add a map trigger to send a new message.

I will check the traffic for this time to ensure there are ships to attack rather than set spawned ones.
Old 02-05-12, 06:45 AM   #546
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
The last message you get is to return and dock at kiel - how do you think this Baltic mission should be triggered.
I think it not must triggered. Only change the last massage to "Sink enemy ships", or other, to return and refit to base is a matter of course, i hope. And the missions not must requestet before, it´s enough to accomplish the conditions.
Quote:
I will check the traffic for this time to ensure there are ships to attack rather than set spawned ones.
Traffic is there more than enough for the tordedos. I´ve played the tutorial many times and mostly like this.
Old 02-05-12, 07:12 AM   #547
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Here is to enable the full TDW UI interface from the start of the tutorial .
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21299...al_mission.rar 3.5kb

Silent Hunter 5\data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Total_Germany

If using TDW UI then you have to have the TAI enabled and not using real navigation .
Can someone fix the scripting up so we have full control of the navmap from the start .
This File sucks .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 02-05-12 at 07:50 AM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 11:39 AM   #548
Faamecanic
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 44
Problems with sound

Hey all,

I have been having problems with sound portion of this mod (forgot the name of the mod with OH).

Seems to happen when I encounter thunder storms. None of my crew will talk, and I loose the ability to do depth to keel (both the nav reporting the depth and the message in the message box telling me the depth).

Any ideas?
Faamecanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 12:32 PM   #549
Trevally.
Navy Seal

I have had a great beakthrough today

Im so happy

I have finally been able to make wolfpack attacks for the campaign without having to follow one about the map for weeks at a time.

This new method lets me set the partol areas for the Wolfpack Campaign - Black Pit.
I have hidden trigger zones that will now cause wolfpacks and convoys to spawn.
You will get radio messages to inform you that a pack is forming and that a convoy is being tailed.
You then meet up with the wolf pack and attack the convoy.

I will post a set of screen shots to show how it all pans out soon.
It was great victory for the wolfpack - 10 ships lost for 1 U-boat.

Anyway - I need help.
Can anyone tell me how the wolpack worked - messages, approach attack formation etc
Old 02-05-12, 12:44 PM   #550
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Great Trevally, waiting for the next update of OHII.
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 01:27 PM   #551
mikaelanderlund
Captain

Downloads: 267

Quote:
I have had a great beakthrough today

Im so happy

I have finally been able to make wolfpack attacks for the campaign without having to follow one about the map for weeks at a time.

This new method lets me set the partol areas for the Wolfpack Campaign - Black Pit.
I have hidden trigger zones that will now cause wolfpacks and convoys to spawn.
You will get radio messages to inform you that a pack is forming and that a convoy is being tailed.
You then meet up with the wolf pack and attack the convoy.

I will post a set of screen shots to show how it all pans out soon.
It was great victory for the wolfpack - 10 ships lost for 1 U-boat.

Anyway - I need help.
Can anyone tell me how the wolpack worked - messages, approach attack formation etc
Fantastic news
mikaelanderlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 02:00 PM   #552
gambla
Gunner

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Anyway - I need help.

Great job Trevally !

What i've read in many books is, that the first sub detecting the convoy never attacked at first contact. It sent a message to the BdU and kept in touch ("Fühlung halten") with the convoy, sending further reports every day. The BdU ordered alls subs in range to move to the convoy. Once enough boats were on target, they got the "go" by the BdU. Then every Kaleun attacked on his own. Afaik there was no communication between the boats or any special formation. I've just finished an excellent book about Kretschmer who is said to have developed "the surfaced at night attack". He went straight into the convoy columns and looked out for the tankers. We all know he was very successfull, even many other denied this strategy as way too risky. The majority of boats usually attacked in sending a "Fächer" of torpedoes.
Old 02-05-12, 02:18 PM   #553
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambla View Post
Great job Trevally !

What i've read in many books is, that the first sub detecting the convoy never attacked at first contact. It sent a message to the BdU and kept in touch ("Fühlung halten") with the convoy, sending further reports every day. The BdU ordered alls subs in range to move to the convoy. Once enough boats were on target, they got the "go" by the BdU. Then every Kaleun attacked on his own. Afaik there was no communication between the boats or any special formation. I've just finished an excellent book about Kretschmer who is said to have developed "the surfaced at night attack". He went straight into the convoy columns and looked out for the tankers. We all know he was very successfull, even many other denied this strategy as way too risky. The majority of boats usually attacked in sending a "Fächer" of torpedoes.
Thanks Gambla - this is very helpfull

As you will see in the Screen shots I will post soon - I have this all wrong.
The setup I have is to join the wolfpack last and it is then given the go ahead from BdU to attack.
Our nice formation soon turns to every boat for itself (so I guess this is ok and can stay in). U-boat run hard on surface until the are close enough to shoot or if they are spotted and fired upon - they dive to scope. Attack are Fächer (fan) from each boat as they can.
They then dive deep to reload before comming around to fire again.

So if I change it to the following:-

Arrive at hidden map zone.
Spawn convoy at limit of sight.
Inform player to shadow convoy and send reports every 2 hrs
After set distance (unknown to player) another mapzone will trigger
This trigger will inform player the Boats are forming and continue to shadow and report.
Player hits next trigger map area.
This trigger spawns the wolfpack and informs wolfpack to attack.

How does this sound
How long should player shadow before I set the next action - how real do we want this. Will player follow this contact sending reporst for days? Or would a few hours be ok? Any suggestions would be good.
What about the end of the attack - just sneak away or should there be any messages here?
Old 02-05-12, 02:23 PM   #554
Trevally.
Navy Seal

If player is shadowing the convoy at say 10,000m ?? - it is going to be hard to catch up with the attack when it starts.
Perhaps there should be a message just before the order to attack - with an order to prepare for attack?
Old 02-05-12, 02:29 PM   #555
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Anyway - here is the first attempt

Selecting Campaign The Black Pit - using OHIIv1.7

Selecting Objective Wolfpack

Setting off from Brest

I just can't help taking screen shots in this game

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii