SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-23-09, 06:16 AM   #1
looney
Commodore

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Default Difficulty settings

I have a funny problem.

Yesterday I used an older system restore point cause I had a faulty updat from windows. After the the system restore point was loaded I continued with a patrol in a type 9 boat (operation monsun, that is why i post it here) I suddenly have the old difficulty settings: thus gods eye view and point and click torp shooting. Now I know for a fact I started the patrol 2 weeks ago (I have 4 campaigns running simultaniously). Thus any difficulty setting would have been stored way b4 my system restore point (dated 19-11-2009 dd-mm-yyyy) and I started the trip somehwere around 10-11-2009.

Where can i change the difficulty for my current patrol? It must be doable else the savegame would be corrupt instead of switching back to an easier difficulty.
looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 11:44 AM   #2
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by looney View Post
I have a funny problem.

Yesterday I used an older system restore point cause I had a faulty updat from windows. After the the system restore point was loaded I continued with a patrol in a type 9 boat (operation monsun, that is why i post it here) I suddenly have the old difficulty settings: thus gods eye view and point and click torp shooting. Now I know for a fact I started the patrol 2 weeks ago (I have 4 campaigns running simultaniously). Thus any difficulty setting would have been stored way b4 my system restore point (dated 19-11-2009 dd-mm-yyyy) and I started the trip somehwere around 10-11-2009.

Where can i change the difficulty for my current patrol? It must be doable else the savegame would be corrupt instead of switching back to an easier difficulty.
My only thought would be to return to port, save and see if you are allowed to tweek settings. I have never done that before but it might be worth a try.

Happy Hunting!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-09, 02:44 AM   #3
msalama
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 99

I've absolutely no idea if the following works, but no harm in trying I suppose?

1) Go to C:\Documents and Settings\{YourUserName}\My Documents\SH4\data\cfg\UPCInitial and open a file called GameplaySettings.cfg. In there you see stuff like "LimitedBatteries=true", etc. Change all the entries to whatever you prefer.

2) Locate a known working save (they have their own working directories such as C:\Documents and Settings\{YourUserName}\My Documents\SH4\data\cfg\SaveGames\00000002) and copy the modified settings file to this directory.

3) Load the save and test your changes.
msalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-09, 05:23 AM   #4
looney
Commodore

Downloads: 43

when I reloaded the game a day later the original diff. settings where restored so no big problem. Strange problem though
looney is offline   Reply With Quote