SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-05-12, 02:36 PM   #556
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Heading to patrol area - (note my kills from my last campaign)

8 days later - Message from BdU for pack to attack

Wolfpack

Formation starts to fail

The convoy starts to come into view
Its going to be another foggy day

But between us and the prize are these
Old 02-05-12, 02:44 PM   #557
Trevally.
Navy Seal

First move comes from the DDs

Before we can get in range - we must endure wave after wave of DCs

This one stings the ears and damages my motors - speed is now reduced

I continue to charge at the convoy - hoping that the DDs will target some other u-boat.
The first attack gets through (this was not me)

Here is one for Rongel AI scope attacked by DD cannons
Old 02-05-12, 02:51 PM   #558
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Ok - time for me to join the attack

I get a message to tell me that the objective is complete
Notice - I have not yet sunk any ships
I am being rewarded for being in a wolfpack attack

Anyway - I target more ships

The battlefield is a mess of burning oil - note all the oil marks where ships have sunk

And just to show I helped out a bit
Old 02-05-12, 03:04 PM   #559
Trevally.
Navy Seal

@ TDW,

As I now have the mis file with the spawn convoy and wolfpack set by trigger (can be any trigger - so far I have used reach map area).
Would it be possible to link that trigger with code just like the py code for the tutorial (loads with the campaign and for that campaign only).
The link could be to a send contact report - so when a player finds any convoy in the right campaign - they can click send contact report.
This could then roll the dice. Perhaps a 1 in 10 chance that a message comes back with form wolfpack etc and spawns the pack too
Old 02-05-12, 05:09 PM   #560
Maki4444
Sparky

Downloads: 334
Uploads: 0

COngratulations Trevally
Spectacular job!!! Wohoooo!!!!

This looks so awesome I can't wait to try it

I am on the Happy Times. The Adimral gives me a little speech about how we have enough subs for the Wolfpack tactic. My question is.....can I pull a Wolfpack during happy times???
Maki4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 05:15 PM   #561
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by uekel View Post
I think it not must triggered. Only change the last massage to "Sink enemy ships", or other, to return and refit to base is a matter of course, i hope. And the missions not must requestet before, it´s enough to accomplish the conditions.Traffic is there more than enough for the tordedos. I´ve played the tutorial many times and mostly like this.
Hi Uekel

I have added the Baltic Operation objective to the campaign.
It starts when you are on the tutorial or if you skip - it is the first objective option (followed a few days later with the East Coast objective).
When returning to kiel in the tutorial - you get a message telling you that the operation is underway and you may take part on your return to Kiel.

When finished - you will get 1 campaign point.
There is now 11 points in Coastal Waters campaign - so if you miss the Scapa mission, you can still get 10points and a total victory.

Old 02-05-12, 05:26 PM   #562
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki4444 View Post
COngratulations Trevally
Spectacular job!!! Wohoooo!!!!

This looks so awesome I can't wait to try it

I am on the Happy Times. The Adimral gives me a little speech about how we have enough subs for the Wolfpack tactic. My question is.....can I pull a Wolfpack during happy times???
Thanks

Sorry no - the Wolfpacks only start mid 1941 - and then they are few and far between.
There numbers increase untill the peak just before black may, then start to reduce again with the advances the allies make.

With v1.6 you need to latch onto wolfpacks as the patrol about. Stay with them untill they find a convoy (could take a good few days or weeks, but with the wolfpack layer - they will find something).

With 1.7 this will still be the case - but there will also be the triggered ones when you hit hidden map areas
Old 02-05-12, 05:33 PM   #563
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Request for OHII users.

I am looking to the next version and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for new operations in any campaign.

For some - there are gaps in the campaign where you have no missions to do until the next one starts by date.
I am looking to fill any of these out - where the gap is too long.

So all suggestions welcome
Can you give info for timeframe, mission, and any link to historical info

Thanks
Old 02-05-12, 05:47 PM   #564
Maki4444
Sparky

Downloads: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Thanks

Sorry no - the Wolfpacks only start mid 1941 - and then they are few and far between.
There numbers increase untill the peak just before black may, then start to reduce again with the advances the allies make.

With v1.6 you need to latch onto wolfpacks as the patrol about. Stay with them untill they find a convoy (could take a good few days or weeks, but with the wolfpack layer - they will find something).

With 1.7 this will still be the case - but there will also be the triggered ones when you hit hidden map areas
Thank YOU for the awesome mods

Well thanks again for the info, no matter I can just wait for the wolfpack season to begin

So I had sort of an Idea.....you sometimes add new ships in the OHII series right?? Well everyone is fascinated by Uekel's mtns mod as am I, really amazing stuff.....however many people like me are having various problems. So I am wondering could the whole thing function better if you would just integrate Uekel's ships into the OHII mod?? Maybe it could take up less memory or just be more stable. I have no clue about modding but I just had this idea. Since it's always bette to have one mod than 7 mods.....no disrespect to Uekel ofcourse.
Maki4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 05:58 PM   #565
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Why not wait until TDW finishes his GR2 Editor/Viewer/Extractor/Importer then do a major rewrite with new added models .

In the meantime what about more elcos in some enemy ports to make it harder/more realistic . Why not use nodes for the harbor traffic ?

Rambling on again , what would be good if some missions were random when entering the mission map screen at the beginning of a patrol . Sometimes its eastern approaches , sometimes some other mission . If we could just have the insert spy at diffrent locations then that would be great . No idea how this could be done as usual .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 02-05-12 at 07:47 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-12, 10:24 PM   #566
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Sorry to be a PITA but its just a question .
I loaded OH2 1.6 and checked the mission editor 2 validator . I checked the weserubung layer and it has these warning errors . thanks for all your hard work btw .

also in harbors layer
WARNING: Unit Hipper too close to the unit Hipper (current distance 1.0, minimum 300.0)
WARNING: Unit Hipper too close to the unit Hipper (current distance 3.2, minimum 300.0)
WARNING: Unit Hipper too close to the unit Hipper (current distance 2.2, minimum 300.0)
WARNING: Unit Hipper too close to the unit Hipper (current distance 2.8, minimum 300.0)
WARNING: Unit Hipper too close to the unit _GE CA Admiral Hipper#9 (current distance 3.2, minimum 300.0)
WARNING: Unit Hipper too close to the unit _GE CA Admiral Hipper#9 (current distance 1.4, minimum 300.0)
WARNING: Unit _GE CA Admiral Hipper#10 too close to the unit _GE CA Admiral Hipper#11 (current distance 5.0, minimum 300.0)
WARNING: Unit _GE CA Admiral Hipper#10 too close to the unit _GE CA Admiral Hipper#12 (current distance 1.0, minimum 300.0)
WARNING: Unit _GE CA Admiral Hipper#11 too close to the unit _GE CA Admiral Hipper#12 (current distance 4.5, minimum 300.0)
Old 02-05-12, 10:54 PM   #567
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

What happens if you load the ME2 and right click the tutorial mission so thats the only one showing and then select isTutorial = False .
Then rewrite the first campaign ? Do we end up with no tutorial but just a normal campaign ?
Old 02-06-12, 12:55 AM   #568
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Trevally,

why are these BDU wolfpack radio messages not captured by TDW radio mod, normaly all BDU messages should be captured (not displaying as / in the vanilla radio message UI area) and instead displayed in TDW radio window.

...i would like to have a test version of the new triggered wolfpack version

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 01:19 AM   #569
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Old 02-06-12, 01:26 AM   #570
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 2

Hi Trevally!

Hehe

I thought you are busy and, do the same with the difference that you get the point, if you skip tutorial. The missions added by the game because I play it currently. I use the old name, maybe later we have more missions in baltic sea.

But now I see your solution and I think that your´s better.
uekel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii