SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-16-16, 01:40 PM   #1456
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

A Danish/Syrian Politician wrote this as a debate on a Danish news paper homepage

Have used google-translate and corrected where needed-

Sorry for any "weird" sentence

Author Naser Khader

"Moderate Muslims have a shared responsibility for terror

We Muslims can not absolve ourselves of responsibility for that Islam is in deep crisis and that it is a duty to fight the dark forces

After the terrorist attack in Nice, where a Tunisian man killed at least 84 people and injured many more, I wrote an update on Facebook

"If it is Islam, I will not be a Muslim."

Note the word 'if'. Time of writing the Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack. The details are not yet known.

The French government has called it terrorism. I do not write with my update that all Muslims are terrorists, or that we are at war with Islam. But as usual it will be read as such by many Muslims and other critics of my person. It is predictable, and that's exactly why Islam is in deep crisis.

My update was written deliberately, and I've said it before. It is not enough anymore to express sympathy with the victims and the bereaved. It is not enough to declare that we must stand together. It is not enough to establish that we are at war against lunatics and terrorists, not against Islam. Updates of the character, I and many other written so many, it has been clichés in a progressively terrorist packed everyday

I'm tired of clichés and platitudes. It is important that we step into character as a civilized society and goes a step further

Responses to my brief update did not fail. There was plenty of support, but also the opposite. Most interesting were the reactions of people with Muslim names, and it went from the total disclaimer - 'it has nothing to do with Islam, "" he is not a Muslim', 'this is a wrong reading of the Koran, "etc.. - For perfidious comments about my person, which includes the usual words like 'whore', 'traitor' and 'infidels

Examples exhibits with sad accuracy why Islam is in deep crisis. And they demonstrate comment for comment that moderate Muslims have a huge responsibility for the European countries continued production of Islamists

Why all this simpleton good understanding of Islamist terrorism? Why is Islam protected whenever committed terror in France, Denmark or Bangladesh? Do we hear an outcry over the defense of Islam, coming by reflex?

But it is convenient not to take a stand and say that it has nothing to do with Islam. It aggravates the only problem. As my colleague Majid Nawaz from Muslim Reform Movement has said in connection with the Nice terror:

"People say already that the Nice terrorist were not believers. Please stop. The good intentions about Muslims only makes the problem worse. It's just as bad as saying that it has "everything" to do with Islam. (...) This "something" to do with Islam. "

When you read my Facebook comment tracks, Islam apparently has to be
spared at any cost. It is almost a motto of some. Therefore, one would rather smear people like me rather than to distance themselves from terrorists. And it refuses to introspect and realize that Islam has some problems that only moderate Muslims can overcome. It must come from ourselves. But when did you last hear the same people call a terrorist for 'whore', 'traitor' or 'infidel'?

The key is the recognition that an internal problem is not the same as saying that all Muslims are terrorists. Unfortunately, terrorists are often Islamists."

The article or his debate was longer, but I thought this was enough

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-16, 04:54 PM   #1457
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Axe attack in Germany. Authorities have not identified the attacker or motive so of course its not terrorism. Kinda like the MS804 say nothing and hope it goes away.
Old 07-18-16, 07:13 PM   #1458
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Young man from Afghanistan who came here without parents, asylum seeker, should have shouted "Allahu Akhbar" during the attack with axe and knives in a train. He then fled, a SWAT team of the police that was nearby by random chance went after him. When he attacked them too, they shot him.

Damn, now everybody will yell again at us that we have not granted him asylum much earlier.

Three people majorily injured, at least one is fighting for his life.

Once again, its a deed not committed by a Buddhist. Arrogant bastards they are - do they think they are something special or why do they never do their share in things like this ? The world is tired of Buddhists doing nothing but boring us - but even that not to death.

P.S. Not three but four injured.
Old 07-18-16, 07:27 PM   #1459
Skybird
Soaring

The Afghan man was 17 year old, had no parents with him, and lived with a German foster family since two weeks.

Maybe its genetic?
Old 07-18-16, 07:31 PM   #1460
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-16, 07:38 PM   #1461
Skybird
Soaring

One would have assumed your endless relativising has been gloating enough already.
Old 07-18-16, 07:43 PM   #1462
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
One would have assumed your endless relativising has been gloating enough already.
Quote:
GLOAT:
dwell on one's own success or another's misfortune with smugness or malignant pleasure.
When have I gloated over a terrorist attack?

I take no pleasure from terrorist attacks
I take no pleasure from the backlash against ethnic and religious groups following these attacks
I take no pleasure from coming onto forums and seeing hatred and division spread following these attacks
I take no pleasure from the little jibes or the accusations of being 'PC' because I refuse to tow the party line on Muslims being the problem
I take no pleasure from knowing that the endless cycle of hatred breeding hatred is spreading through the west and doing exactly to us what the terrorists want it to
I take no pleasure from knowing that there probably will be a war against Islam in the future, and that it will be our downfall, because we played the game exactly how the terrorists wanted us to

So tell me, why do I gloat?

Last edited by Oberon; 07-18-16 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-18-16, 09:02 PM   #1463
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Me thinks someone might be taking this a bit too personnal. Please keep in mind this isnt about you.
Old 07-18-16, 09:52 PM   #1464
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Me thinks someone might be taking this a bit too personnal. Please keep in mind this isnt about you.
Perhaps, perhaps, but sometimes it's hard to tell.

Anyway, I should stop posting, I keep telling myself not to let myself get dragged in but...

Old 07-18-16, 10:11 PM   #1465
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Anyway, I should stop posting, I keep telling myself not to let myself get dragged in but...

You said 2-3 times by now you'd stay out of this.
Not sure what pulls you back in if you never have anything of value to say anyways and rather just bitch about all the evil Islamophobes and their stupid facts, while not bringing anything of value to the table yourself.

This is not how it works!
Old 07-18-16, 10:37 PM   #1466
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
You said 2-3 times by now you'd stay out of this.
Not sure what pulls you back in if you never have anything of value to say anyways and rather just bitch about all the evil Islamophobes and their stupid facts, while not bringing anything of value to the table yourself.

This is not how it works!
k
Old 07-18-16, 10:52 PM   #1467
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

let's just pretend people like Angela Merkel know what they're doing and all critics of the current program are right wing smug gloating xenophobes. It's worked out so well.
Old 07-19-16, 04:32 AM   #1468
Skybird
Soaring

The Afghan had an IS flag.
Old 07-19-16, 05:20 AM   #1469
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Terrorism is terrorism. Of course the likelihood of assults rise with the immigration of foreigners of countries suffering from war and terrorism, but you cannot fight terrorism with war.

War can only been waged against countries, now what did the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq exactly do? You invade a country, then you occupy it, you destroy the economy, then you call back the troops or not (it does not really matter), but the terrorists are still there or moved to other countries.
There can be no open war against terrorism, only secret service work and clandestine action beforehand.

The only other weapon against terrorism is taking away the soil t. grows on. This means giving certain countries a chance, a working economy, education, money, goods to buy, better living conditions, and a chance for their children. This will take decades of course, but it is the only chance in the long run.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-16, 06:12 AM   #1470
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
The only other weapon against terrorism is taking away the soil t. grows on. This means giving certain countries a chance, a working economy, education, money, goods to buy, better living conditions, and a chance for their children. This will take decades of course, but it is the only chance in the long run.
That sounds awfully a lot like something that needs 5 times the attention span of an average voter.
Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
terrorism