Closed Thread

Old 02-06-17, 04:55 PM   #1426
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Climate change must be one of those terrorist attacks that the media isn't reporting on. Like that Bowling Green Massacre.
I just saw that article Oberon, I couldn't believe Trump said that!

"President Trump on Monday said that news outlets are covering up terrorist attacks without citing any evidence that supports that claim. He made the comment in a speech to U.S. servicemembers at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida after receiving a briefing and eating lunch with troops.

The president began talking about how “radical Islamic terrorists are determined to strike our homeland” as they did on 9/11, in the Boston bombings and in San Bernardino. He said it’s also happening “all over Europe” like in Paris and Nice.

“It’s gotten to a point where it’s not even being reported. In many cases, the very, very dishonest press doesn’t want to report it. They have their reasons and you understand that,” Mr. Trump said.

There is no evidence that any media outlet is covering up terrorist attacks".

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...36U?li=BBnb7Kz

Al Capone
Old 02-06-17, 04:58 PM   #1427
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
No, it's mockery.
Sounds like racism to me.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 02-06-17, 05:00 PM   #1428
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Tak, I handle natural disasters with/for FEMA. I have not worked a major hurricane in over 2 years. The last was a typhoon I worked was in Pago Pago. We have had a few brushes of normal weather activity during the hurricane season. I see you posted what looks to be fire. I'm not sure how that is associated with global warming. I see a picture of the Jersey shore after Sandy. Been sometime since we have seen a storm like Sandy. Another picture of natural occurring flooding. There is no more or less flooding across the US that I'm aware of. These really do not drive the point home of the earth warming. Working with FEMA for 13 years, it has been very quiet in the Atlantic. The predicted numerous storms from years ago never materialized. Melting ice caps do are a good indicator.
In order, the pictures are of (1) California wildfires from this past season, (2) the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, (3) the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, and (4) the tornado supercell that ravaged Georgia on January 22nd. That's this year.

Weather is getting worse. You can deny it if you'd like, but the science is against you. I don't expect it to change any minds in the bubble.
Old 02-06-17, 05:03 PM   #1429
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Sounds like racism to me.
Again, it's mockery, and obvious mockery at that. It is specifically directed toward those of you that feel your country is under attack from scary brown people and that protestors are being funded by the "global elites" and George Soros, which of course is white supremacist code-speak for the Jews.
Old 02-06-17, 05:10 PM   #1430
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Climate change is an issue, I don't think anyone will contest that.

The only real question is at what rate and what should be done about it?

However, "Climate change" is now of these dogmas that you are not allowed to even ask questions about without being branded a "Luddite"....much like the Catholic Church during the Middle Ages.

There was an interesting article out last week that claimed that temperatures in 2016 were actually about the same as in 1998:

Quote:
Roy Spencer reports that the difference in satellite measurements between 2016 and 1998—the year of the last big El Nino warm cycle—is only 0.02C, within a 0.10C margin of error. Another satellite data set, RSS, confirms this result.

The comparison to 1998 is particularly important, because if the headline is that this year is not significantly hotter than temps 19 years ago, that take a lot of wind out of the “climate change” hysteria. It means we’re not seeing the runaway takeoff in global temperatures that the global warming theory predicted. As Judith Curry has been pointing out, recent temperatures are actually at or below the bottom range for all of the global warming predictions. That is the relevant context for this story, the failure of the data to match the theory, not some infinitesimal difference between this year and last.

Moreover, there is good reason to think that the margin of error in this temperature data is much larger than claimed. NASA and NOAA frequently “adjust” the temperature data to make up for changes in the way it is gathered. Somehow, when this happens, the data always adjusts to fit the theory, but the theory never adjusts to fit the data. The size of these adjustments is often larger that one tenth of one degree. But as Richard Lindzen puts it, “If you can adjust temperatures to two tenths of a degree, it means it wasn’t certain to two tenths of a degree.” So the margins of error are probably a good deal larger than advertised.

(...)

Speaking of which, you’ll notice that I just quoted Roy Spencer, Richard Lindzen, and Judith Curry. Who are these people, just some crazy bloggers? Enemies of science? Dr. Spencer is a former NASA climatologist and now a principal research scientist at UAH. Dr. Lindzen is emeritus Alfred P. Sloan professor of meteorology at the Department of Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences at MIT, and Judith Curry was, until her retirement just a few weeks ago, chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/27/...stand-numbers/
Old 02-06-17, 05:11 PM   #1431
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Again, it's mockery, and obvious mockery at that. It is specifically directed toward those of you that feel your country is under attack from scary brown people and that protestors are being funded by the "global elites" and George Soros, which of course is white supremacist code-speak for the Jews.
Oh is it now? Apparently drinking that Democrat koolaid has made you quite the expert on this (or at least believe it to be so). But I have to ask is George Soro's name official white supremacist Jew code speak or is it just something that you,... er I mean "they" made up on the spot?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 02-06-17, 05:13 PM   #1432
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Oh is it now? Apparently drinking that Democrat koolaid has made you quite the expert on this (or at least believe it to be so). But I have to ask is George Soro's name official white supremacist Jew code speak or is it just something that you,... er I mean "they" made up on the spot?
No, it's something I experienced first hand when white supremacists concerned citizens painted anti-Semitic graffiti on my garage and followed my children to school to take photos of them which they then mailed to us. It is why we're leaving the country.
Old 02-06-17, 05:15 PM   #1433
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I just set up this, becasue in the coming triumphant days of Trumpism we will need this a lot: I already mentioned narcissism, but another category is met by Trump's behaviour and acting as well: the Paranoid Personality Disorder.

Diagnostical and Statistical Manual DSM-V (5th revision) of the American Association of Psychiatrists, chapter 301.0 (equals chapter F60.0 in the WHO's own International Classification of Deseases ICD).

http://www.theravive.com/therapedia/...5-301.0-(F60.0)

Disclaimer: No, I am not about just taking cheap shots at Trump, like I was not when saying he is a narcissist ( - LINK - ). I am bloody serious: that guy is seriously ill and has a clinically relevant personality disorder. He will not change, an d he will not adapt, learn, or allow arguments or facts coming in his way.

I also increasingly get the impression that maybe he is abused by the queer crew of staff he has picked up. Some of those clerks to me are even worse than Trump himself. What a gang.

I claim the Americans have elected a mentally deranged patient into the White House. He belongs into an asylum instead. Malignant narcissism cannot be treated. Paranoia however can be tackled to certain degrees, if not curing it you can sometimes moderate it, ease it. Its complex and difficult, however, and Trump is old. Chances would be thin.

Patients may be ill, but this does not mean that illness cannot mean they are dangerous.

So much for "first 100 days".
Old 02-06-17, 05:18 PM   #1434
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Oh, nothing much other than....

.....and.....

....and also.....

.....and even this....

See, it's political because its effects cause widespread destruction, and the government gets involved picking up the pieces. Moreover, it is political because it is something that impacts every citizen of this world, including those in the United States. Sorry to tell you that Trump's wall won't be able to keep it out.
You act like you never seen the weather change it happens all the time,, what you haven't seen yet is the death of an entire Ocean and no wants to fess up on how too fix it, or talk about it, the media doesn't want to talk about you want to cry climate change so some stuffed shirt can line his pockets with your money,, enjoy your radiated seafood

http://thetruthwins.com/archives/fuk...-sea-creatures

http://search.myway.com/search/GGmai...=1486419243829
Old 02-06-17, 05:30 PM   #1435
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
You act like you never seen the weather change it happens all the time,, what you haven't seen yet is the death of an entire Ocean and no wants to fess up on how too fix it, or talk about it, the media doesn't want to talk about you want to cry climate change so some stuffed shirt can line his pockets with your money,, enjoy your radiated seafood

http://thetruthwins.com/archives/fuk...-sea-creatures

http://search.myway.com/search/GGmai...=1486419243829
Yubba, you're going to think I'm mocking you, but let me try to explain what happens with these conspiracy websites. They take stuff out of context, even while linking directly to the facts that contradict what is going on directly. The National Geographic article that your article cites is talking specifically about a recurring natural phenomenon that serves to feed large portions of the marine ecosystem. Here it is, if you didn't bother to click the link from your article.

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com...sea-creatures/

To further illustrate the the out-of-context, here is what your article quoted:

Quote:
In March 2012, less than one percent of the seafloor beneath Station M was covered in dead sea salps. By July 1, more than 98 percent of it was covered in the decomposing organisms, according to the study, published this week in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The major increase in activity of deep-sea life in 2011 and 2012 weren’t limited to Station M, though: Other ocean-research stations reported similar data. Although climate change is a leading contender for explaining the major increases in 2011 and 2012, Huffard says that these spikes could be part of a longer-term trend that scientists haven’t yet observed.
Here's the unaltered quote from National Geographic:

Quote:
Global warming may also be influencing the rhythm of sea snot explosions. For instance, warmer oceans may encourage the growth of more phytoplankton. The scientists observed the largest spikes in deep-sea productivity in 2011 and 2012, corresponding with massive phytoplankton blooms. (Also see “‘Sea Snot’ Explosion Caused by Gulf Oil Spill?”)
In March 2012, less than one percent of the seafloor beneath Station M was covered in dead sea salps. By July 1, more than 98 percent of it was covered in the decomposing organisms, according to the study, published this week in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
The major increase in activity of deep-sea life in 2011 and 2012 weren’t limited to Station M, though: Other ocean-research stations reported similar data.
Although climate change is a leading contender for explaining the major increases in 2011 and 2012, Huffard says that these spikes could be part of a longer-term trend that scientists haven’t yet observed.

Not only does it make no mention of or allusion to Fukushima, it specifically mentions global warming, which works against both your point and the article's.

Come on already.
Old 02-06-17, 05:36 PM   #1436
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Poland attacked Germany first. It was on the internet radio.
Old 02-06-17, 06:14 PM   #1437
yubba
Admiral

Quote:
Yubba, you're going to think I'm mocking you, but let me try to explain what happens with these . They take stuff out of context, even while linking directly to the facts that contradict what is going on directly. The National Geographic article that your article cites is talking specifically about a recurring natural phenomenon that serves to feed large portions of the marine ecosystem. Here it is, if you didn't bother to click the link from your article.

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com...sea-creatures/

To further illustrate the the out-of-context, here is what your article quoted:

Here's the unaltered quote from National Geographic:

Not only does it make no mention of or allusion to Fukushima, it specifically mentions global warming, which works against both your point and the article's.

Come on already.
Oh,, not at all,, might I extent the same concern to you,,, you shouldn't take the left leaning conspiracy websites or the mainstream media to heart,, with the conspiracies of the Russians hacking the Election,, or Trump lied and got his crownies to rig the electorial colledge ,, or the tea baggers are racist,, and it's the United States fault that the sea level is riseing or it was a video's fault.. No I'm more worried about your denial.
Old 02-06-17, 06:19 PM   #1438
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Quote:
Oh,, not at all,, might I extent the same concern to you,,, you shouldn't take the left leaning conspiracy websites
I don't frequent any conspiracy websites. The only things I see are the ones you post.

Quote:
or the mainstream media to heart,,
The mainstream media cites their sources.

Quote:
with the conspiracies of the Russians hacking the Election,,
That would be the FBI

Quote:
or Trump lied and got his crownies to rig the electorial colledge ,,
Never heard that one.

Quote:
or the tea baggers are racist,,
There were a lot of racists at those rallies.

Quote:
and it's the United States fault the sea level is riseing
It's everybody's fault. Doesn't mean we shouldn't do something about it.

Quote:
or it was a video's fault..
That doesn't make any sense.
Old 02-06-17, 06:43 PM   #1439
yubba
Admiral

Quote:
I don't frequent any conspiracy websites. The only things I see are the ones you post.

The mainstream media cites their sources.

That would be the FBI

Never heard that one.

There were a lot of racists at those rallies.

It's everybody's fault. Doesn't mean we shouldn't do something about it.

That doesn't make any sense.
you did site national geographic maybe you should up date your reading,, it seems they are in as much denial as you are.. and if there was any racist at a tea party event ,, they were probably a democrat plant to demonize the movement,,, but it does seem the democrat rioters don't need any help from us they seem to be doing a fine job on their own ..

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/se...a%20radiation&

Last edited by yubba; 02-06-17 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-06-17, 06:48 PM   #1440
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Quote:
you did site national geographic maybe you should up date your reading,, it seems they are in as much denial as you are..

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/se...a%20radiation&
The article that is linked by your link (why don't you just link the article directly?) also doesn't say anything to validate your claim about "dead oceans". Quite the opposite, in fact. From the article:

Quote:
“Wind, rain and salt spray has been pounding that material for more than a year,” Kathryn Higley, head of the Department of Nuclear Engineering & Radiation Health Physics at Oregon State University, told the Seattle paper. “Anything that was on there is going to have washed off to extremely low, if not undetectable levels.”
So, enough already.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter