SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-07-11, 04:18 PM   #1366
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

First wanna say that I cured the health regen issue that plagued Stalker community for yrs.I ca't remember exactly what it was but I do remember it being a stat in the main actor.dat file that was worded for health regen but actually had no effect in game at all.The modders tried and tried and got nowhere due to this decoy the devs left in that file.That said I think I ....quite easily fixed the dive times in SH.Seems that no mods have done realistic crash dive times and I would like to see HAHAD or any mod have it.

GWX has way off dive times.I am drinking some brewskis right now while testing so I may be a few secs off but this is what I gather.This is at flank and top speed of sub before I hit crash dive key....then I wait for the bell to ring and start timing.

IIA=25secs......IID=10.....IX=25....XXI=25

Should be

IIA=35secs......IID=25........IX=45...XXI=45

I am just posting this so maybe the HAHD team would like to add in real crash dive times to the subs.It could be left as is of course if realism is not really wanted or a simple change to the ballast setting
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 04:23 PM   #1367
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi mate,

Don't worry my friend it will be finish even if i have to put 10 bucks aside in 25 week i will have enough to get another lcd

Best regards Hans

My friend, i say this, because in our country nobody confident in tomorrow.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 11:59 PM   #1368
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Hi mate,

I think that is simply a matter of language barrier and we don't understand correctly because we deform English.

But i get the point and i understand what you mean so don't worry we will fix everything and everyone will be happy with the choice made

Best regards Hans

^^

....your last pm was very very clear ! ....''full ahead chief'' !

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
Rest assured that many do lend a hand when needed.
Privateer...you know that you are a little 'strange' (i am saying it with a good meaning...although it maybe seems as 'bad' ....i ensure you ..it is not) but i can clearly see now your intentions for helping at this effort (and not only at this). surely...your help is valuable and just want to thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
First wanna say that I cured the health regen issue that plagued Stalker community for yrs.I ca't remember exactly what it was but I do remember it being a stat in the main actor.dat file that was worded for health regen but actually had no effect in game at all.The modders tried and tried and got nowhere due to this decoy the devs left in that file.That said I think I ....quite easily fixed the dive times in SH.Seems that no mods have done realistic crash dive times and I would like to see HAHAD or any mod have it.

GWX has way off dive times.I am drinking some brewskis right now while testing so I may be a few secs off but this is what I gather.This is at flank and top speed of sub before I hit crash dive key....then I wait for the bell to ring and start timing.

Should be

I am just posting this so maybe the HAHD team would like to add in real crash dive times to the subs.It could be left as is of course if realism is not really wanted or a simple change to the ballast setting
....IID=25 seconds ?? really ?? seems it was very very 'fast' !!

@Wolfstriked: as this mod is focused on type ii boat ....sure info like this are in team's interest and yes will be considered for sure

@Reaper : your first attempt at ships ....is really really good mate !!!
when i am done with the gui ....i will try to learn all these stuff at 3d programs and give you a hand at ships . with Hans's so many step by step tutorials seems that i will manage to do this at the end !

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 05-08-11 at 12:25 AM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 05:47 AM   #1369
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post

....IID=25 seconds ?? really ?? seems it was very very 'fast' !!

@Wolfstriked: as this mod is focused on type ii boat ....sure info like this are in team's interest and yes will be considered for sure
Its very easy to change as its only the "ManBT_flood_speed" in the individual subs.sim file.I have read where people were trying to fix the dive times by playing with things like the bite of the dive planes.A Uboat though must be filled with water before anything happens as the dive planes are very small and only work when the sub is sinking.

Here is the TypeII stats.....sadly I have not found the other sub types to have such detailed chart.

Edit I will link to page instead as the chart loads wrong in this forum.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com
Old 05-08-11, 05:58 AM   #1370
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Quote:

Should be

Hi mate,

So far i didn't have time playing with the sub behavior and i don't know if diving time can be change but i have doubt about that because no one have mod this part of Sh3 to my knowledge.

I am very busy now at finalizing my interior with animated crew.

But when i will have time i will have a look at this.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 06:00 AM   #1371
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post

My friend, i say this, because in our country nobody confident in tomorrow.
Hi Anvart,

I know what it is because i am not confident in tomorrow either when everything seem to go perfectly there is always something lurking ahead that we don't want to know.

Best regards Hans

Old 05-08-11, 06:05 AM   #1372
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
^^

....your last pm was very very clear ! ....''full ahead chief'' !
Hi mate,

Glad we sorted out our language barrier i know it is not easy sometime to express our self correctly.

I am glad to see that you will attempt at ships but be warn it is an addictive and time consuming process but the reward is very gratifying at the end when you see your work in game

Also with your amazing graphic skills it would be just great to see it apply to ships

Just hope for you that you have a comprehensive wife or girlfriend

Best regards Hans

Old 05-08-11, 06:18 AM   #1373
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwieger View Post
Are there any plans for any update videos Hans?

Hi mate,

Surely there is, i am working like a mad man to finish the sub interior and this will make for a couple of movie to show all the new features.

Interior description :

-All sub compartment model
-High quality shadow pass and AO
-Animated engine
-Animated crew in different compartment
-Custom made new crew character
-Highly detail texture
-Animated torpedoes loading sequence
-New interior effects like water drop,water leak, smoke and fire in panels
-Interior flooding when taking damage

And more.

To make all that possible in Sh3 i had to made hours of optimizing and instancing parts one by one re using texture in original way and much more that i don't remember all.

Best regards Hans

Old 05-08-11, 06:25 AM   #1374
Rickster1
Chief

Downloads: 508

Thankyou for all your hard work and time, this mod sounds great
Rickster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 06:30 AM   #1375
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Cheers Hans for the 3D model addons, got them merged and textured onto my WIP Trawler. Looking great now
Suffered a setback - my Laptop PSU died (Ordered a new one) so have to re-download the relevant tutorials to continue working) so can't access the vids I downloaded.

Ready to start on the Ambient Occlusion pass once I get the tutorial downloads
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 06:37 AM   #1376
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Its very easy to change as its only the "ManBT_flood_speed" in the individual subs.sim file.I have read where people were trying to fix the dive times by playing with things like the bite of the dive planes.A Uboat though must be filled with water before anything happens as the dive planes are very small and only work when the sub is sinking.

Here is the TypeII stats.....sadly I have not found the other sub types to have such detailed chart.

Edit I will link to page instead as the chart loads wrong in this forum.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

Cheers Mate just took a look at it in the TypIIA sim file and the ballast flood speed is set at: ManBT_flood_speed = 6000.0

Will have a tinker at it and see what the effect are
Old 05-08-11, 06:44 AM   #1377
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Cheers Hans for the 3D model addons, got them merged and textured onto my WIP Trawler. Looking great now
Suffered a setback - my Laptop PSU died (Ordered a new one) so have to re-download the relevant tutorials to continue working) so can't access the vids I downloaded.

Ready to start on the Ambient Occlusion pass once I get the tutorial downloads
Hi mate,

Damn computer parts always dying on us when most needed

Also don't go crazy with the 3d parts on ships because you will need the tutorial for optimizing them when using more than one.

I mean that there is a technique i learn from privateer on instancing 3d parts so the engine will only have to load one object instead of all.

Same technique was used on Fletcher turrets, this tutorial will be a short one around 15 min showing how to do it in S3d editor.

Best regards Hans

Old 05-08-11, 07:10 AM   #1378
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 276

Quote:
Hi mate,

Surely there is, i am working like a mad man to finish the sub interior and this will make for a couple of movie to show all the new features.

Interior description :

-All sub compartment model
-High quality shadow pass and AO
-Animated engine
-Animated crew in different compartment
-Custom made new crew character
-Highly detail texture
-Animated torpedoes loading sequence
-New interior effects like water drop,water leak, smoke and fire in panels
-Interior flooding when taking damage

And more.

To make all that possible in Sh3 i had to made hours of optimizing and instancing parts one by one re using texture in original way and much more that i don't remember all.

Best regards Hans
Hi Hans,

Amazing news as always mate Looking forward to the new vids with baited breath Kaleun. Best wishes as always .

Regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 07:23 AM   #1379
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Hi mate,

So far i didn't have time playing with the sub behavior and i don't know if diving time can be change but i have doubt about that because no one have mod this part of Sh3 to my knowledge.

I am very busy now at finalizing my interior with animated crew.

But when i will have time i will have a look at this.

Best regards Hans
Hans,its so easy. Just test yourself with Silent Editor

Open up the NSS_Uboat2D.sim file

Then change the ballast tank setting from 9000 to 1000.

Its
Old 05-08-11, 08:23 AM   #1380
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Hi mate,

Damn computer parts always dying on us when most needed

Also don't go crazy with the 3d parts on ships because you will need the tutorial for optimizing them when using more than one.

I mean that there is a technique i learn from privateer on instancing 3d parts so the engine will only have to load one object instead of all.

Same technique was used on Fletcher turrets, this tutorial will be a short one around 15 min showing how to do it in S3d editor.

Best regards Hans
Cool, Can't wait for that tutorial Used the Tire 8 times so that will be needed so. Also used the Lifeboay - but deleted the nuts as no need for them at that scale .

Well Model is 99% complete now (Just need to texture the prop and rudder using your technique for animated texture parts) .

Well may as well show of some screen-shots of the Completed item
So with no furter ado (All due to Hans amazing Tutorials)

I give you the original Trawler: (As seen in Meusem)

And my First new and HAHD Improved Trawler: I Dedicate this to this wonderful Forum and to Neal and all the subsim moderators for all they do for the Subsim Community. May she sail the seven seas.

A little bit of an Improvment