SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-29-10, 05:45 PM   #1366
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbird View Post
I think the AOTD map is a collectors item nowadays!
I better put it back in the vault carefully!
Old 04-29-10, 05:51 PM   #1367
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbird View Post
I will send you a OK'ish resolution scan in a couple of days mate.

ah, I've seen a reference to KM map in the files....I'll have to see what it is now and investigate it
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 08:26 PM   #1368
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946

Sorry if this has been mentioned with 2.0 already, but when time compressing say 256 or higher ( Nav Map ), the message box expands.
Nothing serious, just have not noticed it before.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 08:38 PM   #1369
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet View Post
Sorry if this has been mentioned with 2.0 already, but when time compressing say 256 or higher ( Nav Map ), the message box expands.
Nothing serious, just have not noticed it before.
what do you have the option 'ShowMessageBoxAndExpandAtTCLevel=xx' set to? Did you adjust the values for this in game using the + - buttons on the single toggle side of the top right menu bar?

When you exceed the value of this then yes, the messagebox will expand and will also make itself visible. If you have the user option 'RestoreMessageBoxAfterTCLevel' set to True then the messagebox will go back to what it was before (maximized/minimized and visible/not visible)

can you show me a screenshot of your main HUD with the top right bar single toggles expanded (shown)?
Old 04-29-10, 08:49 PM   #1370
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
what do you have the option 'ShowMessageBoxAndExpandAtTCLevel=xx' set to? Did you adjust the values for this in game using the + - buttons on the single toggle side of the top right menu bar?

When you exceed the value of this then yes, the messagebox will expand and will also make itself visible. If you have the user option 'RestoreMessageBoxAfterTCLevel' set to True then the messagebox will go back to what it was before (maximized/minimized and visible/not visible)

can you show me a screenshot of your main HUD with the top right bar single toggles expanded (shown)?
Okay, got ya DW, nice option actually. Makes sense on it's functionality

Something I did not bother to do the first time was TC down, so I did not see the message box return to default when I did this. Instead during TC I just minimized it myself.

Back in the Day

Old 04-29-10, 08:58 PM   #1371
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Okay, got ya DW, nice option actually. Makes sense on it's functionality

Something I did not bother to do the first time was TC down, so I did not see the message box return to default when I did this. Instead during TC I just minimized it myself.
remember that you have the togglable icon for set TC 1 on new nav map contact located next to the TC icons on the top right bar also. If you exceed that user option for > TC show and expand messagebox and this option is set then the messagebox will return to expanded/minimized, hidden/shown also when a new nav map contact is added.

You can also set a new default minimum messagebox size by dragging the messagebox to the new size you want and clicking on the button located at the top right of the messagebox.
Old 04-29-10, 09:30 PM   #1372
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Quote:
remember that you have the togglable icon for set TC 1 on new nav map contact located next to the TC icons on the top right bar also. If you exceed that user option for > TC show and expand messagebox and this option is set then the messagebox will return to expanded/minimized, hidden/shown also when a new nav map contact is added.

You can also set a new default minimum messagebox size by dragging the messagebox to the new size you want and clicking on the button located at the top right of the messagebox.
I'll keep that in mind DW, thanks . Related to that, when I am in the Nav. Map, and am TCing, I will drop to 1, but do not see any contacts
on the map.

Back in the Day

Old 04-29-10, 09:38 PM   #1373
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I'll keep that in mind DW, thanks . Related to that, when I am in the Nav. Map, and am TCing, I will drop to 1, but do not see any contacts
on the map.
do you have the toggle TC 1 on new nav map contact enabled? Trying turning it to off and see what happens. If it doesn't do it anymore then you are getting a contact added to your nav map you just haven't found/seen it (it's there!)
Old 04-29-10, 09:40 PM   #1374
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Quote:
do you have the toggle TC 1 on new nav map contact enabled? Trying turning it to off and see what happens. If it doesn't do it anymore then you are getting a contact added to your nav map you just haven't found/seen it (it's there!)
Okay, I'll give that a go

Back in the Day

Old 04-29-10, 10:30 PM   #1375
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Quote:
Found when i had this turned off that I was no longer dropping down to 1 when contacts were in range of my sub, more like to 64. When on, I dropped down to 1, but it was for a contact radioed in hundreds of KM away. Anyway, struggling with this one a bit.

On another note I have Teleporting for a Crash Dive set to False. I like having to go through the hatch when things get a little hairy. Anyway, while on the bridget I teleported to the hydrophone, after I went there I then hit the go to periscope button and CTD. I am guessing because of the Crash Dive being set to False, so that whenever I wish to submerge, I need to to go through the hatch. Be it PD, a regular submerge or a Crash Dive.

Back in the Day

Old 04-29-10, 10:41 PM   #1376
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Found when i had this turned off that I was no longer dropping down to 1 when contacts were in range of my sub, more like to 64. When on, I dropped down to 1, but it was for a contact radioed in hundreds of KM away. Anyway, struggling with this one a bit.

On another note I have Teleporting for a Crash Dive set to False. I like having to go through the hatch when things get a little hairy. Anyway, while on the bridget I teleported to the hydrophone, after I went there I then hit the go to periscope button and CTD. I am guessing because of the Crash Dive being set to False, so that whenever I wish to submerge, I need to to go through the hatch. Be it PD, a regular submerge or a Crash Dive.
yes radio contacts will make you drop down to TC 1 if you have the toggle set for TC 1 on new nav map contact. If that toggle is set then ANY contact added to the nav map will drop you down to TC 1.

Go to periscope button....teleport to periscope? Crash dive being set to false has nothing to do with it. I'll try what you did and see what happens.
Old 04-29-10, 10:46 PM   #1377
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Quote:
yes radio contacts will make you drop down to TC 1 if you have the toggle set for TC 1 on new nav map contact. If that toggle is set then ANY contact added to the nav map will drop you down to TC 1.

Go to periscope button....teleport to periscope? Crash dive being set to false has nothing to do with it. I'll try what you did and see what happens.
Yeah, teleporting from the bridge to the Hydrophone, then hitting the Periscope Button I had a CTD. Actually I had this a couple of times tonight. The second time because I wanted to try and re-create the original CTD.

Back in the Day

Old 04-29-10, 10:50 PM   #1378
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Yeah, teleporting from the bridge to the Hydrophone, then hitting the Periscope Button I had a CTD. Actually I had this a couple of times tonight. The second time because I wanted to try and re-create the original CTD.
so you pressed the teleport to which periscope?
Old 04-29-10, 10:52 PM   #1379
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Quote:
so you pressed the teleport to which periscope?
Not the periscope, but down to the hydrophone station from the bridge. Once there I hit the submerge button, then the CTD happened.

Back in the Day

Old 04-30-10, 12:28 AM   #1380
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Not the periscope, but down to the hydrophone station from the bridge. Once there I hit the submerge button, then the CTD happened.
haven't been able to duplicate that. I've tried it over 10 times now.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui