Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-09-21, 01:06 PM   #1276
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Can you compare a simple Senator with a President ?

I thought there was some differences.

What has Biden done for USA throughout his political career compared to Trump's not so many years as politicians ?

Markus
What has Biden done?

1. Continued to throw away money on Amtrak.
2. Put more black people in prison.
3. Voted against regulating the credit card industry (they just happened to be his biggest donor).
4. Helped Coke and Pepsi skirt antitrust laws.
5. Opposed desegregation bussing.
6. Voted to cut social security.
7. Used his son's death for his own political gain.
8. Voted to overturn Glass-Steagall
9. Pedophile-esque kid-sniffing/touching behavior deserving of a beating by an angry father.

Want me to continue?

This guy was a scumbag even before entering congress - he cheated in law school by plagiarism - and continued to do it every since (which is why he dropped out of the 1988 race).
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 01:15 PM   #1277
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^ You don't have to as an outsider from another country I don't follow what your politicians do on daily basis.

I live after the Prime directive Not point fingers at politicians in another country. Not taking active part in the domestik discussion.

But can you compare a Senator with a President ?

Do you think he will continue where he left the Senate ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 01:41 PM   #1278
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
^ You don't have to as an outsider from another country I don't follow what your politicians do on daily basis.

I live after the Prime directive Not point fingers at politicians in another country. Not taking active part in the domestik discussion.

But can you compare a Senator with a President ?

Do you think he will continue where he left the Senate ?

Markus
He was vice president under Obama. His corruption continued then when he left the Senate. Now, I think it continues by his brother and son who engage in illegal influence-peddling on his name while he is too dementia-addled to even know where he is and what year it is.
Old 06-09-21, 01:54 PM   #1279
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Here I sit in front of my computer thinking.

Was the American so desperate in getting Trump out of the Oval Office that they picked anyone-in this case Joe Biden ?

I'm a little confuse, while our press, some of my friends almost worship Biden, the attitude here in our forums is quite the opposite, with a few exceptions.

Markus

Old 06-09-21, 03:06 PM   #1280
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Here I sit in front of my computer thinking.

Was the American so desperate in getting Trump out of the Oval Office that they picked anyone-in this case Joe Biden ?

I'm a little confuse, while our press, some of my friends almost worship Biden, the attitude here in our forums is quite the opposite, with a few exceptions.

Markus
I think that talk of stolen elections may be closer to truth than not, given Biden's dismal campaign performance prior to the election, coupled with "the lady doth protest too much" responses to calls for ballot audits. You would think that Democrats would have welcomed the opportunity to prove Trump supporters were eating in their claims of fraud. Instead, they fought tooth and nail to prevent it. Now, we see that officials from multiple other states are closely paying attention to Arizona's audits which are in process. I especially find it troubling that the Maricopa county (Arizona) Democrat party (a private entity) threatened to sue the state of Arizona (whose representatives were duly elected or appointed by Arizona voters) to try and prevent them from auditing the ballots.
Old 06-09-21, 03:22 PM   #1281
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

^ Interesting comment.

Couldn't it have been so that many of these Americans who voted Biden, usually don't vote, but they did it this time to get Trump out of the White House.
(There was also those-former non-voters who voted Trump)

Markus

Old 06-09-21, 03:40 PM   #1282
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Yes. All that sensible bamboo hunting and Italian satellite voting machine flipping. When do we get to leprechauns hiding in voting booths?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 04:37 AM   #1283
FireDragon76
Bosun

Downloads: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
You're confusing being careful with his speech with his being hidden away by wranglers to minimize the public seeing his dementia-riddled brain on full display. They're terrified of revealing his incapacity and there are former campaign workers who've attested to having picked up Alzheimer's medication under fake names while other staffers debated which adult diapers he should wear.

Most days, they call a lid on him before noon - it's well-documented that dementia sufferers are close to lucid in the mornings and their faculties decline as the day progresses. We have someone in the presidency who should instead have been committed to a long-term care facility. It was evident by his activities during the campaign and it is evident now.

I'll take a president who sends out mean tweets, while getting four peace deals between Israel and other countries done, gets Kim Jong Un to even come to a negotiating table, terrifies China's economy, and maintains low gas prices every day of the week. Instead we have a dementia sufferer in charge and an incompetent who slept her way to the top as his second in command. They can talk in pleasantries all they like, and all it does is embolden our enemies.

Even if he did have cognitive decline (which wouldn't be unusual for a man of his age), why should that matter? He has advisors around him and some of the best medical care around. We've had presidents with other disabilities before, in fact some of them were the best presidents we have ever had. Ageism and ableism don't exactly resonate with me, being a disabled American myself.

Adult diapers? That's even more low. As Buddha taught, all we have to look forward to is old age, sickness, and death. A little compassion puts those things in perspective. Biden was elected for his character and personality, not his physical prowess or even his ability to have clean underwear. Tinpot dictatorships may peddle in masculine youthful bravado, but the United States doesn't have to.

Biden made it clear he doesn't expect to seek a second term due to his age, people that voted for him knew that going in. He's an interim president to restore a sense of sanity during a crisis.
FireDragon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 04:52 AM   #1284
FireDragon76
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post

I like Beau he's a bit of a modern day Smedley Butler. Maybe he can reach some people who aren't exactly going to pick up the Washington Post or delve into Chomsky, because they aren't part of that "tribe".
Old 06-10-21, 06:03 AM   #1285
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragon76 View Post
Even if he did have cognitive decline (which wouldn't be unusual for a man of his age), why should that matter? He has advisors around him and some of the best medical care around. We've had presidents with other disabilities before, in fact some of them were the best presidents we have ever had. Ageism and ableism don't exactly resonate with me, being a disabled American myself.

Why should it matter? Because advisors are not on the ballot. People did not vote for nameless advisors. Nobody cares if you have a disability either, deal with it. Propping up a candidate who may not have the mental faculty to perform his duties is just another prime example of placing party before nation.

Would you let an alzhemiers patient drive your car? Hell no you wouldn't stop pretending running a nation is so much easier.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-10-21 at 06:35 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 06:44 AM   #1286
FireDragon76
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Why should it matter? Because advisors are not on the ballot. People did not vote for nameless advisors. Nobody cares if you have a disability either, deal with it. Propping up a candidate who may not have the mental faculty to perform his duties is just another prime example of placing party before nation.

Would you let an alzhemiers patient drive your car? Hell no you wouldn't stop pretending running a nation is so much easier.

I see no evidence Biden actually has alzheimer's. That's a diagnosis that can only be made at autopsy. All I see is normal aging.

The president doesn't "run a nation"- millions of individual Americans do that every day. The president does stuff like meets with people and listens to advisors. Just because you might have mild cognitive impairment doesn't mean you don't have a lifetime of experience and wisdom that counts for something, and those things don't disappear simply because of mild cognitive decline.

We also don't live in an autocracy where the President alone makes decisions without consulting with people with genuine expertise. We live in a modern nation state and complex society where deference to expertise is the norm, not the exception.

I suffered from mild cognitive impairment a few years ago. It turns out I had Vitamin D deficiency. That doesn't mean I was incapable of making decisions. I made the same sorts of gaffs that Biden does. Having MCI doesn't mean you become Forrest Gump.

This isn't about partisanship over country. The sort of xenophobia, pseudoscientific conspiracy theories and religious nationalism based on uninformed opinions that Trump peddled in was toxic and antithetical to the liberal democratic values and sound government that have become the norm in our nation and in other civilized western societies.
Old 06-10-21, 06:55 AM   #1287
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Biden was elected for his character and personality, not his physical prowess or even his ability to have clean underwear.
Biden, character and personality?, those three words must never be used in the same sentence, if you've got some Biden video footage displaying those two traits do us a favour and post it up.

From what I've seen of that old man stumbling around the USA like a brain dead zombie doesn't fill me with much confidence of his mental acumen. What the leaders of the world think of him we'll never know until their memoirs are published, I just hope they tell the truth about him, oh wait, truth and politicians, oh crikey, they shouldn't be in the same sentence either.
Old 06-10-21, 07:49 AM   #1288
FireDragon76
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Biden, character and personality?, those three words must never be used in the same sentence, if you've got some Biden video footage displaying those two traits do us a favour and post it up.

From what I've seen of that old man stumbling around the USA like a brain dead zombie doesn't fill me with much confidence of his mental acumen. What the leaders of the world think of him we'll never know until their memoirs are published, I just hope they tell the truth about him, oh wait, truth and politicians, oh crikey, they shouldn't be in the same sentence either.

Yes, Biden has character. He lost most of his family as a young congressman in a tragic car accident and had to pick up the pieces, but he kept working for his constituents. He lost his son Beau a few years ago to aggressive brain cancer. He has a great deal of empathy for people as a result. Tragedy met with resilience can build character. That is so much better than re-electing a man who sat out Vietnam because he had bone spurs and called decorated veterans and the fallen dead, chumps. That kind of attitude simply doesn't reflect my values, and I doubt it reflects most Americans values, either.
Old 06-10-21, 08:25 AM   #1289
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
We live in a modern nation state and complex society where deference to expertise is the norm, not the exception.
And therein lies the problem. I give you Mr. Fauci as exhibit 1, He's reversed himself so many times during this "pandemic" that he could probably get a refund from Cornell University.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 08:38 AM   #1290
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
That is so much better than re-electing a man who sat out Vietnam because he had bone spurs ...
Joe Biden received five draft deferments which kept him out of Viet Nam.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote