SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-12-07, 10:09 AM   #1261
Storabrun
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

This expansion is great. Thanks for all the time you have put into this! I thought I was finished with SH3 about a year ago when I completed the war with the original TGW supermod (died in 1942 and started a new career that lasted to the end of the war).

SH4 has been a disappointment so far in it's unfinished state, so I started looking back at SH3 and mods for that. GWX - yeah I already have greywolves I thought, but what about the X? Turns out to be almost like a new game, released long after i quit playing SH3 and with the latest patch just a month ago!

So far GWX seems to have exactly what I was missing in stock SH3. I laid in wait for operation Torch, Neptune and other invastions by sea only to find emtpy seas in SH3. I haven't got that far yet with GWX, but weserubung was a blast with one fleet carrier and a battleship sunk (I think it was Ark Royal and Rodney).

I have a couple of questions too.

1. I read about the optional mods for GWX, and installed some of them with JSGME. But I can't find the optional mods for no minefields (only for no friendly), and 24-hour fatigue. I don't care about the minefields, but I was considering using the 24-hour fatigue since the 8-hour one isn't working as described.

2. The 8-hour fatigue model. 8 hours seems just about right, but medals seem to work exactly like before. Iron Cross gives xp, germal cross in gold eliminates fatigue completely for me. Granted it's pretty nice to have a sonarman with that one (my only german cross so far), but is this working like you intended? My impression of the medals so far is that all of them are pretty useless, exept for the germal cross.

3. Random days in port. It's usually about 30 days and that seems fine, but once it was only 6 days and that seems way too short.
Storabrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-07, 12:03 PM   #1262
haegemon
Medic

Downloads: 12

I'm using the last update of GWX (1.3) with the last of SH3 commander and the "FILES FOR SH3 COMMANDER USERS" and I noticed, don't know if it's a bug from the original game cause never noticed before, that lights from lighthouses don't respect the opacity of the crew body's meshes.

Also, which is a minor problem and don't bother so much, that many names on the maps are placed in the water when zooming in. And a question, is it posible to edit the search paterns menu to add more paterns?

Thanks in advance.
haegemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-07, 12:16 PM   #1263
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
and I noticed, don't know if it's a bug from the original game cause never noticed before, that lights from lighthouses don't respect the opacity of the crew body's meshes.
It's a stock bug that nobody has been able to fix so far

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-07, 02:16 PM   #1264
haegemon
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:
and I noticed, don't know if it's a bug from the original game cause never noticed before, that lights from lighthouses don't respect the opacity of the crew body's meshes.
It's a stock bug that nobody has been able to fix so far

Ok, thanks....game developers never work so hard.
Old 05-12-07, 02:38 PM   #1265
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

It is fixable but it requires editing every 3d object. Lots of work for minimal gain.
Old 05-12-07, 04:41 PM   #1266
KrvKpt. Falke
Planesman

Downloads: 40

It's fixable?
Funny im almost sure i saw this problem in SH4 also (cant check this right now cause ive uninstalled SH4). [if im right then: why they didnt fixed it? ]
KrvKpt. Falke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-07, 04:48 PM   #1267
danlisa
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrvKpt. Falke
It's fixable?
Funny im almost sure i saw this problem in SH4 also (cant check this right now cause ive uninstalled SH4). [if im right then: why they didnt fixed it? ]
IIRC Anvart orignally corrected the issue with lights shining though the crew. As to why the SH4 Devs didn't correct it, your guess is as good as mine.
Old 05-12-07, 08:10 PM   #1268
haegemon
Medic

May are they using components from the sh3 game code....:hmm:

About if it's posible to add more patterns in the search patterns menu, someone?

EDIT: In the first mission a radio contact told me about a stationary friendly ship in the north, many days passed but the contact never washed out from the map. I believe it's a bug.

Last edited by haegemon; 05-13-07 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-13-07, 12:24 PM   #1269
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
IIRC Anvart orignally corrected the issue with lights shining though the crew.
That was called the 'Halo not visible through body' mod.

Quote:
In the first mission a radio contact told me about a stationary friendly ship in the north, many days passed but the contact never washed out from the map. I believe it's a bug.
Radio contacts are usually 'eye candy' to add an immersion factor to the game.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-07, 12:43 PM   #1270
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegemon

About if it's posible to add more patterns in the search patterns menu, someone?

EDIT: In the first mission a radio contact told me about a stationary friendly ship in the north, many days passed but the contact never washed out from the map. I believe it's a bug.
Not possible to add more search patterns but you can replace the 3 that are there already

Yes the single contact in Norway has been fixed for 1.04

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-07, 12:50 PM   #1271
haegemon
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Quote:
Originally Posted by haegemon

Not possible to add more search patterns but you can replace the 3 that are there already

Yes the single contact in Norway has been fixed for 1.04
Ok....
Old 05-13-07, 01:29 PM   #1272
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

To all the users of GWX I've started a blog for all and any GWX users at http://thegraywolves.blogspot.com/ . Feel free to post your pics!!
Kptlt. Neuerburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-07, 03:50 PM   #1273
poor sailor
XO

Downloads: 15

Maybe the question was before, but is there a chance to have a more voice in game, for example report sent when you send the message, or enemy radio message intercepted (I don't know, there is a sound file for this but I haven't yet in game this message)? Also I tried one sound file for new message received (with Enigma sound from Das Boot) but I don't have a sound in game when TC drop from 256 to 1, is the sound for new message available only if you in moment when message arrived in TC 1 or maybe I wrong in something?
poor sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-07, 04:46 PM   #1274
WilhelmSchulz.
The Old Man

Downloads: 17

Everytime I play GWX(1.03) and I die when I click abandon carear I CTD. It happens without fail.

WilhelmSchulz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 02:13 AM   #1275
danlisa
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor sailor
Maybe the question was before, but is there a chance to have a more voice in game, for example report sent when you send the message, or enemy radio message intercepted....
If memory serves, this has been asked before. I think it is only possible to change or edit exisiting entries. So if you wanted 'Report Sent' then you will have to loose something else. I think the only way to add more voice responses would be to have the SDK and edit the sound.dll file while creating more 'triggers' for the sounds to be activated. It is a shame as there are so many sound/voice files ready to be used (even in stock) that were never finished/activated by the SH3 Devs.