SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-24-09, 10:11 PM   #1246
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galanti View Post
Thanks Lurker, I spent the weekend U-boatifiyng a fresh install of SH4 and am eagerly anticipating a return to the Atlantic tonight.

I stumbled across a bit of minor bug in UBM you may be interested in knowing your keen eye for detail. You may have noticed the radio messages flimsy you get has the correct letterhead at the top for a U-bootwaffen campaign, but the From field in the message below still says 'COMSUBPAC'. The fix is in the data\menu\menu.txt file. Change item # 4193 to BDu or whatever is appropriate. Unfortuntely there's only the single value for both nationalities, but many of us are running multiple installs anyway.

As stated by Te Kaha, I don't change certain files ( menu.txt / menu_1024_768.ini ) how ever you may want to read the "optional mod' section in the first post and look at OM Plot v200
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-09, 02:02 AM   #1247
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Encountered the Pq 17 event in Norway, 1942 Very nice the scattering of the ships in all directions. I attacked the convoy when it was still under protection succeeding in sinking only two ships and damaging one more...Then I encountered the protection force and I fired 4 fishes at an american 9000-ton heavy cruiser ( I first mistaken it for an old refitted battleship scoring two hits and sinking her! Then the convoy was reported scatteringand I made a run and I managed to sink 4 ships with my last 5 torpedoes. It was the first time I triggered such an iportant event in sh4
very good! thank you for that wonderful mod

PS: I enabled Real Environment from w-clear and kriller2...It seems to work well...just enabling only the main body of it

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-09, 01:42 PM   #1248
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

linerkiller,

Not that I am a technical know it all when it comes to OMV700, but I also loaded RE and then OMV700 into my dedicated install.

I have only run a cursory single mission in the training school just to get an idea and feel for the sensors. The visuals are of course beautiful and the ocean is very realistic in its action.

It remains to be seen if it is compatible. I have yet to do an initial file compare.

Without Lurkers input and opinion again its buyer beware.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-09, 07:11 PM   #1249
Agiel7
Gunner

Downloads: 16

I applaud the attention to historical detail this mod has. Kudos !

At the beginning of the war, I hope to catch a battleship in Scapa Flow and manage to sink the Repulse. I head back to base thinking a 40,000 ton battlecruiser wasn't bad for a night's work. Even got the Knight's Cross for that.

Fastfoward to November, no more than two weeks after Prien made the actual raid into Scapa, I think to myself why not make a good start to this patrol and see if I can nab another major warship in Scapa. I approach through Holm Sound, wary of the blockships when...

*crash*

The sound of bulkheads screeching fill my ears as my boat comes to a complete halt and I think to myself: "Hey! What the hell?!"

I come up to the bridge and confirm that I didn't crash into a blockship. It was until I go to the free camera where I discover:

Anti-submarine nets

Again, kudos. The attention to detail rivals that of GWX and its awesome to see the desperate struggle of the Kriegsmarine recreated with today's extra-shiny graphics
Agiel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-09, 07:40 PM   #1250
rcjonessnp175
Weps

Downloads: 82

I concur this is an awesome mod, theirs nothing like playing a campaign u know ur going to lose and the desperation and and intensity of every torpedo hit knowing it may be ur last in the late years hahaha. Seriously very good mod, im trying to get the ultimate german sound mod for this going to try some sh3 sound mods and see what happens, i love the poul sound mod but has to much english in it so i just downloded the other version that was for gwx 2 see if she floats, oh and big credits go out to poul for awesome sound mods.

U modders rock

Jonesy

Ok guys heres what i have going i have spaxs awesome german speach mod installed and on top of that i have poul's poul sound mod for gwx 2... awesome im now in deutche sprechen heaven woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The mother ship,Coolermaster HAF, I7 intel overclock 4ghz, , 6gb mem, 5870 crossfire, soundblaster Xfi titanium , Oh and 52 inch samsung 750 120hz. 7.1 onkyo 1200 wattss system

Last edited by rcjonessnp175; 03-25-09 at 08:04 PM.
rcjonessnp175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-09, 04:25 AM   #1251
rcjonessnp175
Weps

Default Quick question lurker or anybody with answer

its says in your readme in regards to snorkels, that u can edit them or something or r they set for shift-x to raise the snorkel sorry for dumb question, when i comes to german uboots im used to gwx-3 that was all intergrated and such. Thanks in advance and lovin the mod.

Jonesy

The mother ship,Coolermaster HAF, I7 intel overclock 4ghz, , 6gb mem, 5870 crossfire, soundblaster Xfi titanium , Oh and 52 inch samsung 750 120hz. 7.1 onkyo 1200 wattss system
Old 03-27-09, 06:07 AM   #1252
markdenny
Sparky

Downloads: 216

Ive always found that by pressing 't' has always raised the snorkels on all my boats,hope that helps
markdenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-09, 06:12 AM   #1253
rcjonessnp175
Weps

sweet thanks brother

Old 03-28-09, 02:20 PM   #1254
TorpedoMo
Helmsman

Downloads: 107

Hi all!

Seems I need a little help.
Tried to run the OPMonsun-Mod today but couldn't find any changes in the game at all.

ModEnabler works, I checked that, other mods work fine.

It's fresh installed version of sh4, patched to 1.4.
When I enable OM 700, the menu looks like the stock version, no geman career to find, no german boats, nothing.

Is OM only running on 1.5? Couldn't find that.
But strange anyway that the game is running while the mod seem to be enabled but whith no changes.
TorpedoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-09, 02:52 PM   #1255
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoMo View Post
Hi all!

Seems I need a little help.
Tried to run the OPMonsun-Mod today but couldn't find any changes in the game at all.

ModEnabler works, I checked that, other mods work fine.

It's fresh installed version of sh4, patched to 1.4.
When I enable OM 700, the menu looks like the stock version, no geman career to find, no german boats, nothing.

Is OM only running on 1.5? Couldn't find that.
But strange anyway that the game is running while the mod seem to be enabled but whith no changes.

OM is for SH4 v1.5 "Only"
Old 03-28-09, 04:57 PM   #1256
TorpedoMo
Helmsman

Downloads: 107

Ok, thanks for that!
TorpedoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-09, 12:22 AM   #1257
ccruler
Nub

Downloads: 17

This has probably been answered before, but what's the key to raise and lower the snorkel, I can't find it anywhere in the F1 (help) and couldn't find the readme showing keys for Operation Monsoon either, please help, want to enjoy my Type XXI as best I can.
ccruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-09, 03:00 AM   #1258
Vikinger
Captain

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 6

Hi.

Just a little bug report

Iam trying to do a wake mod for most of the ships and during my testing i found a bug for the ship NTR= Troop Transport.

When ever i tryed to load that ship into a test mission using American rooster it emeditly started to sink by the stern. I tracked down the problem to the NTR.zon file that caused the problem and replaced it whit another previous file and then the problem was gone.

Im running severly mods but the OPM v700 + patch3 is the only mod that change this file.

Anyway, Thanks for a greate mod

Vikinger.
Old 04-05-09, 08:55 AM   #1259
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikinger View Post
Hi.

Just a little bug report

Iam trying to do a wake mod for most of the ships and during my testing i found a bug for the ship NTR= Troop Transport.

When ever i tryed to load that ship into a test mission using American rooster it emeditly started to sink by the stern. I tracked down the problem to the NTR.zon file that caused the problem and replaced it whit another previous file and then the problem was gone.

Im running severly mods but the OPM v700 + patch3 is the only mod that change this file.

Anyway, Thanks for a greate mod

Vikinger.
I just did a controlled this using OM v700+ OM v700 Patch 3 and I'm not able to recreate your problem

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 04-05-09 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-07-09, 05:05 AM   #1260
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccruler View Post
This has probably been answered before, but what's the key to raise and lower the snorkel, I can't find it anywhere in the F1 (help) and couldn't find the readme showing keys for Operation Monsoon either, please help, want to enjoy my Type XXI as best I can.
snorkels seem not to work anyway, Co2 will continue to build up, so you propably wont need this anyway, but this can be found in the beginning post:
Quote:
7.There are certain files I don't change because of mod compatibility. One of those files is command.cfg which controls the snorkel. You can make the following changes in the command.cfg to toggle the snorkel

[Cmd158]
Name=Toggle_snorkel
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x58,s,"SHIFT X"
As far as I understand the air-refreshment via snorkel is a serious problem noone managed to fix yet. Did it work in Stock SH1.5? never got to a XVIII before installing OM (which is gr8, btw., thx a lot)

Found couple of things that puzzled me, tho:

1. somehow i never have to spend reknown when upgrading crew/sub in port. Its all for free. this might have come up in this thread before, sorry for not reading the entire thing....
2. I have trouble knowing which nation i am allowed to attack. Ran into a convoy yesterday and managed to sink some freighters of several nations before the DDs even noticed. I got the message that i attacked a neutral nation (dunno which one, was 200m submerged), so i figure this is an issue and i would get negative reknown. Is there any way to implement a chart or something where you can look up the good and evil nations? Or at least remove neutral merchants from enemy convoys?
3. If I understand the cfg files right The stations depend heavily on mechanic-skill and almost nothing else. On fleet-boats the skills influencing the stations efficiency were very different (and more logical to some extent). Is this right this way?
4. The available seamen in port are very bad ones. A skillrating above 20 is a very rare occasion. Is this OMs "fault"? If so, what is the name of the file generating these seamen? I dont want "Ubersoldiers" but im used to keyskills of 30+ for good men and 40+ for excelent ones.
Sonicfire1981 is offline   Reply With Quote