Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-20, 09:31 AM   #12541
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Bad boy

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 02-27-20, 03:12 PM   #12542
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Good evening and 10 minutes into the Labour leadership debate and all I hear is Bojo bashing...

At last a good question about the nameless one losing the election...

LN - Bashed the nameless one a little bit and big brexit bashing.

KS - No bashing of the nameless one, brexit and overloaded manifesto were the problem.

RLB - Backed the nameless one to the hilt, we just were not clear enough.

Anti semite issue...

KS - seems to be firm on this one by putting it down to the leadership, new leader must be tough on this.

LN - Leadership failed Labour so did the shadow cabinet.

RLB - Concerned, not a word about you know who.

Economy question can Labour be trusted?

RLB - Manifesto good just failed to make ourselves clear, keep the election manifesto.

LN - The voters already made their minds up to vote tory, people must trust us.

KS - Economy is not working, Labour failed to get the trust of voters.

Distance from new labour and Blair

LN - Not one word about the Blair years.

RLB - We should look forward, brief word about Blair

KS - Praised the Blair years apart from the Iraq war.

Female leader...?

RLB - Without naming herself clearly stating I am the strong woman.

KS - More interested getting the country to back them again.

LN - Yes a mouthy forceful women to take on Boris.

Apart from this and that its almost over.

Well I was not impressed by any of them, they all sounded like washer women. None of them sounded like Prime Minister material and lame, so who will win? No idea and just don't really care but if push comes to shove Mr hairdo who spends a lot of time in the hair salon.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 02-27-20 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-28-20, 03:30 AM   #12543
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

"The big cost of Brexit for the EU is that it has distracted time, attention and political capital from addressing the real substantive challenges that the EU itself faces," says Mujtaba Rahman, managing director of the political consultancy Eurasia Group. "Brexit was a team-building exercise where the EU could demonstrate how united they were. But it was really something of a cover to disguise how little they agree on the bigger challenges facing the continent."

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/20/e...ntl/index.html

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-28-20, 05:43 AM   #12544
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

It was a wobbly start for the outsider in last night's leadership debate on Sky, but Lisa Nandy came back strong. While Long-Bailey and Starmer reeled off their well-rehearsed introductory speeches, Nandy was clearly unprepared and her head bobbed up and down as she constantly referred to the notes in front of her. Her poor start was soon vanquished as the audience began to deliver a series of awkward questions.

Starmer, who had delivered easily the most polished and confident opening speech, stuttered and stammered his way horribly through a couple of questions. Long-Bailey, now sporting a hairdo that made her look more like a character from Desperate Housewives than a potential political leader, had little impact throughout the debate. At one point she insulted the intelligence of northern Brexit voters, claiming they were mistaken in their 'belief' that Labour were trying to reverse Brexit. It was not a question of 'belief' dear, the facts were there for all to see! She later gave us an insight into her parenting skills - or lack of them. An elderly blind woman in the audience asked the candidates for examples of how she could interpret their personalities. Long-Bailey announced that she was a strong northern lass who didn't take any nonsense from anyone. In the very next sentence she referred to her little boy and how when he gets home from school she waits on him hand and foot, giving in to his every demand. Contradiction asides, what a horrible little twat he's going to grow up to be.

One third of the audience was made up of Labour members, another third Labour voters and a third former Labour voters. One of the Labour members got very up tight about anti-Semitism, denouncing the Chief Rabbi as a Tory and suggesting it was all a fantasy concocted by right wingers. At this point Nandy jumped in and took control of the situation. However, her assessment led to the most exciting exchange of the entire debate as a flustered Keir Starmer lost his cool. Sadly, even when he loses it he still comes across excruciatingly dull.

At the end of the debate presenter Sophy Ridge asked the audience to raise their hands as to who they thought had won the debate. A handful chose Starmer, a handful chose Long-Bailey. The overwhelming majority chose Nandy, the candidate widely expected to come a distant third in this epic contest. Most viewers will probably have agreed that none of them were particularly likeable or electable. The future's bleak for Labour, regardless of who wins.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 02-28-20, 05:56 AM   #12545
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
"The big cost of Brexit for the EU is that it has distracted time, attention and political capital from addressing the real substantive challenges that the EU itself faces," says Mujtaba Rahman, managing director of the political consultancy Eurasia Group. "Brexit was a team-building exercise where the EU could demonstrate how united they were. But it was really something of a cover to disguise how little they agree on the bigger challenges facing the continent."

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/20/e...ntl/index.html
A most interesting read was that and whilst I was unaware of much of what the article reckons is going on in the background nor am I surprised.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 02-29-20, 08:31 AM   #12546
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The top civil servant in the Home Office has resigned and said he intends to claim against the government for constructive dismissal.

Sir Philip Rutnam said there had been a "vicious and orchestrated" campaign against him in Home Secretary Priti Patel's office.

Reported tensions between the pair included claims she mistreated officials - which she has denied.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51687287
Obviously there is something wrong down in the halls of power atm

Jimbuna is online  
Old 02-29-20, 04:04 PM   #12547
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Yes there sure is and its called Brexit, elected ministers want it and the civil service mandarins don't. I wonder if Philip Rutnams resignation will send a message to these remoaners that the government will not tolerate anymore dissent from them.
Old 02-29-20, 05:08 PM   #12548
Catfish

^ But the "remoaners" are the majority, the old quitlings will be reminded of this in the next years.

Last edited by Catfish; 02-29-20 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-01-20, 08:14 AM   #12549
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Yes there sure is and its called Brexit, elected ministers want it and the civil service mandarins don't. I wonder if Philip Rutnams resignation will send a message to these remoaners that the government will not tolerate anymore dissent from them.
There may well be some truth in that....the tail has been wagging the dog for too long maybe.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-01-20, 08:17 AM   #12550
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

On a lighter note...

It is being reported that Boris girlfriend Carrie is expecting their first child.

I don't know where he got the time and energy from

Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-01-20, 10:34 AM   #12551
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Quote:
^ But the "remoaners" are the majority, the old quitlings will be reminded of this in the next years.

Gaurdian Opinion section Overdose?
Old 03-01-20, 10:51 AM   #12552
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Health Secretary Matt Hancock has defended Priti Patel as "courteous" following bullying claims made by the ex-top civil servant in her department.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51694413
Surprise surprise, Cabinet members closing ranks.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-01-20, 11:26 AM   #12553
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Fee-fi-fo-fum I smell the blood of a Europhile.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKBN1YH0B4

Yes the remoaners thought they had the numerical superiority to win it but they didn't have a battle plan did they, Swinson, Corbyn and Sturgeon were out-manouvered by Farage and Cummings whose sole intent and purpose was to get Brexit over and done with.

Remainers pfffft, all the polls said that those loud mouthed protesting remainers were the majority didn't they, and they even controlled parliament at one point, and yet they still bloody lost didn't they. There were no protest marches from the Brexiteers, oh no, we kept our mouths shut stayed silent and waited, its not them who shouts the loudest that win General Elections but those who go and do the actual deed and bloody vote that counts.
Old 03-01-20, 11:36 AM   #12554
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Fee-fi-fo-fum I smell the blood of a Europhile.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKBN1YH0B4

Yes the remoaners thought they had the numerical superiority to win it but they didn't have a battle plan did they, Swinson, Corbyn and Sturgeon were out-manouvered by Farage and Cummings whose sole intent and purpose was to get Brexit over and done with.

Remainers pfffft, all the polls said that those loud mouthed protesting remainers were the majority didn't they, and they even controlled parliament at one point, and yet they still bloody lost didn't they. There were no protest marches from the Brexiteers, oh no, we kept our mouths shut stayed silent and waited, its not them who shouts the loudest that win General Elections but those who go and do the actual deed and bloody vote that counts.
Indeed

Jimbuna is online  
Old 03-01-20, 01:02 PM   #12555
Catfish

Quote:
[...]
Yes, we can see how intelligent and modern the shining icons of brexit are, Farage, Dominic Cummings, Rees-Mogg, Ann Widdecobe and all those other forward-looking brexiters. As far as i remember Corbyn is also anti-Europe.

So you are a Europe-hater. It is not my intent to sow hate, the brexiters are already good enough at that. All i say is by all lies and 'battle plans' the remainers are still the majority. Question is if they behave, or if will they act like the brexiters.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics