Closed Thread

Old 02-17-20, 02:08 PM   #12496
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

When you Brits decide to spoil the EU's brew, you're really going after it, eh?
With a majority of over 80 seats it will soon be evident if the UK still has the fighting spirit it was once so famous for.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-18-20, 07:36 AM   #12497
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Weather where I live is cloudy and sunny with no flooding, meanwhile in the rest of the UK its a different story. Bozo, I think you need to get your skates on, or should that be wellies, oh yeh and you'll need some canoes as well.

Give it some welly
THE Prime Minister is in danger of misjudging the public mood.
Whole communities are under water for the second time in months. But Boris Johnson is nowhere to be seen.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/109845...o-elected-you/

WHERE THE FLOODY HELL IS BORIS? Angry residents blast Boris Johnson for refusing to visit flooded communities ravaged by Storm Dennis
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/109839...flood-victims/

BRITAIN is facing a "national emergency" as ten "danger to life" flood warnings are put out after Storm Dennis - with four inches of rain set to batter already sodden areas.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/109851...-storm-dennis/

Bozo you couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.
Old 02-18-20, 08:06 AM   #12498
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

I am with Psycho Dominic on this one, I agree scrap the bloody BBC BLACKMAIL FEE.

Quote:
Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings ‘split over scrapping BBC licence fee

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...-scrapping-bbc
Bojo is a coward and probably get on all fours begging the BBC for mercy and will back the blackmail fee.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 02-18-20, 09:00 AM   #12499
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ similar situation here, the "publicly legal" broadcasters are under attack because they are financed by a certain broadcast tax not all are willing to pay.
But i do not agree with you here.

In the age of netflix and fox news and more private broadcasters created out of nowhere being financed by advertisements or paid-for bias (propaganda serving some certain rich tycoons) people prefer the media circus, not well-researched reports.

The public tax-fed broadcasters are independent, and that is what is sorely missing meanwhile, everywhere.
Certain broadcasters rather create hate than news. I say screw them.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-18-20, 02:54 PM   #12500
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ similar situation here, the "publicly legal" broadcasters are under attack because they are financed by a certain broadcast tax not all are willing to pay.

In the age of netflix and fox news and more private broadcasters created out of nowhere being financed by advertisements or paid-for bias (propaganda serving some certain rich tycoons) people prefer the media circus, not well-researched reports.

The public tax-fed broadcasters are independent, and that is what is sorely missing meanwhile, everywhere.
Certain broadcasters rather create hate than news. I say screw them.
In most cases, yes.

Old 02-18-20, 02:56 PM   #12501
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The UK cannot have the same trade deal with the EU as Canada, according to the bloc's chief negotiator.

Michel Barnier said the EU was ready to offer an "ambitious partnership" with the UK post-Brexit, but its "particular proximity" meant it would be different.

It comes after the UK's chief negotiator, David Frost, made a speech in Brussels calling for a "Canada-Free Trade Agreement-type relationship".

The two sides are due to start negotiations next month.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51549662
Interesting/tough negotiations ahead I reckon.

Old 02-18-20, 03:40 PM   #12502
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
'.
The public tax-fed |broadcasters are independent,
What Dope are You on? Have you ever checked the Board of directors of the ARD and ZDF ? Loyal Party soldiers and Church representatives are in the deciding majority. Ist why both channels are loyal Propaganda platforms. Voices not complying with the wanted canon, get mobbed out. Happens every couple of months or years. Even the phrasing of Heute and Tagesschau offen reminds of that in the Aktuelle Kamera.

There is a reason why I dont watch both channels' News Programs since years. Its awful.
Old 02-18-20, 05:10 PM   #12503
Catfish

I am not sure whether polarising, destabilising and hate-generating channels should be so much better For the time being i would prefer this and the BBC, before Fox news, The Sun or something like this.
I think the BBC has quite some professional film makers and researchers, add this to Reuters and some other channels for a good representative cross section.
I am not looking forward to a "Die Linke" or "AfD" news portal, even if a majority would watch and believe it.

Old 02-18-20, 06:48 PM   #12504
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Screw the BBC i am sick of their damn identity politics rot worming its way into almost everything. Politically neutral BBC that is a stinking rotten lie by the BBC. Scrap their blood money rip off licence fee and make them sink or swim in the open market. BBC is losing viewers wonder why, viewers sick of their agenda could be.

Man up Boris and do what is right scrap the blood money fee.

Just to add thousands of pensioners are going to get the BBC blood money hit this June as the BBC demands them to cough up or face possible going to prison, how nice of the Bloated Bias Crap.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 02-19-20 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-19-20, 05:59 AM   #12505
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Interesting/tough negotiations ahead I reckon.
Interesting article and especially this point:

Quote:
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has put a deadline of 31 December on agreeing a plan, saying he will not extend the transition period beyond then.
Mr. Johnson's deadline is unrealistic because it does not comsider time required for ratification process. Canada (CETA) type trade agreement must be approced by the European Parliament and ratified by most if not all member states before it becomes effective.

In practice if the UK does not want extension to it's transition period, trade agreement must be finalized by end of June to allow sufficient time for ratification process. This practical issue is reason why deadline for the UK's extension request is set into July and not in November for example.

If negotiations start at March this means only four (4) months for negotiations. I don't see how the Uk and the EU could reach an agreement in just four months when similar agreement with Canada took seven years (or 84 months) and the EU is not willing to give such agreement.
Old 02-19-20, 09:03 AM   #12506
Catfish

a bit ot and from january, opinion printed in the New York Times:

"Boris Johnson Might Break Up the U.K. That’s a Good Thing."
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/10/o...n-ireland.html

Old 02-19-20, 01:13 PM   #12507
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Low-skilled workers would not get visas under post-Brexit immigration plans unveiled by the government.

It is urging employers to "move away" from relying on "cheap labour" from Europe and invest in retaining staff and developing automation technology.

The Home Office said EU and non-EU citizens coming to the UK would be treated equally after UK-EU free movement ends on 31 December.

Labour said a "hostile environment" would make it hard to attract workers.

But Home Secretary Priti Patel told BBC Breakfast the government wanted to "encourage people with the right talent" and "reduce the levels of people coming to the UK with low skills".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51550421
One of the early consequences of Brexit and one that the majority of Brits will support I suspect.

Old 02-19-20, 01:14 PM   #12508
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznyi_oktjabr View Post
Interesting article and especially this point:

Mr. Johnson's deadline is unrealistic because it does not comsider time required for ratification process. Canada (CETA) type trade agreement must be approced by the European Parliament and ratified by most if not all member states before it becomes effective.

In practice if the UK does not want extension to it's transition period, trade agreement must be finalized by end of June to allow sufficient time for ratification process. This practical issue is reason why deadline for the UK's extension request is set into July and not in November for example.

If negotiations start at March this means only four (4) months for negotiations. I don't see how the Uk and the EU could reach an agreement in just four months when similar agreement with Canada took seven years (or 84 months) and the EU is not willing to give such agreement.
I'm hoping enough will be agreed by the deadline to allow both sides to agree some kind of extension.

Old 02-20-20, 02:31 PM   #12509
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Jeremy Corbyn has said he would consider serving in the shadow cabinet if offered a job by his successor as Labour leader.

One of the candidates, Rebecca Long-Bailey, has said she would offer Mr Corbyn a place in her team if she wins the contest to replace him.

Asked whether he would accept a role, he said he was "happy to serve the party in any capacity".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51576706
This would add another decade of Labour in opposition.

Old 02-20-20, 02:41 PM   #12510
STEED
Lucky Jack

Icon12

What a rip off, just shows even the Green Party are a bunch of crooks.

Quote:
Caroline Lucas: Green MP investigated over £150 parliament tour offer

https://news.sky.com/story/caroline-...offer-11937995

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics