Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-14-10, 11:41 PM   #1216
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
I use FRAPS ($37, though there's a free version you can get 30 second clips with) to record. It's easy to use, made by great guys, and pretty cheap.

Once recorded as a billion gigabyte avi file, I pull it into Windows Live Movie Maker (the new version of Windows Movie Maker) to save it as a WMV file (a loooot smaller). That program also includes a YouTube button that'll save your file and upload it to your YouTube account with a single button press. It can also do effects and captions and stuff.

Not the best programs really, but cheap and easy. A lot of people use Adobe Premiere ($80 for the low end version, $800 for the real thing) or other professional grade software.
Thank you so much. Now I know what I'm getting into. Wonderful help, thank you Sir.

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 02:41 AM   #1217
darkstar
Swabbie

Downloads: 70
Default Norway invasion

The illusive HMS QE

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 02:57 AM   #1218
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default Gunfighter

[QUOTE=Gunfighter;1388161]@ IGD Now then as to what is a Geordie Cowboy ? "Geordie" is a name given to the people who live in the North East of England,Mostly in and around Newcastle Upon Tyne My Home Town, I belive it comes from the Kings Men (King George the ??)Geordes Men Who fought for and with him. Which became Geordie's.and the people are the most welcoming people you could meet we have a reputation of being Hard (because we eat are young)but were great people really.And Newcastle was Voted as one of the best towns IN THE WORLD to have a night out it Rocks on a Sat night. And Cowboy is Because I am a Country Music Fan and Love anything OLD WEST and American Civil War I help run a Country Music Club "The Gunfighters" hense my Forum Name
@Task Force,fw66 you got it right. @ IGD try "Geordie" in google plenty to read there and Thank You for your interest. I think your in the US so you know all about Cowboys[QUOTE]

Just saw your message. Thanks for the enlightening response. I would not have figured it out. I makes sense now. My new computer will be here soon, and I will be loading TMO 1.9 and heading to see. Let's hook up for an online mission and sink some ships.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 10:02 PM   #1219
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Some pics I had in my pictures folder.
Old 05-15-10, 10:40 PM   #1220
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 11:36 PM   #1221
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

... He must be Bernard!
Old 05-16-10, 07:20 AM   #1222
convoy hunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post
... He must be Bernard!
he sure is
convoy hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-10, 08:14 AM   #1223
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-10, 03:50 PM   #1224
Swat
中国水兵

Downloads: 224

7thSeal: Just fantastic sir.

First Patrol Of U-21 Part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBqInzBaGc
First Patrol Of U-21 Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqyTaomDjM
Swat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 07:28 AM   #1225
darkstar
Swabbie

Downloads: 70

that looks like a drag race...who won?
darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 08:20 AM   #1226
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Here are few screens from my latest adventure, the best moments I had in SH5 since I play the game and the patch was launched. After a refit, headed out to sea for hunting and soon I encountered the biggest storm I ever saw in a game, like the one from Das Boot, with huge waves, fog, loud thunders and all the goodies.

Fighting my way through the storm I encountered a convoy, but I was not able to get in visual contact because the heavy fog so I was about to abort tracking when sudden I got this:

Somehow this DD tracked me down and he was hunting me on full speed. Had to crash dive and go deep to save my ass. Later on I found Thomsen and formed a small wolfpack:

I was really curios about the sub AI, so I followed the guy for few hours. Right when I was about to break up, "we" found a heavy task force with this beauty in the middle:

The AI sub was first to dive and he sailed with full speed at 50 m getting out of the convoy path using evasive maneuvers. I'm not sure why he decided to avoid the task force instead of attacking it.. maybe he was out of ammo Anyway, I set my boat into position and set lock on the battleship. Sadly I had to abort as she was sailing with 33knots, a bit too fast for my torpedoes :P In the mean time, the AI sub got far in the rear of the task force and she .. surfaced. I think the captain or the crew was drunk because they kept sailing on surface with full speed. In just few seconds ...

I felt very sorry for him, but had no time to mourn his death because when I turned my scope back to the battleship, just few meters in front of me was a very mad DD sailing with full steam toward me. Had to crash dive again and zig-zag silent for a long time. After all the noises calmed down and the sonar guy had no contact on map, I surfaced. Now guess what.. I surfaced right behind a silent DD who was listening and waiting for me. Just to keep it short.. I had hard time to escape and I was badly damaged, with 18% hull integrity.

So I set course back to base for repairs. But on the way back home, I encountered a brit sub and I took my chances to have a dogfight with her. I got very lucky and 1 of my fish got her in the stern when she did a hard turn. She surfaced for few moment, then she sunk.

I surfaced too and I headed with full speed toward her to make a nice screen shot, but when I was about to sail above her.. with the last energy left she surfaced his bow in a last attempt to ram me:

Sorry for this long post, but I have to say that is the first time since I play SH5 and had tons of fun. Since patch, SH5 AI is improved and finally is fun to play it. There are still bugs and glitches, but nothing that serious. So that's why I would rate it now at 7.5-8/10 Few more pacthes and mods and will become an awesome game/sim.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 09:33 AM   #1227
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Great pictures, Magnum, and great report!
Old 05-17-10, 10:11 AM   #1228
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Ow.. forgot this. Passing near Scapa on the way back home, got a LOT of this:

So yeah, planes attack, but only bombers.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 04:38 PM   #1229
robbo180265
Admiral

Downloads: 126

Magnum - what an awesome story, and great shots too.

That's the kind of patrol reports this game needs
robbo180265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 05:41 PM   #1230
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote