SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-08, 09:29 PM   #1216
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenjen
Having trouble completing the "patrol Japan - Luzon Straights - Singapore shipping route". No new icon showed up to let me know where to go & the log shows "incomplete" regardless of how long I stay at the last completed areas icon, which is aprox. 250 miles s.w. of Okinawa....smack in the middle of the said shipping routes I'm supposed to be patrolling ironically. I know about the 150 miles of the icon thing, I draw a mark with the compass to be sure I'm in it - any idea what's going on here?

My mods are NSM4 lite, ROW PE, ROW high res seafoam, RFB, RSRD all current versions & patches on SH4 V1.5
Require the following info

Start date
Current mission date
Currently HomeBase / Task Force
Current Class of Sub
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 11:24 PM   #1217
Brenjen
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Having trouble completing the "patrol Japan - Luzon Straights - Singapore shipping route". No new icon showed up to let me know where to go & the log shows "incomplete" regardless of how long I stay at the last completed areas icon, which is aprox. 250 miles s.w. of Okinawa....smack in the middle of the said shipping routes I'm supposed to be patrolling ironically. I know about the 150 miles of the icon thing, I draw a mark with the compass to be sure I'm in it - any idea what's going on here?

My mods are NSM4 lite, ROW PE, ROW high res seafoam, RFB, RSRD all current versions & patches on SH4 V1.5

Start date
Current mission date
Current Class of Sub
Not sure of all that, I ended the mission at Pearl already & cleaned out the cluttered saved games folder. I have no clue what the triggers are; I guess I need to study a read me or a faq that I somehow have missed. If it happens again I will give mission specifics with dates etc. & post back.
Brenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 02:53 PM   #1218
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Default Missing Ammo

I noticed on my first patrol with my present command that my deck gun (3"/50 bow mount) that I have no Armor Piercing ammo, and only 180 rounds of HE rounds. All early commands in the past (including S-Boats) included both types of ammo of 180 rounds EACH.

I'm not sure which MOD changed my loadout, or maybe the Sargo-class only carried HE rounds. What gives? I'll leave this same message on the Trigger Maru board.

SH 1.5
MODS:
TriggerMaru_Overhaul_152
TMO_Enable_Uboat_ver3
TMO_SBoat_engine_Patch
RSRDC_TMOv15_V371
RSRDC_V371_Patch10

Command: USS Sealion (SS-195) (Sargo-class)
Assignment: Dec 7, 1941, Asiatic Fleet
Present Patrol: Makasaar Straits, May 1942

Some interesting tidbits about the USS Sealion:
ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Sealion_(SS-195)

Following shakedown, Sealion, assigned to Submarine Division 17 (SubDiv 17), prepared for overseas deployment. In the spring of 1940, she sailed, with her division for the Philippine Islands, arriving at Cavite in the fall to commence operations as a unit of the Asiatic Fleet. Into October of 1941, she ranged from Luzon into the Sulu Archipelago, then, with another submarine of her division, now SubDiv 202, she prepared for a regular overhaul at the Cavite Navy Yard. By 8 December (7 December east of the International Date Line), her yard period had begun; and, two days later, she took two direct hits in the Japanese air raid which demolished the navy yard.
The first bomb struck the after end of her conning tower and exploded outside the hull, over the control room. The second smashed through a main ballast tank and the pressure hull to explode in the after engine room, killing the four men then working there. In addition 1 crewman died while a POW.
Sealion flooded immediately and settled down by the stern with 40% of her main deck underwater and a 15 degree list to starboard. The destruction of the navy yard made repairs impossible, and she was ordered destroyed. All salvageable equipment was taken off, depth charges were placed inside, and, on 25 December, the explosives were set off to prevent her from being made useful to the enemy.

Old 08-25-08, 03:51 PM   #1219
Brenjen
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 44

Quote:
Quote:

Start date
Current mission date
Current Class of Sub
Just thought I'd update; I started a new career & it looked like it might be happening again, I went to a port outside the 150 mile zone & sunk a ship & it completed the objective. I did a 2nd mission & it did the same thing again until I got lucky & sunk a ship & *ta-daah* it completed the objective.....apparently you have to sink something to complete the objective lol.....the missions that first post referred to I didn't even see a ship & I criss crossed the pacific three times looking!

Thanks for jumping in to help me so fast Lurker, I had read all the (many) read me's & couldn't understand what the problem was in the beginning.
Brenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 06:21 PM   #1220
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger
I noticed on my first patrol with my present command that my deck gun (3"/50 bow mount) that I have no Armor Piercing ammo, and only 180 rounds of HE rounds. All early commands in the past (including S-Boats) included both types of ammo of 180 rounds EACH.
Deck guns on both sides of the war (i.e., German and American) carried HE shells only (or a variation thereof). Occasionally some star clusters would be loaded, but those of course don't really do much good.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-08, 02:57 PM   #1221
feld
Loader

Downloads: 22
Default Missing textures

I've got one statement, one question, and one help request:

Statement: Thank you very much for taking the tremendous amount of time to code the submarine war in the Pacific for us. Your mod makes SH4 the game I wanted it to be.

Silly Historical Question: Would you happen to know why the Hiyo Class CV's had green paint jobs? (I saw that they were green the museum section after I installed your mod. I've never seen a color photo of one so it was a surprise.)

Tech Assist: I'm missing some textures on aircraft installed by RSRD in the War Museum. I assume I'm also missing them in game but I haven't played enough yet to see these aircraft. They are:

Japanese A6M2N (both versions)
Netherlands Brewster Buffalo (both versions)

I'm running mods in the following order:

RFB_v1.51_062308
RSRDC_RFBv15_V395_RC5
RSRDC_V395_Patch4
RSRDC_AuxGB_Fix

My System Specs

Toshiba Portege (tablet PC)
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.5 GHz
2.99 GB Ram
Windows XP tablet Pc edition 2005 version 2002 SP 3
Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Graphics Card

Thanks!

-feld
feld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-08, 10:16 PM   #1222
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by feld
I've got one statement, one question, and one help request:

Statement: Thank you very much for taking the tremendous amount of time to code the submarine war in the Pacific for us. Your mod makes SH4 the game I wanted it to be.

Silly Historical Question: Would you happen to know why the Hiyo Class CV's had green paint jobs? (I saw that they were green the museum section after I installed your mod. I've never seen a color photo of one so it was a surprise.)

Tech Assist: I'm missing some textures on aircraft installed by RSRD in the War Museum. I assume I'm also missing them in game but I haven't played enough yet to see these aircraft. They are:

I'm running mods in the following order:

RFB_v1.51_062308
RSRDC_RFBv15_V395_RC5
RSRDC_V395_Patch4
RSRDC_AuxGB_Fix

My System Specs

Toshiba Portege (tablet PC)
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.5 GHz
2.99 GB Ram
Windows XP tablet Pc edition 2005 version 2002 SP 3
Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Graphics Card

Thanks!

-feld

IRT

Quote:
http://www.combinedfleet.com/junyo01.jpg

http://www.shipcamouflage.com/images/Ijn2_sheet.jpg

Note the Type 2 Camo for Aircraft Carrier

IRT

Quote:

This is because of graphic mods added to RFB that effect certain types of .dds files. You can fix the Japanese A6M2N by downloading the TMO_FloatPlane_fix

http://files.filefront.com/TMO+Float.../fileinfo.html

The Brewster Buffalo currently doesn't have a fix, but it is very doubtful that you will see it outside the Museum
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-08, 10:29 PM   #1223
feld
Loader

Quote:
IRT

Quote:

This is because of graphic mods added to RFB that effect certain types of .dds files. You can fix the Japanese A6M2N by downloading the TMO_FloatPlane_fix

The Brewster Buffalo currently doesn't have a fix, but it is very doubtful that you will see it outside the Museum
Roger all. Thank you. I'd read about the floatplane fix but didn't want to install it for fear that it was TMO specific.

R/
feld
Old 08-30-08, 02:00 PM   #1224
feld
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by feld
Quote:
IRT

Quote:

Roger all. Thank you. I'd read about the floatplane fix but didn't want to install it for fear that it was TMO specific.

R/
feld
Lurker,

I downloaded and activated the TMO+FloatPlane fix but the AM2N is still black. I'm trying to figure out how I could've screwed up an install that simple. Just feeding back to see if you've any ideas and to let you add this to your list of known issues if you do that sort of thing. The black a/c are really not even a minor annoyance and don't affect the experience at all for me. Thanks again for the mod and all the help!

BTW, I started a career in Manila in 41 and was pleased to see that the S-18 class submarine I was assigned was actually one of the boats assigned to Manila in 1941. I know that it might not seem like a big deal to some but as a submariner and a naval history buff, that sort of detail makes all the difference to me. Thanks again!
-feld

Last edited by feld; 08-31-08 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-31-08, 03:18 PM   #1225
robbythesub
Captain

Downloads: 302
Crew still on bridge when dived

Hi

Firstly thanks for the great updates- I am running SH1V to 1.5 with RSRDC, patch 7.7 for same, and RFB 1.5, environmental 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 for 4.7.
The game plays superbly, graphics incredible but when I dive my sub, the crew remain on the bridge!

Can you please advise what the problem is?

Regards:rotfl:
robbythesub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-08, 12:05 PM   #1226
R1830
Swabbie

Downloads: 8

originally posted in the SH4 general section but was advised to repost here:

Has anyone else run into a phantom Simms DD near Guam? Twice my war patrols have taken me to the Guam/Saipan area and both times just west of Guam, near the south end I have setup on a contact and had it turn out to be a Simms DD. Being that it is 1942 I don't really see her staying alive long around there. The first time I was closing just for a look at what it may be doing in that neck of the woods, but when it got to the north end of Guam, just disappeared from both Radar and sound, went to last location and nothing around. Second time I took an up close look, and sure enough US flag flying just patrolling with 20nm of a major enemy base.

I am running SH4v1.5 w/TMO and RSRD.

Thanks for the great mod!
R1830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 05:04 AM   #1227
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

Just a question. I've started running a few careers just as test beds for now. And I dont get any orders beyond the typical deploy to XXX engage enemy shipping from the stock. I was under the impression that the orders would be a bit more detailed than that, so do I have a problem or is that normal for RSRD?
Here's my install order.

Ack disreguard this. I figured out what was wrong after I did a fresh install of SH4

Last edited by Falkirion; 09-29-08 at 06:15 PM.
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 12:09 AM   #1228
CobraDriver
Watch

Downloads: 0

Quick question about this and I guess many other mods. When you go to install via Jscgme? it tells me ALOT of files or textures will be overwritten, do I want to continue. I said yes but dont know if I'm messing something up. Is this expected?

I am running SH4 1.5 with TMO and your RSRD installed after it. I have the TMO, then the patch, RSRD then the patch. The order looks correct as per instructions I have found but still got all those warnings.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

CD
CobraDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 02:45 AM   #1229
Te Kaha
Navy Dude

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 2

Falkirion, I'm in my 7th patrol and i haven't gotten any other orders either, so I think the answer is yes. But I don't mind, as I think being ordered to patrol and sink enemy ships is what' submarines are built for, saving downed pilots or similar things are only rare exceptions.

CobraDriver, overwrites are expected, just make sure you install your mods in the correct order.
Te Kaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-08, 04:17 AM   #1230
CobraDriver
Watch

Downloads: 0

TY Te Kaha for the info.

Now just 1 more question, I have the TMO as stated and when I start the game, thats the screen I see, so how do I know that RSRD is even loaded?

Is there some kind of patch ver. I should be seeing in a corner or sig or something?

Because I dont see any difference from before I installed RSRD to now after I have installed it.

Thanx

CD
CobraDriver is offline   Reply With Quote