SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-07, 10:02 AM   #1186
dean_acheson
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

Guys,
I would really like to see a couple of things cleaned up. I'd hope that UBI would be willing to do this for us, to make the game as complete as possible.

We all in the Subsim community love the fact that UBI went ahead and gave us another WW2 Subsim, it took guts to do this, in a world of shooters and sports games, and most of us love SH4, but please work a bit to clean up the AI and make this buggier-free game.

The community would love you for it.

Thanks.
A loyal customer.
Old 05-21-07, 10:05 AM   #1187
Dellwig
Swabbie

Downloads: 5

I support Neal's statement.
Thank You!
Old 05-21-07, 10:06 AM   #1188
Duck
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default Patch please...

Gentlement at UBI,
A patch is definitly required. Also I don't know if its been mentioned, but when opening the captains log at later stages in the carear mode takes longer and longer!

Looking forward to a prompt and professional fix
Old 05-21-07, 10:31 AM   #1189
Typhoontony
Nub

Come on Ubisoft, finish what you started. This has the potential to be a great sim.

Tony
Old 05-21-07, 10:43 AM   #1190
meerkatt
Nub

Downloads: 20
Default Ubisoft needs to complete the game!

I have held off purchasing the game after reading many independent reviews and player comments regarding the number and severity of bugs in the game. Enjoyed SHIII, Ubisoft needs to complete the game. My ol' grandpappy used to say; "If you got time to do it right the first time, then you got time to do it right the second time" Let's get it right Ubisoft!

Ray
Old 05-21-07, 11:12 AM   #1191
gcosta
Bilge Rat

Default This game REQUIRES 1, if not more, patches

Hello
I'm signing. I spent money on this game, only to find it's incomplete. I understand that UBISOFT wants to develop the next Tomb Raider game, and so thinks this game is too 'nitch' and doesn't have enough 'mass appeal'.
I too play 'casual' games when I'm busy, but when I want to play a realistic sub sim, I want a realistic sub sim. Not a dumbed-down version, and not one that's not complete and not fixed.
If a patch is not released to at least make the game complete, it will reflect very, very badly on UBISOFT as a company, and many will refuse to buy further UBISOFT games.
I really urge you to complete the game, even if you cannot make more than one patch.
I've been seeing many cases where more hardcore games are not being patched so that resources could be put into the next 'movie tie-in' game. Please finish this great game.

Thank you,
Gino Costa
Old 05-21-07, 11:14 AM   #1192
yllekm
Mate

Downloads: 18

Add me to the list too.

I know there are some important bugs to fix, but we are still short some important features, like a functional sub tender so that wecan rearm/refuel without returning to port.
Old 05-21-07, 11:14 AM   #1193
Mark Edwin
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 31

I purchased the game soon after it came out. I have been playing my first patrol under the career menu. I like the game very much but also have found many of the same problems with radar, and all the other things as mentioned by others on this thread.
I expect that UBI will patch this game again (1.3) because if they do not, I will not be able to justify ever buying another product from them. I have come to expect that they would address these issues that severely hinder gameplay and what I consider replayability. This is a great game but not patching it again is like birthing a child and refusing to take it to the doctor for corrective help because it has a turned in foot= crippled child becomes crippled adult (without help). I simply cannot believe that they will not address these other issues and soon. Please UBIsoft - someone please help.
Old 05-21-07, 11:15 AM   #1194
DocDarm
Swabbie

Downloads: 8

Yup...still needs work. Count me as SIGNED.

DocDarm
Old 05-21-07, 11:16 AM   #1195
Koranis
Helmsman

Downloads: 84

This baby needs one final patch (a good one) to be finally finished. Please, do it guys.
Old 05-21-07, 11:37 AM   #1196
madmax
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Default Vote 4 Patch

My vote is with Neal.... Now if this were a K class simulation we wouldn't need one

"My end is diving No1.... What the hell is your end doing?"
Old 05-21-07, 11:46 AM   #1197
MemoryLeaK
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default FIX IT

UBISOFT-- can you say "Consumer Fraud?" because if you look up the definition you will discover that it includes knowingly making false statements about a product.
I think the fact that you did it deliberately is what irks me the most. You intentionally defrauded us. When that game was in beta testing the majority of these issues would have been discovered in the fist few minutes of playing. Therefore you intentionally released a faulty and flawed product while making statements to the contrary.
Even with a patch you knew in advance that the only thing that will save this game is the dedication of the modders and the loyalty of this community.
I swear you will never get another penny of mine.

Old 05-21-07, 11:53 AM   #1198
Chuck B.
Watch

Downloads: 1

/signed

This game needs (at least) another patch. They should be ashamed that 1.0 started well behind the latest version of SHIII when it comes to quality and bugs - there is absolutely no excuse for the amount and type of bugs we encountered in 1.0 and are still encountering in 1.2.

To all those who think that this petition might lead to Ubisoft never making a Silent Hunter game anyomre: So be it. If they are not able to produce a decent, relatively bug free submarine game, let them fail and give someone else the chance to do it right.

To all those who point out at all the great mods: You are right, but I paid Ubisoft for delivering a working product, not the modders. While I'm certainly very thankful for what the modders did and do, that does not free Ubisoft from delivering a solid basis.
Old 05-21-07, 11:56 AM   #1199
marc420
Nub

Ah, this is why I've stopped buying new releases. I'm sick of game companies putting out junk. The email I got says it took two patches just to get the game stable and the basic features functioning. To me, that's a game that should never have been released. I'm sick of game companies stealing my money by putting out junk releases like this.

So, I've never bought this game. And possibly never will. I certainly won't unless there's a patch that addresses these continuing issues. For example, I rarely play multiplayer, so an AI that can find its rear without a road map is a mandatory feature for me.

But all in all, I just wanted to say how happy I am I haven't given anyone one red cent of my hard earned money for this game. Sometimes its hard to resist temptation when a title comes out that sounds good. But this time I did, and the only thing I can say now is WHOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!!!!

There are a few developers out there I trust not to release junk. But Ubisoft certainly isn't one of them. In fact, they are pretty much on my 'avoid like the plague unless everyone says there's a patched and modded game that really works' list.
Old 05-21-07, 11:58 AM   #1200
GreenTea
Swabbie

Voting?

Astonishing that we need to vote in the first place. Like the old car manufacturer analogy; release a broken product to the market that barely works, then ask your customers what their top issues are in order of importance... the remainder the user can fix themselves with some duct tape. *Maybe* they'll fix your top issues-- they'll poll it.

I understand the financial concern as well, but honestly. We have games that were released years ago to the market which are still being patched for nominal issues. The ability to play a complete and fulfilling game is there already. But with patch v1.2 for SH4, this game is barely held together, and for Ubi to question the necessity of a further patch is unconscionable.

It is situations like this that point to the argued "death" of computer gaming. Most people here are looking for a deep experience-- not the latest inane FPS or RTS that brings no innovation to the market. If games like this fall by the wayside, I will have no reason to upgrade my computer any longer. Should Ubi choose not to complete a further patch, at the least I will be sure not to support them any further.

I would have voted, except the Ubi website doesn't seem to remember my account (even though they have a record of my email address since I bought the $60 game directly from them), so there's no way for me to retrieve it to vote. Quite ironic.
Closed Thread