Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-25-21, 11:39 AM   #106
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
What if and it is a big IF this theory is wrong.

What if times goes normal.

We send a spaceship on a 5 years journey where they use warp speed and they return 5 years later.

Markus
Whose five years - theirs or ours?

Time always goes normal, btw. Only that it is - well, relative... Their five years would have gone normal. Ours would have gone normal. For them, five years of their time would have felt normal to them, and for us five of our years also would have felt normal.Not before they and us meet again we ntoive that somehting is... is... - well, welcome to the magic that relativity does!

After five years of our time here on Earth, such an expedition still would not have gotten very far.

These things are not difficult to wrap your mind around. All it takes is five bottles of Whisky, ten more of Vodka afterwards to keep a cool head, and a year's reserve of LSD pills.
Old 05-25-21, 11:52 AM   #107
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I mean they take of 1 June 2075 and return 31 May 2085.

They have been travelling above light speed several times, but neither theirs or our times has changed.

But it's only a thought.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-21, 12:01 PM   #108
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
^
What if and it is a big IF this theory is wrong.

What if times goes normal.

We send a spaceship on a 5 years journey where they use warp speed and they return 5 years later.

Markus

There is already experimental evidence that suggests time dialtion really exists. Global Positioning Satellite clocks on orbiting satellites move slower, The experiment involving atomic clocks on planes were recorded to move slower, Michelson-Morley experiment, Muon particles decay more slowly while falling

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-21, 12:06 PM   #109
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
There is already experimental evidence that time dialtion exists. Global Positioning Satellite clocks on orbiting satellites move slower, Atomic clocks on planes were recorded to move slower, Michelson-Morley experiment, Muon particles decay more slowly while falling
There goes my theory

I had hoped we could send a spaceship away on a 10 years faster than lightspeed and time here on earth would run normal and for the crew too.

Markus

Old 05-25-21, 01:53 PM   #110
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
I mean they take of 1 June 2075 and return 31 May 2085.

They have been travelling above light speed several times, but neither theirs or our times has changed.

Ten years feel like ten years for them in their time bubble, and ten years feel like ten years for us in our time bubble. We are victims of circumstances, or better, victim sof our locations. Not before we compare our location to theirs we notice that there is a time deviation between both places/bubbles. For us, living inside the context of the location - theirs or ours - ten years feel like ten years, always. Only when we switch between contexts/places, we notice the difference, and this even only when the difference is big enough in total net sum.

Not that this is not totally correct. The time shift onyl happens if both bubbles/places move, do not keep the same relative psotiion to each other. If both are stationary, there is no time shift, both bubbles run their time synchronous. Its the movement that makes the difference. With higher speed, the time shif tbecomes more severe, and with reaching lightspeed, the travelling object wins mass - theoretically at light speed its mass must become infinite: the old argument why lightspeed could not be achieved.

I am not certain if that model still stands?
Old 05-25-21, 02:05 PM   #111
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
I had hoped we could send a spaceship away on a 10 years faster than lightspeed and time here on earth would run normal and for the crew too.
No, not without some tricks and magic done that so far we have no idea of. I mean time runs normal for both teams in thgeir places, but the time would pass differently fast. Maybe with some Star Trek kind of cheating, where the conventional time-space continuum gets temporarily left and so physics laws of the continuum gets left behind, too. Or space gets folded like a leaf of paper and the traveller than slips directly form one psoiton on the leaf to the other that got folded onto his posiiton, so that he doe snot need to cover the space between the two locatiosn onc ethe leaf gets unfolded again and is plain again (worm hole theory, think of a fresh ink spot, then fold the paper and press it, and then unfold it: the wet ink has left a stamp, now delete the original dot, and there you are, one spot left,m but in another place).

Another model of time is completely different, it says that there is nothing like a flow of time, and no movement, but only an infinite amount of frozen static moments that in their totality describe and represent everything that ever was and ever will be, and we only move through endless long sequences of such frozen moments of time, with every moment being an unimaginably small total amount different from any other. Its like the deck of cards from a flip book (Daumenkino). Every image the cards show is static, but the fast sequencing through them creates the illusion of movement and flowing time of the action depicted.

Whatever we see, hear, feel, smell, taste , ntoice fon the universe - it never is the universe as it is, absolutely, but it just is the way in which our senses do their work for which they were designed, and if our senses would be differently, our image (= our inside-head model) of the univese we live in would be differently, too. We do never perceive a separate universe in a form of some penultimate reality or truth. We simply are part of it, or better, since the universe is in our mind and our mind is part of the universe: we ARE the universe. And thats it. That is something that mystics of various traditions and especially the Christian mystics (Meister Eckard and the likes) mentioned, and quite often. Its old stuff. Very old stuff. And they were very determined about it. Or as my old master often said: meditation is no wellness show, it is an issue that decides over life or death. Save me the esoteric music and psycho babble group!

Maybe the key to space travel is not to move through space, but to understand that we always are our own fix point in the universe and must/should/could make the universe move around us. I like to point out that our inner sphere - mind, psyche - and the otuer sophere - cosmic space - both have something in common: a vast amount of empty void, of empty space. Maybe we should not be so certain of that the inner and the outer space really are two different things. Maybe we should understand that they are both one and just one and the same infinite space? We ourselves then maybe only compare to the colourful surface of a soap bubble floating around. The air it contains and the air it is surrounded with - is there really a difference? The bubble plops open and is gone - but the one-space still prevails.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-25-21 at 02:37 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-21, 02:37 PM   #112
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Thank you for your reply to my comments on time and warp speed.

Are you 110 % sure there ain't some loophole in this law of psychics ?

Markus

Old 05-25-21, 03:27 PM   #113
Skybird
Soaring

Since I tend to make my own psychic laws I am full of loopholes, essentially becoming one big infinite hole in our reality myself. The one curious exception from evertything that nobody has expected... I have fluffy white fur and long ears, and a golden pocket clock. LOL
Old 05-25-21, 03:36 PM   #114
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

If aliens in the future should pay us earthling a visit

I hope they will come to enforce us world peace, where hate and aggression can be read in encyclopedias and to learn us live without money

Markus

Old 05-25-21, 03:44 PM   #115
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Thank you for your reply to my comments on time and warp speed.

Are you 110 % sure there ain't some loophole in this law of psychics ?

Markus

I dont know if its a loophole but if other dimensions exist and interdimensional travel were possible. Then maybe beings from another reality could visit without the worry of travelling thru time space.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-25-21 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-25-21, 03:48 PM   #116
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

If you wrapped a two dimensional object and printed a quantum computer on it, and were able to fold this to a proton's size, you could theoretically try to make this travel at almost light speed. Not that anyone here could do this, but even if - no human(!) could travel with it, and light speed is still much too slow.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-21, 03:50 PM   #117
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

What about wormholes.

In especially Star Trek there are different type of wormholes, where you can travel great distances without using warp speed.

Don't know about our time and the time on the spaceship.

There will be a different but how much ?

Markus

Old 05-25-21, 04:00 PM   #118
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

For those who don't know about her, Sabine Hossenfelder is a legit physicist who shares some of her views through YT

Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-21, 04:25 PM   #119
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
What about wormholes.

In especially Star Trek there are different type of wormholes, where you can travel great distances without using warp speed.

Don't know about our time and the time on the spaceship.

There will be a different but how much ?

Markus
My ink blot on a piece of paper and then folding it, creating a stamp of the ink somewhere else without the ink needing to run from here to there across all the paper - folding space this way, that is an often voiced idea about how wormholes maybe work. If they even exist.
Old 05-25-21, 04:56 PM   #120
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
If you wrapped a two dimensional object and printed a quantum computer on it, and were able to fold this to a proton's size, you could theoretically try to make this travel at almost light speed. Not that anyone here could do this, but even if - no human(!) could travel with it, and light speed is still much too slow.

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

Tags
aliens, ufo, ufos