SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-06-10, 08:16 PM   #106
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I mean the floor of the interior of the conning tower. Any ideas, I know that it has to use a different texture, because I have completely redone the floors of the rest of the submarine for version 1.1 of this mod. However, the floor of the conning tower interior remains unchanged.
Believe it or not, it really is the same texture as the rest of the interior deck plating. Try out the colored floors mod and pick green or blue, the floor in the conning tower ends up a really dark shade of whatever the rest of the boat is.
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-10, 08:18 PM   #107
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

For found the texture name of elements, i use Granny viewer -> choose the mesh element -> view in detail -> material binding
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-10, 09:40 PM   #108
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack Harkness View Post
Believe it or not, it really is the same texture as the rest of the interior deck plating. Try out the colored floors mod and pick green or blue, the floor in the conning tower ends up a really dark shade of whatever the rest of the boat is.
Wow, I think you are right. Sorry for not believing you before man. That is really odd, I bet if I take a look at the shadow mapping for that room, the floor will be darkened out.....

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 01:39 AM   #109
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Haha no problem, it is pretty hard to believe...
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 03:11 PM   #110
SteelViking
The Old Man

Capt Jack Harkness, you have helped me out once again! It sure was the shadow map for that room that was making the floor look totally different. And, after I looked at it for a while, I realized that the shadow mapping in that room was crap anyway, so I am working on redoing it right now. Thanks for telling me it was the same texture, I would have gone crazy looking for it if you had not.

On a side note everyone, if you see any shadows inside the sub(especially on the floor) that look weird or out of place, give me a screen shot, let me know how you think it should look, and I will redo them. Shadow maps are not easy to work with, but I have messed around with shadows enough to do almost anything with them now.

Old 07-07-10, 07:30 PM   #111
Sudo
Helmsman

First off SteelViking, this is a great great mod. I was looking to combine your interior mod, environmental mod, and CaptHelms Exterior lighting mod, and started comparing Lights.cfg files for differences. When I compared your Lights.cfg to Env2.3 Lights.cfg there are only a couple differences and they are in the [HDR Interior Submarine] section and all is good. But upon comparing your Lights.cfg to the Lights.cfg of Env2.5 there are a 3 lines that are different and they are in the [HDR Exterior] section. Granted, they aren't huge differences in values but I wanted to let you know just in case. Not even sure if these make a difference in the Environmental mod or not. Just an FYI. Once again - Great mod. Keep up the good work. By the way; you say you're East Coast? Me too, Virginia.

GaussBloomMultiplier
LightShaftsStrength
LightShaftsWeight
Sudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 07:54 PM   #112
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudo View Post
First off SteelViking, this is a great great mod. I was looking to combine your interior mod, environmental mod, and CaptHelms Exterior lighting mod, and started comparing Lights.cfg files for differences. When I compared your Lights.cfg to Env2.3 Lights.cfg there are only a couple differences and they are in the [HDR Interior Submarine] section and all is good. But upon comparing your Lights.cfg to the Lights.cfg of Env2.5 there are a 3 lines that are different and they are in the [HDR Exterior] section. Granted, they aren't huge differences in values but I wanted to let you know just in case. Not even sure if these make a difference in the Environmental mod or not. Just an FYI. Once again - Great mod. Keep up the good work. By the way; you say you're East Coast? Me too, Virginia.

GaussBloomMultiplier
LightShaftsStrength
LightShaftsWeight
Hey, thanks for catching that! I must have synced my light.cfg up with an older version of Env(I have all of the versions hanging around). It will not make a big impact on the environmental mod, but I will of course change it to be completely compatible in my next version. I think I will be releasing v1.1 in about a day or two, finally. Thanks for the compliment, and thanks again for finding that problem, I believe that compatibility between mods is really important.

Old 07-07-10, 08:30 PM   #113
Sudo
Helmsman

Quote:
Hey, thanks for catching that!
Not a problem! As you can see I have all the old copies of Env mod archived too. Can not wait for your V1.1, great mod. I went ahead and combined CaptHelm's sound mod in with yours (mod soup spring cleaning), and man my boat looks and sounds great. Keep it up, I check back everyday for your newest update.
Old 07-07-10, 08:45 PM   #114
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Not a problem! As you can see I have all the old copies of Env mod archived too. Can not wait for your V1.1, great mod. I went ahead and combined CaptHelm's sound mod in with yours (mod soup spring cleaning), and man my boat looks and sounds great. Keep it up, I check back everyday for your newest update.
Actually, I have been wanting some other people's input on the sound. You see, I have actually gone through Capthelm's audio mod with a sound editor and cleaned a few things up, for instance, some of the sounds end very abruptly so I fixed stuff like that. Also, as you mentioned, it would help thin out some people's mod soup. I would just include it without a second thought, but I do not want to put it in if the majority of people prefer another sound mod.

So, to anyone and everyone, what is your opinion on this?

Old 07-08-10, 08:27 AM   #115
Sudo
Helmsman

I look forward to hearing your changes to the sounds if you release them SteelViking. I'm actually using a mixture of sounds from CaptHelm's Sounds, Paco's Sounds, and DBSM now. Did a little mix-n-match mod for the sounds that I like the best. Can't wait for V1.1 so get BigReds butt in gear.
Old 07-08-10, 10:25 AM   #116
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
I look forward to hearing your changes to the sounds if you release them SteelViking. I'm actually using a mixture of sounds from CaptHelm's Sounds, Paco's Sounds, and DBSM now. Did a little mix-n-match mod for the sounds that I like the best. Can't wait for V1.1 so get BigReds butt in gear.
Every day that I delay for BIGREG to finish his end of things, I just keep improving more stuff. I think I might include just the sounds that I fixed up.

Old 07-08-10, 01:11 PM   #117
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Every day that I delay for BIGREG to finish his end of things, I just keep improving more stuff. I think I might include just the sounds that I fixed up.
Sounds Good. No pun intended .
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 04:57 PM   #118
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Sorry for the delay

But , Today was a bad day -> a beer too and direct in Police station ( + 12 hours ) matches my drive license is lighter and my wallet to
Old 07-08-10, 05:05 PM   #119
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Sorry for the delay

But , Today was a bad day -> a beer too and direct in Police station ! matches my drive license is lighter and my wallet to
Oh, no worries, I don't mind waiting, it just means that our mods are going to be all the better.

That sucks, I am sorry to hear about that.

Old 07-08-10, 05:07 PM   #120
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

I am disgusted for only 0.1 mg too next time I would drink more so that it is really justified