SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-29-08, 11:36 PM   #106
CapnHeck
Watch

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0
Default Different kind of texture issue from Scheer's noob skipper!

Hey all. Longtime lurker here. I've got a graphical glitch issue with my Admiral Scheer and wonder if anyone has any insight.

I had the "Holy Smokes Whoa!" brown and green pattern --with purple damage-- that a lot of folks have had and posted.

Now, running Pocket Battleship 1.1 only --NO other mods whatsoever running-- my ship is completely black, with the turrets a uniform grey, as is the eagle on the ship's stern.

My computer is a dual core Alienware with 2 gigs of very fast RAM . . . but my card is a GeForce 8800 Ultra. I've heard terrible things about SH4 1.5 running with my card, and have encountered a few. But usually turning off high textures and post-FX fixes things...

ANY help or insights from GeForce 8800 users would be MOST appreciated. And yep, I'm running brand new drivers and have read the GeForce tweaks thread. But I'm still here and still could use a hand.

Thanks!
CapnHeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-08, 12:52 AM   #107
John W. Hamm
Watch Officer

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnHeck
Hey all. Longtime lurker here. I've got a graphical glitch issue with my Admiral Scheer and wonder if anyone has any insight.

I had the "Holy Smokes Whoa!" brown and green pattern --with purple damage-- that a lot of folks have had and posted.

Now, running Pocket Battleship 1.1 only --NO other mods whatsoever running-- my ship is completely black, with the turrets a uniform grey, as is the eagle on the ship's stern.

My computer is a dual core Alienware with 2 gigs of very fast RAM . . . but my card is a GeForce 8800 Ultra. I've heard terrible things about SH4 1.5 running with my card, and have encountered a few. But usually turning off high textures and post-FX fixes things...

ANY help or insights from GeForce 8800 users would be MOST appreciated. And yep, I'm running brand new drivers and have read the GeForce tweaks thread. But I'm still here and still could use a hand.

Thanks!
You should read further back in this thread this problem has been fixed, odd I have an GeForce 8800 as well I have no problems... just lucky I guess
Old 04-30-08, 01:12 AM   #108
John W. Hamm
Watch Officer

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thasaint
there a fix to the no crew in op monsoon yet?

and is making damage show up in damage control so it can be repaired possible? i fought a couple of convoys in a campaign, and the little piddly guns eventually slowed my engines to a crawl... wish there was a way to fix it

not complaining though, i love this mod, i haven't played a submarine since this came out!
Some day I will get around to looking at Monsun and seeing why it doesn't work with so many other Mods...

however the problem will be with the rank names of the crew in your
\MODS\USS Clemson\Data\Submarine\USS_Clemson\USS_Clemson.upc File.

This file tells the Game what crew to put where, However the Crew titles that Monsun uses in each of those positions is not the same as the ones that stock games uses (which is what this Mod uses), thus the game does not know what to put there...so it puts nothing.

You will have the same problem for the same reason if you install RFB 1.5Beta

You can fix it by camparing the Upc files of other ships in the Monsun files I.E. under s\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\Monsun(or what ever this file is named)\Data\Submarine\(choose any ship in there) and go to its UPC file and look for the lines (there will be many and many variations just pick one, or several, or use them all)
IDLinkCrewMember= (you can only use one desigantion per each) I.E. =PO2C
And what ever is there is what would need to be in the same place but in the Clemson file. Sorry I didn't go into very much detail but this is it in a nut shell.
If Xantro or Mik should ever decide to make a fully playable ship (I.E. include damage cntl and other things) then I will personally take the time to go through all of the files and make a patch for each ship that will make it able to work with RFB and Monsun. until then I hope this helps you
Old 04-30-08, 04:29 AM   #109
CapnHeck
Watch

[/quote]
You should read further back in this thread this problem has been fixed, odd I have an GeForce 8800 as well I have no problems... just lucky I guess[/quote]

Well, I've re-read the thread twice and I see no mention of a graphical glitch like the one I'm reporting. It's late. Am I punchy and missing it?

As I said, this is not the "Flower Power" glitch. This is the entire ship being a flat black, with only the turrets and stern eagle being grey. No texture of any sort anywhere. Just your basic model sans texture. Like a trillion dollar Stealth Panzerschiff! :p (I wish.)

As for the 8800 issues, http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...5/m/8931084046
That's a forum at ubi.com's community tech support that mentions it. The game crashes when major explosions i.e. torpedo impacts are displayed.
CapnHeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-08, 04:45 AM   #110
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Sorry i've do a write mistake i've sh4 whith patch 1.5!
when charge it the game crash! can you help??
If you have only enabled this mod and it still chrashes,and it is still not working you have to explain it more detailed

Quote:
It is possible to make a playable Bismarck, But it's hard since there is no Bismarck in Stock SH4
I think I could get , but belive me that a BB is boring...
The Bismarck/Admiral Hipper mod wasn't as funny as the Sboat mod...

Quote:
thats right 300 AP is not enough and where are the HE ammunition, there are 0
When you give me a proof, that the Admiral Scheer had more HE munition, I will change that

Quote:
Xantro, again (see my post earlier), this is due to a missing material. The parent node of some of the models only have one material linked, while they should have two (well, in this case they should).
I looked through the stock sub and sea .dat files , but the only thing I found was one material link to one material(the DMG one)
But I think I didn't understand this(thats why I am not a good modder)
Thank you anyway!!!

Quote:
Here's a quick and dirty fix for the OpMonsun crew problem. Note that this fixes only the problem with no crew, allowing you to play single missions and war patrols. It won't fix any incompabilites with career mode. It's JSGME compatible, enable after Pocket Battleship.
Thank you for this.
Although I did the same thing, I can't understand why my conning is not working

Quote:
If you want anything realistic, better beef up the US DDs, or tone down the Japanese. I made a mission with the Clemson, got 94% hull damage by a tanker and it took ten minutes or more to sink it. I can do better than that with the subs deck gun. And the Clemson was set on Elite. I made a mission with the Fubuki and while I was sinking one side of the Task force another AI Fubuki sank four ships on the other side and one was a Fleet carrier. With the Clemson I shot at a Fleet Carrier until I was out of ammo and it wasn't even smoking.

Peabody
Ahhh...thinking about this
Quote:

Thanks!
I can not help you, but I am sure it is not because of a mod bug

Quote:
Some day I will get around to looking at Monsun and seeing why it doesn't work with so many other Mods...

however the problem will be with the rank names of the crew in your
\MODS\USS Clemson\Data\Submarine\USS_Clemson\USS_Clemson.upc File.

This file tells the Game what crew to put where, However the Crew titles that Monsun uses in each of those positions is not the same as the ones that stock games uses (which is what this Mod uses), thus the game does not know what to put there...so it puts nothing.

You will have the same problem for the same reason if you install RFB 1.5Beta

You can fix it by camparing the Upc files of other ships in the Monsun files I.E. under s\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\Monsun(or what ever this file is named)\Data\Submarine\(choose any ship in there) and go to its UPC file and look for the lines (there will be many and many variations just pick one, or several, or use them all)
IDLinkCrewMember= (you can only use one desigantion per each) I.E. =PO2C
And what ever is there is what would need to be in the same place but in the Clemson file. Sorry I didn't go into very much detail but this is it in a nut shell.
If Xantro or Mik should ever decide to make a fully playable ship (I.E. include damage cntl and other things) then I will personally take the time to go through all of the files and make a patch for each ship that will make it able to work with RFB and Monsun. until then I hope this helps you
Sry, I haven't told you I knewed this
but after fixing this I got other problems...
Btu why don't you make a career toutorial?
Old 04-30-08, 05:37 AM   #111
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43

Xan, i just read some german sites and seemingly the 6 x 10,5 cm Flak L/65 C33 that the deutchland has, you have setted them to be anti ship weaponry. while they we're designated as long range heavy flak

Why not just adjust them to be part of the AA crew, giving them "bigger flak "boom"" compared to the 25mm, 38mm, 40mm AA the thing has..
Well, just being accurate.

And seemingly Scheer HAD Heavy explosive ammunition for the 11"ers, amount of 150 per turret.. Also why the front gun is only in the library of the mod and the rear gun is only designated as a standard 11" gun that the AI Pocket Battleship uses?
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-08, 06:15 AM   #112
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4lt3r
Also why the front gun is only in the library of the mod and the rear gun is only designated as a standard 11" gun that the AI Pocket Battleship uses?
I can answer that for him: The front gun can be controlled by the player, which requires some modifications vs. AI-only controlled guns, while the rear gun can't be controlled by the player.

Hyvää vappua btw
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-08, 06:32 AM   #113
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108

i'm not being told when my ship is taking damage!!
anybody else having this

( i don't have the realism mod on cuz i don't want subs to be affected)
Old 04-30-08, 06:49 AM   #114
Bewolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpy117
i'm not being told when my ship is taking damage!!
anybody else having this

( i don't have the realism mod on cuz i don't want subs to be affected)
That is a general problem. I am not sure if there is work done about it. But then again there is only so much possible with the hardcoded stuff in this game by what ppl say.
Old 04-30-08, 07:36 AM   #115
Rene
Sailor man

Downloads: 40

xantro could you and your team try to make the bismark playable just to show how much power the ship has?and how cool it could be to command the legendary bismarck as the captain
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-08, 07:50 AM   #116
horsa
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Uploads: 3

Ok I've searched everywhere but .....

...... could you tell me where to find the data for the hitting power of the AI shipguns/Ammo ?

I've found the data for playable ships in UPCDATA/UPCUnits/weapons

Thanks
Old 04-30-08, 08:09 AM   #117
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43

If you're looking to adjust ammunition amount, the player controlled gun's ammunition can be found in the mod's folder on the path : Data\Library\Gersubparts or shipparts
There should be Scheer_Cantrecallthisword. dat/sim files, open the .sim file with S3d and find the ammo in drop down menu.

AI guns: Data\Library\Shipparts, there Guns_Radars.sim files, (01 contains some more AA guns, 02 doesnt contain anything regarding pocket BB). Just scroll down it and eventually you might cross for "AAGun", check it's name if it's IJN or USN.

I adjusted my own IJN Gun's ammo cap 10 times higher.

I could send you my modified ammunition files but it also alters some standard AI guns (5" IJN DUALS) fire rate for example.
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-08, 08:54 AM   #118
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 13

1. Thank you for responsing for me , thanks mikhayl for the infos
2. The 10,5 are automaticly setted as anti shipping guns
3. I guess W4lt3r will bring out a addon mod for the AI, and the ammunition
(hope so)
otherwise you got to wait for my next release!
Old 04-30-08, 09:00 AM   #119
horsa
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Hi W4lt3r

Thanks for the reply and also the work you do generally on these data values.

Sorry my post was misleading because it's not directly about the playable Graf Spee. I'm trying to balance up encounters between ships like the Graf Spee and other bigger ships

I'm OK with ammo levels. What I'm trying to find is the hitting power of a gun .. specifically the AI bigger ships - CAs and BBs. I can find references to the smaller guns but nowhere can I find ( for example) data for the 14 inch guns of the non-playable KGV.

If I look in radar_guns (SIM) there is no reference (that I recognise) to how much hitting power the weapon has. As you can see it has range, recoil time, clip size etc but no hitting power (unless the algorythm uses shell speed to somehow calculate the effect of shell impact - although I doubt it)

I'm wondering if the game doesn't really attempt to simulate the hitting power of the AI big weapons and just has some generic effect.
Maybe the bigger ships are just blazing away with eye candy.

I can see how a playable ship can be given more powerful weapons using the UPV/Units/weapons file, but I can't see how it can be adjusted for the AI big ships.

Last edited by horsa; 05-02-08 at 10:09 AM.
horsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-08, 09:14 AM   #120
horsa
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Ah ... THAT'S how it's doing it.

There's bit more sophistication in its methods than I gave it credit for.

Thanks Mikhayl ....