Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Four days old, but who cares.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ght-exist.html
Disgusting monkey this little Marxist is. And dangerous.
Indeed the event itself is from 2011, but it is certainly only to the neutral information of the interested reader that the Daily Fail publishes it now, close to the election

Denying Israel its existence.. as far as i know England itself tried to do exacly that before and after WW2? https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...n-to-palestine

Jewish Refugee Ships heading for Israel were attacked by the british after WW2:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/mi6-at...ips-after-wwii

Israel is building lots of settlements in occupied umm "disputed" palestinian land to create a status quo that cannot easily be changed, so criticising Israel for what it does now may have some reasons, even if you are not anti-zionist or anti-Israel. What Trump does and says is not helpful as well, but certainly welcomed by the israelian right wing.
There has to be a two-state solution, and denying or not mentioning that is wrong.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 12-03-19, 04:40 AM   #11957
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

The alleged Anti semitism is only the tip of the iceburg for the modern Labour party really. There is no easy way to fix the Israel/Palastine issue, but taking sides certainly wont help.
I understand historical wrongs of Isreal, The British and the west in general and the danger posed by the far right and blind nationalism
- but the jeeze Lefts current 'solution' runs along the most polarising crap:

Constant display of White guilt and loathing of their own culture while gushing over others - so as to appear morally superior and virtuous.
Childish belief that oppression and privelege can simply be messured by a persons physical attributes.
The rascist right sees a persons race and assumes their culture and behavior is inferior
The rascist left sees a persons race and assumes victimhood and an inabilty to make it the world without their sympathy help.
Both are borderline sociopathic.

What else?
The conviction that a more 'just society' can be made by applying different rules & standards for different 'groups'. (Yeah Hitler and Stalin thought the same, didnt work too well did it?)
Expanding word definitions to point where they become meaningless. Calling some one a rascist or a fascist carries no wieght if you use it against anyone in disagreement with you even if they are just milktoast conservative or what ever.
Pro Censorship, if its offensive it should be banned or punishable by law. "I belive in freedom of speech.... BUT') The old right used to push that and it killed them.
The only way you can ever be 100% certain you will not cause some offense to someone is to not speak at all.

Swaths of Labour and the modern left have adopted this naive 'bigotry born of empathy' matra and while I hesitate to brand it has outright hateful as the fringe rights delusions, its dishonest and divisive and very creepy.

And unlike its right leaning counterpart - its being spun as socially acceptable though media (as wokeness) and being taught to young people in our institutions (as social justice).
As long as it continues, the lurch to right should not be surprising.
Oh and when confronted neither side will clean up their own crap, so they just argue with WHATABOUTERY, e.g "yeah, but what about..." (insert some wrong on the other side of the spectrum)
So lazy and cheap.
I used to vote labour, but like Steed I cant easily vote for anyone now. Not when my vote just feels like throwing more fuel on the fire - no matter who its for.
I'd vote if though it was actually helpful in the long run.

Last edited by JU_88; 12-03-19 at 06:33 AM.
Old 12-03-19, 05:25 AM   #11958
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
For a moment i thought you meant brexit.
It is in large part Corbyn who will get Brexit through because of his unpopularity with the electorate.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 12-03-19, 05:29 AM   #11959
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Four days old, but who cares.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ght-exist.html

Disgusting monkey this little Marxist is. And dangerous.

Old 12-03-19, 05:30 AM   #11960
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
Free broadband
Free Trains
Free University education

LOL, Except none of it is actually free is it?, you'll pay for it via taxation. or they borrow so your grand kids will still be paying the intrest in 2050.

Labour remind me of my Mobile phone company "hello sir, since your are a loyal customer, we'd like to offer your a FREE tablet..... for only £25 per month.
Labour or was it Mayor ken Livingston? (former Labour) made buses free for under 16s in the early 2000s and everyone hated it, bored chavy kids just used buses as place to 'hang out' and anti social behavior on them sky-rocketed until it was scrapped.
Pretty much sums it up for me Francis and I was a party member for over two decades

Old 12-03-19, 07:49 AM   #11961
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
US President Donald Trump has said he could "work with anybody" in No 10 - nine days ahead of a general election.

Speaking on a three-day visit to the UK, Mr Trump said he would "stay out of the election", that he was a "fan of Brexit" and he thought PM Boris Johnson was "very capable".

Mr Trump is in the UK for a Nato summit being held in Watford on Wednesday.

He will attend a reception hosted by the Queen at Buckingham Palace later, where protests are expected.

The US president was speaking during a breakfast meeting with Nato Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg at the US ambassador's residence in London.

During a press conference Mr Trump also said:

The US wanted "absolutely nothing to do with" the NHS, when asked if it would form any part of future trade talks. He added: "Never even thought about it, honestly."

He himself was "a very easy person to work with"

The US was "trying to work something out" with the family of teenager Harry Dunn.

French President Emmanuel Macron was "very disrespectful" for suggesting Nato was "brain dead"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50632385
There will undoubtedly be people out there who agree as well as disagree.

Old 12-03-19, 08:19 AM   #11962
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Heh, yet theres that press confrence the orange gaffe king did with May a while back where he does mention the NHS being on the table (or Hints it). May awkwardly tries to dial it back.
To be fair on Trump though, he probably didnt really know what he was talking about (probably still doesn't now :P.) And even he does I doubt he particularly cares either way, and why should he I suppose, not his headache. Sounds like Boris probably asked him to say this anyway (damage control)

if the NHS gets privatised post brexit (if 'post-brexit' ever becomes a thing), its our own government who should be held accountable anyway, not Trump or anyone else outside the UK for that matter.

Anyway its all just words and pre election rhetoric, Trump and Boris's assurance the NHS wont be sold off doesnt mean it wont.
Corbyn and Labours assertation that 'it will' doesnt mean it will either.

Trust no one, dang it, wheres a foil hat smiley when you need one! :P

Last edited by JU_88; 12-03-19 at 08:28 AM.
Old 12-03-19, 02:14 PM   #11963
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-03-19, 02:36 PM   #11964
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-03-19, 03:14 PM   #11965
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Someone has certainly been busy at Labour Central Office today.

Old 12-03-19, 05:34 PM   #11966
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Still elections in one week, or have they decided to delay things once again?

Man, just imagine how bored we all will be next Wednesday.
Old 12-03-19, 05:52 PM   #11967
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^ an interesting thoughts

Is there anything in the British Parliament that gives the right to postpone an election ?

I can come up with some

Death of some Monarch

Some type of disaster

Markus
Old 12-04-19, 06:31 AM   #11968
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Looks like the son is following in his mothers footsteps and getting himself in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Quote:
Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott's Cambridge-educated son, 28, is arrested after 'biting one police officer and spitting at another outside Foreign Office'

The son of Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott has been charged with two counts of assault over alleged attacks on police officers during a disturbance at the Foreign Office.

James Abbott-Thompson, 28, was arrested on Friday afternoon last week after police were called to the Foreign Office in Westminster, where he used to work.

He was later charged with two counts of assault by beating an emergency services worker and a public order offence.

Westminster Magistrates' Court heard on Monday that he is accused of spitting at and punching one officer and biting the thumb of another.

He was bailed to appear back in front of magistrates in February.

By that time, if Labour win next week's General Election, his mother could be Home Secretary, in charge of the country's police forces, two of whose members he is accused of assaulting.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/court...id=mailsignout

Old 12-04-19, 07:07 AM   #11969
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
General election: Extinction Rebellion protesters glue themselves to Lib Dems' electric bus
https://news.sky.com/story/general-e...c-bus-11877802

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 12-04-19, 07:16 AM   #11970
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

It would appear Boris has 'grown a pair' at the most opportune time in his bid for an election victory.

Quote:
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said he would press ahead with a digital sales tax even after the US threatened to punish France for a similar move.

In a proposal first outlined last year, large online companies face a tax of 2% of UK sales from April 2020.

Mr Johnson said digital companies needed to make a "fairer contribution".

Donald Trump has threatened to impose taxes on French goods in retaliation for a digital services tax that would affect Google, Amazon and Facebook.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50656106

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics