Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-20, 02:17 PM   #11581
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Well then, shut up Mr. President, you're a contemptible lying charlatan.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 12-02-20, 03:38 PM   #11582
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
^ Well, currently or at least the last time I looked he was still POTUS of a country the UK are allied to

For all his rants and failings in many peoples opinions I steadfastly adhere to the doctrine instilled in me by my parents and the training I undertook as a LEO.....respect the position/rank even if you can't respect the individual.
You should think about it again then, me thinks. Just realise where it has led in case of the present example - or past historic examples.

There have to be limits. By all reason, there just have to be limits.

The respect of the rank has to end where the person holding that rank pushes beyond limits in abusing the rank.

Else you end up like Austria, Germany, and Hitler. There were many Wehrmacht officers who ticked exactly the same way: "Respect the rank, not the man. He is the Führer...! We owe obedience to him. Thats our honour, that we obey."

So, really, you may want to rethink about your attitude. I used a German word in my earlier post, Kadavergehorsam. Its difficult to explain what it means, literally translated it means dead body obedience, or cadaver obedience. It means a loyalty to higher authority that blind and unquestioning and totally uncritical that it follows that authority right into the doom and death without ever asking whether the authority is right in leading the way into this doom or that death. Total submission, blind trust, complete lack of critical reflection. All that dressed into a perverted code of honour.

My advice is different than doing that ^. My advice: be more choosey regarding whom you pay such immense loads of unconditional respect just because the man has a rank. If you respect the rank, use according standards to judge who deserve it and who not. If you let every dirtbag hold that rank and make it possible by your obedience, you respect that rank NOT, and hold it in no esteem, obviously.

Because every rank gets ruined in the end, if if is claimed by people making too much abuse of it, or are too incompetent to fill it, and do too much damage due to this. And Trump must be one of the biggest abusers there ever were in America's history. And he is not yet done with America.

Last edited by Skybird; 12-02-20 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-02-20, 04:06 PM   #11583
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Eritis insuperabiles, si fueritis inseparabiles. Explosum est illud diverbium: Divide, & impera, cum radix & vertex imperii in obedientium consensu rata sunt.

https://brewminate.com/divide-et-imp...vide-and-rule/

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 12-02-20, 04:16 PM   #11584
Skybird
Soaring

And here comes the Old Chinese Wisdoms...
Old 12-02-20, 04:25 PM   #11585
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Rockstar is not wrong, you know. China tries to, Russia does, but only Trump is really effective in dividing the american people

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 12-02-20 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-02-20, 05:00 PM   #11586
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Rockstar is not wrong, you know. China tries to, Russia does, but only Trump is really effective in dividing the american people
Mr. Trump isn't behind this dividing.
The question is has his domestic politics widen this dividing or did it make it better-lesser dividing.

Furthermore.
I have this feeling that a group of those who voted Biden, isn't interested in politics but had a similar attitude as our friend Skybird had. Trump has to be removed at any cost. So they voted Biden just to get Trump out.

Markus
Old 12-02-20, 05:04 PM   #11587
Skybird
Soaring

Jim, meanwhile you got your answer:

Quote:
How has Trump reacted?

President Trump responded by retweeting a video of Mr Sterling's speech, but without referencing the concerns over threats of violence.

Instead he doubled down on his allegations of election fraud, saying: "Rigged election. Show signatures and envelopes. Expose the massive voter fraud in Georgia."
Rigged Election. Show signatures and envelopes. Expose the massive voter fraud in Georgia. What is Secretary of State and @BrianKempGA afraid of. They know what we’ll find!!! https://t.co/Km7tRm2s1A
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 2, 2020
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.View original tweet on Twitter

Before and since, he has fired off many more tweets on the same subject, all without credible evidence.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-55153918
Dirt.
Old 12-02-20, 05:36 PM   #11588
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Why? Whats interesting in it? Why giving 5h!t

Apparently it's interesting enough that you can't stop ranting about it.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 12-02-20, 06:28 PM   #11589
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
NSFW - Language

The first minute and 20 seconds is where he hits the nail on the head

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 12-02-20, 06:38 PM   #11590
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Apparently it's interesting enough that you can't stop ranting about it.
Probably a waste of time, but I wonder if Sky would care to make a list of the other people Sky can't stand
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 12-02-20, 07:05 PM   #11591
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Mr Quatro. Be careful what you wish for!

Meanwhile:

Quote:
This Election Stinks
Is something rotten in Denmark?

by R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr

I have been on the fence. Ever since the election on November 3, I have been on the fence. I am prepared to accept the will of the people, and only in the election of 1960 was there evidence of a presidential election being stolen by either party. Then Richard Nixon refused to demand a recall. He explained that demanding a recall was divisive for the country. He has been reviled ever since by the Democrats. They are not only poor losers but also poor winners.
So here I have been sitting on the fence ever since the votes came in on the evening of November 3 or 4 or even 5. Who knows precisely when the election was over? Those votes arriving late can take days to be counted, possibly years.
At any rate, they now seem to have put Joe Biden ahead of President Donald Trump. I was about to accept the voice of the people. Sleepy Joe would be the winner, and I could at least enjoy the laughs he would provide for his four years in the White House. Or perhaps it would be three years in the White House. Or maybe only one year. Joe does not appear to be in the best of health these days, and his reliance upon ice cream for his sugar surge is not very reassuring. Now he is planning to enter the White House with his ankle in a cast. The decline has already set in.

Yet over the past weekend Professor Paul Kengor’s study of the Pennsylvania results has changed my mind about fence-sitting. Here is one of Professor Kengor’s findings. At a hearing in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, on November 25, an expert testified to the Pennsylvania Senate Majority Committee that a batch of ballots recorded 570,000 votes for Joe Biden and only 3,200 votes for Donald. That would be 99.4 percent of the votes went to Biden, and with that batch he won the election. The batch came in, by the way, late. That finding knocked me off the fence. I am now calling for an investigation of the election. Are any more members of the press asking for an investigation? On Sunday morning Maria Bartiromo asked for one after interviewing an aggrieved Donald Trump. Doubtless the admirable Tucker Carlson, Lou Dobbs, Sean Hannity, and Mark Levin will too. The reset of the press remains mum. They are not curious about the incriminating 570,000 votes.
And how long did the batch take to be counted? According to the aforementioned “expert,” a former combat officer with a background in military information and electronic warfare named Ret. Col. Phil Waldren, the “spike anomaly” did not take very long to appear. He claims it took something like 90 minutes.
Professor Kengor has information from other battleground states too. On November 4 in Michigan at roughly 6:30 a.m., 141,258 votes came in for Biden, and only 5,968 for Trump. In Wisconsin at 3:42 a.m., also on November 4, 143,379 votes came in for Biden and a puny 25,163 for Trump. On the same day in Georgia at 1:34 a.m., 136,155 votes came in for Biden, and only 29,115 votes came in for Trump. All of this information we have thanks to the diligence of Russell Ramsland of Allied Security Systems.
Surely there is more evidence of vote fraud that will not be kept secret for long. Moreover, if this fraud is as great as Kengor seems to show, it is bound to be found in the years to come. For now, it appears that the 2020 election is going to be the most controversial election in American history. Whether I climb back up atop the fence or remain down here among the doubters, it does not matter.
There is now a suspicion surrounding the vote count in the 2020 election. It will get worse. Not only that, but the condition of Joe Biden’s health will get worse too. Now it is a broken ankle. Next will come high blood pressure or heart failure or coronavirus. Soon will come Kamala Harris. This election will prove to be a disaster whatever I do on the fence.
https://spectator.org/election-results-pennsylvania/

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 12-02-20, 07:09 PM   #11592
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Okay, now I'm making a list.....

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 12-02-20, 07:58 PM   #11593
Skybird
Soaring

I have seven different lists for seven different days of the week, and they look all the same.
Old 12-03-20, 06:12 AM   #11594
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
You should think about it again then, me thinks. Just realise where it has led in case of the present example - or past historic examples.

There have to be limits. By all reason, there just have to be limits.

The respect of the rank has to end where the person holding that rank pushes beyond limits in abusing the rank.

Else you end up like Austria, Germany, and Hitler. There were many Wehrmacht officers who ticked exactly the same way: "Respect the rank, not the man. He is the Führer...! We owe obedience to him. Thats our honour, that we obey."

So, really, you may want to rethink about your attitude. I used a German word in my earlier post, Kadavergehorsam. Its difficult to explain what it means, literally translated it means dead body obedience, or cadaver obedience. It means a loyalty to higher authority that blind and unquestioning and totally uncritical that it follows that authority right into the doom and death without ever asking whether the authority is right in leading the way into this doom or that death. Total submission, blind trust, complete lack of critical reflection. All that dressed into a perverted code of honour.

My advice is different than doing that ^. My advice: be more choosey regarding whom you pay such immense loads of unconditional respect just because the man has a rank. If you respect the rank, use according standards to judge who deserve it and who not. If you let every dirtbag hold that rank and make it possible by your obedience, you respect that rank NOT, and hold it in no esteem, obviously.

Because every rank gets ruined in the end, if if is claimed by people making too much abuse of it, or are too incompetent to fill it, and do too much damage due to this. And Trump must be one of the biggest abusers there ever were in America's history. And he is not yet done with America.
I think you're going a little OTT in your comparison.
Quote:
I've not alluded to any of that but merely a fundamental principle I hold dear in life for the reasons I have already stated.

Trump has not done me or those in my life I care about any harm and if I'm being totally honest here I would say he's actually been a source of entertainment in some ways but who amongst us couldn't say the same of a great many world leaders and politicians around the world?

I'll stick to my principles thanks, I'm quite happy with that.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 12-03-20, 10:34 AM   #11595
Skybird
Soaring

We must disagree there. Because my principle is that trust is not mandatory, and never should be given by rule only, but that it must be deserved. It is an empirically validated confidence in the man, based on his performance record in the past. Trust isnothing that just can be claimed, like a formality. It is no formality, it must be earned.

Same with respect.

To give trust in advance and in absence of such past records, is not trust, but a gamble: one takes a risk and hopes that fate will not take revenge for it, that one gets away with playing risky.

Therefore, when deciding whether I trust somebody and respect somebody or not, his ranks and clothings play absolutely no role for me. I can respect somebody who has no name and hold no rank and wears no crown, and I can disrespect somebody who wears a polished uniform and holds a long title.

The deed is what counts. The consequences caused by somebody, count. Politics is filled with apes wearing fancy dresses and being too full of themselves. And the world pays heavy tolls and prices for that. Again, and again, and again. Thats a dominant motive in history. Its discouraging.

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter