SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-13-20, 06:34 PM   #1141
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

Same thing here in Australia, who knows why!! I suppose if they die of the virus they will at least have clean butts!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 06:39 PM   #1142
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Same thing here in Australia, who knows why!! I suppose if they die of the virus they will at least have clean butts!!
I am really angry at these selfish bastards.

Quote:
Coronavirus: Why are people panic buying and why toilet paper?
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...paper-11952397
So it could be people are getting ready for the end of the world.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 03-13-20 at 06:51 PM.
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 06:42 PM   #1143
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Shinra View Post
That means more arrogance is required! *gets his military grade thin cigarettes and beret before grabbing August to a art cinema for fifteen hours of gazel-naving philosophical movies which will be paused ever eight point five seconds to start a commentary based on the latest artistic fad followed by a mandatory strike*

Won't help I just watched Jean Renoirs Grand Illusion, in French, entirely of my own free will.

Quote:
(I won't get upstaged by the Germans!)
Unless they invade again...
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 07:10 PM   #1144
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Neal, still no bog paper any where around here.

Why are stupid people buying up tons of bog paper? Some one in the UK please tell me as there is no evidence COVID-19 gives you the trots.
Feeling itchy? I almost dont dare to ask - but since when haven't you been able to clean yourself?
Old 03-13-20, 08:29 PM   #1145
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:

Why are stupid people buying up tons of bog paper? Some one in the UK please tell me as there is no evidence COVID-19 gives you the trots.
Subscribe to a daily newspaper. Problem solved.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 08:36 PM   #1146
Traveller
Captain

US ventilator manufacturers still not ramping up production.
Quote:
American companies that manufacture ventilators are not yet ramping up production in anticipation of an influx of coronavirus patients — at least, not yet — but several told Breitbart News on Friday that they could do so quickly. “There may be a surge in demand. It hasn’t happened yet,” said Eli Crawford, sales manager at Allied Health Care Products, Inc., in St. Louis.

There are relatively few companies that produce ventilators, but several are based in the U.S., and they can likely be produced locally if needed in an emergency.

Crawford noted that his company’s ventilators are manufactured in the U.S., with locally-sourced components, meaning the company is largely insulated from possible supply chain disruptions in China.

He also said that production could be ramped up quickly — provided employees were not under quarantine.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...roduction-yet/

There may be a surge in demand? Gee, ya think?

Bill Gates suddenly steps down from both Microsoft and Berkshire Hathaway boards.
Quote:
Microsoft announced on Friday that Bill Gates is leaving the board, effective Friday. Gates is also stepping down from his position on the board of Berkshire Hathaway.

“I have made the decision to step down from both of the public boards on which I serve – Microsoft and Berkshire Hathaway – to dedicate more time to philanthropic priorities including global health and development, education, and my increasing engagement in tackling climate change,” Gates said on LinkedIn.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/13/bill...oft-board.html

Now this is an ominous sign. I'm sure he's warming up his private jet at this very minute, ready to head for a secret bunker on some private island.

Last edited by Traveller; 03-13-20 at 09:01 PM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 08:41 PM   #1147
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Subscribe to a daily newspaper. Problem solved.
But wouldnt one prefer to get loo paper clean and not already full of sh!t?
Old 03-13-20, 08:58 PM   #1148
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
You do it right now - worshipping the carricature of a president and a leader with serious psychological and personality disorders.
And dont fool yourself. The failings and budget cuts of Trump and his cracking down on the CDC in past years will and must cost many of your citizens their lives - that under a different, less incompetent regime they maybe would have saved.

But march on little tin soldier, one, two, three, four, always march on, blind and loyal, three and four... Illusions justify every means.
Without delving into the politics too deeply in this virus thread, I believe from interacting with Trump supporters in my area, the allegiance is actually stronger to opposing the Virtue signalling, social justice warrior, "tax us and take care of us" liberals more than Trump. It just happens that Trump is the standard bearer in a way no other conservative or Republican had the vision or guts to be.

Quote:

Oh man, I'm sorry. Hang in there, it's just a matter of time, you have to know the owners of the TP factories are anxious to get more product out there to sell. Check with a neighbor, see if they will trade some TP for something you have a surplus of... hell, tell them I'm send them a SUBSIM cap.

Quote:
Now this is an ominous sign. I'm sure he's warming up his private jet at this very minute, ready to head for a secret bunker on some private island.
No, no, no, come on, now. Bill Gates has shown he is a solid humanitarian, let's not start any conspiracy stuff that denigrates the man.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 09:22 PM   #1149
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal
No, no, no, come on, now. Bill Gates has shown he is a solid humanitarian, let's not start any conspiracy stuff that denigrates the man.
Just a little joke. Wasn't trying to denigrate him. I've always liked Bill Gates. Very smart guy. But it does show that he is very concerned about becoming infected.

Italian actor pleads for help after sister dies from coronavirus.
Quote:
An actor who appeared on Italian mafia crime drama Gomorrah was forced to plead for help on Facebook after being trapped with his sister's dead body for 36 hours while quarantined at his Naples home over coronavirus fears.

Luca Franzese, who played a member of the 'sciarmante' gang in mob TV show Gomorrah, has released a series of impassioned videos, appealing for funeral services to pick up the corpse of his sister, Teresa Franzese, 47, who tested positive for the coronavirus after her death on Saturday.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dead-body.html

Very sad.

France confirms 800 new cases on Friday. Largest daily increase so far.
Quote:
The number of coronavirus cases in France jumped by 800 from Thursday to Friday, French Health Minister Olivier Veran said at a news conference.

A dramatic jump: Just a few days ago, France was reporting about 200 cases a day, which had already been enough to raise alarm of an outbreak in the country.

France now has 3,661 cases nationwide and 79 deaths, according to the health ministry and Johns Hopkins University & Medicine.
https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-n...hnk/index.html

Here's one of Chris Martensen's most notable videos, which is from February 10. Worth watching again if you haven't already.

John Hopkins University: There are currently between 50,000 and 500,000 infected in the US.

Also, here's a comment I came across posted on Chris Martenson's latest video. Anectdotal and cannot be verified, but not surprising if true, because this virus is killing many younger, healthy people too:
Quote:
my sister’s best friend works at the massive hospital in Paris. Over 20 dead : 20-30 yo, in good health. But they are not allowed to report it.

Last edited by Traveller; 03-14-20 at 03:03 AM.
Old 03-14-20, 02:49 AM   #1150
Rufus Shinra
Soundman

Location: The land of the free with a glorious military history (France)
Downloads: 14

Yeah, the 'not allowed to report it' nonsense is the usual fare of trolls and conspiracy theory script writers. We've seen this every damn time, supposedly a close relative working here or there not allowed to report the 'terrifying reality'. Pro-tip, though: if your conspiracy theory relies on the bloody French to be blindly obeying their government without exception even when it's stupid, I'd recommend you to open a History book and to look the actual reason why Paris has such wide boulevards.

Literally because the Parisians kept building barricades in their streets during their riots that were strong enough to repel cavalry charges and cannon fire, thus the government needed streets large enough to make such barricades much harder to build.

As Nazi Germany forces discovered in 1944, however, it was still not enough to keep angry Parisians under control, even with tanks.

This is also the reason why, unlike in any other city here, the Parisian police is not under the control of the mayor but of a police prefect directly named by the President, since the city is a revolutionary hotbed and has been so for centuries.

So... yeah, silly rumours are silly. That kind of stuff would leak out in hours and would cause the end of the government, once again. Keep in mind that, here, we don't really care about having been ruled by the same text for centuries: if a political system fails hard enough, we go down in the streets and boot it out of power to replace it with another.
Rufus Shinra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 03:02 AM   #1151
Traveller
Captain

Rufus, there is no great big scary 'conspiracy theory'. Like I said, it is anecdotal and cannot be verified. But I would not be surprised if those deaths were true. Anyway, you've been trolling this thread for the past couple of days and I really could care less what you think.

Australia already running out of PPE and test kits.
Quote:
Stocks of coronavirus test kits have run out in parts of Australia -- and supplies elsewhere are running low, the government's chief medical officer has warned.

Dr. Brendan Murphy addressed fellow healthcare professionals in an open letter, posted to the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners' website.

"Unfortunately, the extreme pressure on our personal protective equipment (PPE) stocks continues, and the situation regarding pathology test kits, reagents and swabs is deteriorating rapidly, with kits no longer being available in some regions of the country," he wrote.
https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-n...hnk/index.html

Last edited by Traveller; 03-14-20 at 04:07 AM.
Old 03-14-20, 03:52 AM   #1152
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
But wouldnt one prefer to get loo paper clean and not already full of sh!t?

Old 03-14-20, 06:27 AM   #1153
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Scientists are hopeful they are on the verge of developing a vaccine for the covid-19 strain of coronavirus.

Researchers at Imperial College London say they have already successful tested the treatment on mice and may be able to start human trials by June.

However it would probably be a year before it was available for patients, the research team, led by Mucosal Infection and Immunity head Dr Robin Shattock, said.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...id=mailsignout

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 06:30 AM   #1154
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

A year!! Imagine how bad things will be by then!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 06:45 AM   #1155
Rufus Shinra
Soundman

Location: The land of the free with a glorious military history (France)
Downloads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
A year!! Imagine how bad things will be by then!
Pro-tip: a vaccine designed in a year would break many records of development speed. We're not in a bad movie or series, there's no vaccine around the corner for this.
Rufus Shinra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan