SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-18-13, 11:33 AM   #1126
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echolot View Post
Hello Silent Steel.

What type of cpu is working in your computer? I've read somewhere about problems with some games when using AMD FX cpus.

Hi Echo

It's an nVidia GeForce GTX 690
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-13, 12:02 PM   #1127
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567

Hi Silent Steel.

I meant CPU, not GPU. (Intel i5/7, AMD Phenom etc.).

Regards.

Echolot.
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-13, 12:57 PM   #1128
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Hi DrJones

I tried to use your UI several times since it was released and every time after the update..
Each time I have the same issues.. I see that picture every time after leaving any station, no matter what I use to leave the station Esc or x button on the left hand bar -

And when I want to reload the game after this error I have this error message and CTD -

I had seen earlier in the thread posts with such issues, but I thought that you already fixed them.. no.. with each new update the same..
Hey Mate,

last night i was able to reproduce the error you had in the 2nd shot...i made some changes in the script and now there are no Errors if you go back to the main menu...loading the game again...did this several times...after that i was able to quit the game without any Errors and exception....that for this one.

That the dials still stand after leaving the scopes also apearts to me after several test to get them...i will have a look at the code..

Best Regards

DrJones
DrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-13, 12:58 PM   #1129
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
I'm right now doing my 6th reinstall since I first started trying to get the Parts Magui 3.01 to run properly.

The issues I've had I already posted - you know, the crew standing with arms spread out...
Even if I deactivate the Parts Magui the crew remains standing there. The only way to get out of this is to do a reinstall. At least what I've found so far.

Another funny thing that might be a problem is that every time I reinstall the program tells me that my GPU driver is outdated...
It's not! It's the latest nVidia driver for my GeForce GTX 690. I'm lost here - I have tried with other, older drivers but the outcome is the same. The crew simply remains standing there
Could anyone recommend a reliable nVidia driver, please?

Each time SH5 is reinstalled I patch it and do a test run. Always OK.
Then - when I load either Parts Magui v3.01, with or without the patch - no change, that stubborn crew just disobeys orders.

As I'm suspecting my JSGME might be playing games with me I'm gonna look for a new one. Could anyone give a link for a good download?

With 16Gb RAM and that GPU, Win7 64 Bits there shouldn't be any issues whatsoever.
Hey Mate,

i have no idea why this happens to you....

Best Regards

DrJones
Old 06-18-13, 01:22 PM   #1130
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
I'm right now doing my 6th reinstall since I first started trying to get the Parts Magui 3.01 to run properly.

Another funny thing that might be a problem is that every time I reinstall the program tells me that my GPU driver is outdated...
It's not! It's the latest nVidia driver for my GeForce GTX 690. I'm lost here - I have tried with other, older drivers but the outcome is the same. The crew simply remains standing there

Could anyone recommend a reliable nVidia driver, please? With 16Gb RAM and that GPU, Win7 64 Bits there shouldn't be any issues whatsoever.
I've had very weird problems happen with drivers, mods and the vanilla stock version now and then. Sounds like your new install has some driver file errors on the harddrive or registry errors dealing with nVidia driver for my GeForce GTX 690.

The following suggestions, which are similar to what I have done below, has solved driver or mod soup or vanilla CTD issues for me when I have felt like screaming or pulling my teeth.

In your case, maybe there are some registry errors for SH5, or GeForce GTX 690. Delete registry data about nVidia driver for GeForce GTX 690. Repatched to game version 1.2? After uninstalling the game and clearing registry of suggestion made above, have you completed shutdown computer, then started computer? Registry is not totally reset then if doing a reinstall during same session or even a restart. Hard drive platters need to totally stop moving. Driver Sweeper (freeware or shareware) works for clearing up old driver issues. Old version still works for me, newer version with another company buyout is available now at price.

Most subsimmers, including me, have installed to a folder other than c:\program files(x86) due to administrative issues. Before reinstalling the game, have you made sure there is no sh5 files left in previous install folder? If leftover files are newer versions from old install, SH5 will not overwrite these versions with the new reinstall.

Some subsimmers were having a wake issue with Nvidia cards, too, and CTD happened. Sober wrote about this somewhere in the last 2 weeks.

Disable all JSGME mods, make sure nothing is left in the mods\!backup or mods\!log folders

Quote:
As I'm suspecting my JSGME might be playing games with me I'm gonna look for a new one. Could anyone give a link for a good download?
JSGME download Both JSGME files found in subsim download\utilities section

JSGME user guide pdf
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-13, 01:53 PM   #1131
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

DrJones the menu text it's fixet ?
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-13, 02:31 PM   #1132
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
DrJones the menu text it's fixet ?
Not yet...trying to fix some other Problems now...

maybe later...tomorrow i hope...

Regards

DrJones
Old 06-18-13, 11:24 PM   #1133
dasboot01
Watch

Downloads: 911
Default lawyers rather than play with a u boat because they are still studying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
I am struck by such statements!
In the case of sh5 ubisoft and it sounds ridiculous and unfair!
How can claim to have been done by proxy?
Ubisoft threw a crude product market, full of errors and omissions. Simply put - very low-quality product that does not meet the stated advertising. Moreover - ubisoft refused to support the product and stubbornly unwilling to correct its own deficiencies. But getting paid for this alpha version they do not give up and never give up! Ubisoft does not want to fix bugs but the game continues to get paid for it. Modders have thrown all their energies to eliminate errors. If after that ubisoft claim to modders products and more - will try to capitalize on this money - that's where it will be the highest injustice!
What kind of rights in this case is all about? Issue as some made product and receive dividends from a grant work by modders? No doubt about it - very clever! We say - "insolence - the second happiness!"
Suppose first that ubisoft will make a quality product, and then demanding money and the right to food modders!
Something like this. That is my opinion.
ubi launched an unfinished game ... thanks to the hard work the Moders this game now is a great game ... Lawyers and other species do not bother and go rob the roads with Ubi
Thanks all moders and TheDarkWraith
dasboot01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-13, 07:57 AM   #1134
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echolot View Post
Hi Silent Steel.

I meant CPU, not GPU. (Intel i5/7, AMD Phenom etc.).

Regards.

Echolot.

Intel Core i7-4770K
Old 06-19-13, 08:32 AM   #1135
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
I've had very weird problems happen with drivers, mods and the vanilla stock version now and then. Sounds like your new install has some driver file errors on the harddrive or registry errors dealing with nVidia driver for my GeForce GTX 690.

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your suggestions
I've just now cleared all registry data on the nVidia driver and will now go on with next reinstall...

First thing after a reinstall I always patch (weird though that sometimes during the install the program tells me that it's patching... but when I enter the main menu SH5 isn't patched...
so, I usually patch using the C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe)

You're right - I've forgotten to reboot after uninstall...
I always make sure the C:\Users\Documents\SH5 folder is deleted as well as the C:\Ubisoft folder before sweeping the drive (CCleaner)

I'll follow your advice and install to another, new folder.
Then launch SH5 for a test run before installing JSGME and check - then install JSGME and load Parts Magui 3.01

Just wanna mention it again, can't be told too many times - Webster's 'How to Fix Mod Soup Issues' has proven to be reliable in many cases (even if it wasn't the answer to the question in my current case)
Could be useful for other mates around to know before going ballistic.

Thanks for the JSGME link

Cross fingers
Old 06-19-13, 09:23 AM   #1136
dasboot01
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
Im thinking about setting up a mission in SH campaign where you have to hunt down a passenger ship full with politicians and lawyers. I suppose nobody will have anything against such a mission.

Sorry for offtopic.
si usted crea esa mision yo sere el primero en probar y darme el gusto de hundir unos cuantos barcos llenos de esas especies.: Har:
Old 06-19-13, 02:45 PM   #1137
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasboot01 View Post
si usted crea esa mision yo sere el primero en probar y darme el gusto de hundir unos cuantos barcos llenos de esas especies.: Har:
can u translate pls
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-13, 07:19 PM   #1138
dasboot01
Watch

Default translated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
can u translate pls
If you create this mission I'll be the first to try and treat myself to sink a few ships full of these species: Yeah:
(excuse my English is very basic): Abajo:
Old 06-20-13, 11:28 AM   #1139
Captain73
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi DrJones
Can you be interested? In patch Parts Magui Patch 3.02 I replaced the sound of opening a torpedo.
Torpedorohr_wird_geflutet -became louder. The sound of water filling in the torpedo tube.
http://yadi.sk/d/7MD6Y8ZH60tVe

Torpedorohr_wird_geoeffnet -completely different sound. The sound of the door opening torpedo tubes.
http://yadi.sk/d/reChqUFn60tJw

I ran into the same problem mentioned by volodya61!

And the last question .... When, finally, will be turned off outer chamber at 100% realism of the game?
Old 06-20-13, 01:41 PM   #1140
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain73 View Post
Hi DrJones
Can you be interested? In patch Parts Magui Patch 3.02 I replaced the sound of opening a torpedo.
Torpedorohr_wird_geflutet -became louder. The sound of water filling in the torpedo tube.
http://yadi.sk/d/7MD6Y8ZH60tVe

Torpedorohr_wird_geoeffnet -completely different sound. The sound of the door opening torpedo tubes.
http://yadi.sk/d/reChqUFn60tJw

I ran into the same problem mentioned by volodya61!

And the last question .... When, finally, will be turned off outer chamber at 100% realism of the game?
1. give me the sounds in the normal volume...youo made them so loud that they are scatching a Little bit...i can controll the volume by code

2. the problerm volodya61 is in Clearing
the Problem of the exception ending the game also came to me..but not in the full Screen Resolution 1920* 1080 while testing the game in 1600 * 900 i got it two times as i am working on this mod....

3. the outer chamber will be deactivated in the next relaese...

Best Regards

DrJones