Old 11-02-23, 02:57 PM   #11356
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...187-3/fulltext

Summary

Background

Although the long-term health effects of COVID-19 are increasingly recognised, the societal restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic hold the potential for considerable detriment to cognitive and mental health, particularly because major dementia risk factors—such as those related to exercise and dietary habits—were affected during this period. We used longitudinal data from the PROTECT study to evaluate the effect of the pandemic on cognition in older adults in the UK.

Methods

For this longitudinal analysis, we used computerised neuropsychology data from individuals aged 50 years and older participating in the PROTECT study in the UK. Data were collected from the same participants before the COVID-19 pandemic (March 1, 2019–Feb 29, 2020) and during its first (March 1, 2020–Feb 28, 2021) and second (March 1, 2021–Feb 28, 2022) years. We compared cognition across the three time periods using a linear mixed-effects model. Subgroup analyses were conducted in people with mild cognitive impairment and in people who reported a history of COVID-19, and an exploratory regression analysis identified factors associated with changes in cognitive trajectory.

Findings

Pre-pandemic data were included for 3142 participants, of whom 1696 (54·0%) were women and 1446 (46·0%) were men, with a mean age of 67·5 years (SD 9·6, range 50–96). Significant worsening of executive function and working memory was observed in the first year of the pandemic across the whole cohort (effect size 0·15 [95% CI 0·12–0·17] for executive function and 0·51 [0·49–0·53] for working memory), in people with mild cognitive impairment (0·13 [0·07–0·20] and 0·40 [0·36–0·47]), and in people with a history of COVID-19 (0·24 [0·16–0·31] and 0·46 [0·39–0·53]). Worsening of working memory was sustained across the whole cohort in the second year of the pandemic (0·47; 0·44–0·49). Regression analysis indicated that cognitive decline was significantly associated with reduced exercise (p=0·0049; executive function) and increased alcohol use (p=0·049; working memory) across the whole cohort, as well as depression (p=0·011; working memory) in those with a history of COVID-19 and loneliness (p=0·0038; working memory) in those with mild cognitive impairment. In the second year of the pandemic, reduced exercise continued to affect executive function across the whole cohort, and associations were sustained between worsening working memory and increased alcohol use (p=0·0040), loneliness (p=0·042), and depression (p=0·014) in those with mild cognitive impairment, and reduced exercise (p=0·0029), loneliness (p=0·031) and depression (p=0·036) in those with a history of COVID-19.

Interpretation

The COVID-19 pandemic resulted in a significant worsening of cognition in older adults, associated with changes in known dementia risk factors. The sustained decline in cognition highlights the need for public health interventions to mitigate the risk of dementia—particularly in people with mild cognitive impairment, in whom conversion to dementia within 5 years is a substantial risk. Long-term intervention for people with a history of COVID-19 should be considered to support cognitive health.
Old 11-03-23, 12:32 PM   #11357
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-23, 05:57 AM   #11358
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-09-23, 05:30 AM   #11359
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-11-23, 12:06 PM   #11360
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-14-23, 05:17 AM   #11361
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-14-23, 07:19 AM   #11362
Skybird
Soaring

The system is designed to be broken. Its intentional. Healthy people are a threat to profits.

mRNA is a much hoped-for next goldrush. Anything putting the technology into doubt is being surpressed. Maybe Covid was designed to break a stalemate becasue the pharma companies tried for over ten years and completely in vein to get permission of regulators to use this technology. But the safety concerns were immense and permission was always denied. I think they maybe have used the SARS-Cov-2 virus as a door kicker to bury regulators under the door, flat on the ground then.

I will never accept an mRNA vaccine of any sort again in my life. As far as I understood the problem with the spike protein, and understood the idea behind mRNA, and that these two are also linked, makes me concluding that the technology is neither safe, nor controllable.

Last edited by Skybird; 11-15-23 at 12:24 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-23, 10:51 AM   #11363
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

It's certainly food for thought.

Old 11-15-23, 07:05 AM   #11364
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-19-23, 09:52 AM   #11365
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Scientists set to expose chaos and disagreement in UK government at Covid inquiry

Explosive evidence about the tensions and disagreements between the then prime minister Boris Johnson, his ministers and the country’s top scientific advisers at key moments during the Covid-19 pandemic is expected to be made public this week at the official inquiry into the crisis. On Monday, Sir Patrick Vallance, the government’s former chief scientific adviser – whose incendiary private diary entries are being quoted selectively at the inquiry – will give evidence at an all-day session on Monday that looks certain to cast new light on the chaos in government as the virus swept across the globe.

Prof Chris Whitty, the chief medical officer for England, will make an all-day appearance on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday, Prof Jonathan Van-Tam, the former deputy chief medical officer, and the current chief scientific adviser, Prof Dame Angela McLean – who described the-then chancellor Rishi Sunak as “Dr Death” in the weeks following the Treasury- inspired “eat out to help out” scheme in August 2020 – will appear before the inquiry.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...2bb90277&ei=13

Old 11-20-23, 06:39 AM   #11366
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-21-23, 09:03 AM   #11367
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Can't honestly say I'm surprised.

Quote:
Johnson and Sunak were happy to let people die from Covid, inquiry hears

Boris Johnson wanted to let Covid “rip” despite the fact people would die, while Rishi Sunak also thought that was “okay”, the public inquiry has heard.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...48a0d29c&ei=24

Old 11-23-23, 05:56 AM   #11368
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-25-23, 06:35 AM   #11369
Skybird
Soaring

The EMA (European Medicine Agency) drops a bomb - and governments mercilessly try to cover it under a thick layer of icy silence. Criminal scum. SCUM.

https://reitschuster-de.translate.go..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Never, never ever will trust in this criminal syndicate be restored on my side.
Old 11-25-23, 08:15 AM   #11370
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Certainly some food for thought there

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan