Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-20, 06:30 PM   #11281
VipertheSniper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

the trouble with that mindset is that you only have 2 parties that realistically have a shot at governing, so where does that leave you? Holding those grudges forever and going to ever greater extremes to spite the "other"? Somebody needs to make a start somewhere to get back to something resembling a middle ground.
Old 11-11-20, 06:51 PM   #11282
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Obviously both parties have to go through a process of transformation:

The GOP has to realize that small state, neoliberal tax and money system, guns, no abortion, evangelical christianity, and creationism (pick at least 3) is not enough to make America great again. The recipes of the past simply do not work anymore. The American Dream is dead.

The DEMs have to realize that identity politics kills democracy. They have to come up with a new narrative that provides a set of ideas of how to deal with new emerging super powers, how to stop immiseration of a ever growing portion of the population, and accept that these ideas will be called communism by the usual idiots.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Old 11-12-20, 01:07 AM   #11283
Torvald Von Mansee
Sea Lord

Downloads: 3

I thought this was rather interesting:

https://jspp.psychopen.eu/article/view/750/html
Old 11-12-20, 02:08 AM   #11284
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Do we have to wear masks?

I just got a new Iron Maiden Aces High Eddie mask, I'm ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Oh yeah right Ferret.
Not old school enough, I remember when he was a wee ostrich.

Last edited by nikimcbee; 11-12-20 at 02:31 AM.
Old 11-12-20, 04:44 AM   #11285
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipertheSniper View Post
the trouble with that mindset is that you only have 2 parties that realistically have a shot at governing, so where does that leave you? Holding those grudges forever and going to ever greater extremes to spite the "other"? Somebody needs to make a start somewhere to get back to something resembling a middle ground.
Very much this.
Old 11-12-20, 06:52 AM   #11286
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Stomps-with-his-feet continues to sabotage transition to president-elect whereever he can.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/11/p...ges/index.html

Instead of Hydroxicloroquine his drugger should set him on Paliperidon, me thinks.

With Pompeo another escaped psychiatric patient has been identified in the WH hospital. Suffering from severe reality distortion and episodes of delusion, his mind lives in an alternate fantasy world where Trump has won the election! Poor dog, I hope he finds the treatment he needs. And take those Philip K. Dick books away from the patient.
Old 11-12-20, 09:03 AM   #11287
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Posted by an American I know who actually voted for Trump

Quote:
It now seems as if the Dictator's henchmen---presumably on his orders---are blocking Biden from seeing correspondence offering congratulations from foreign leaders which were sent to the State Department. How small and petty. Also, government funds that are traditionally given to the POTUS'-elect's transition team are being withheld--to make things tougher on them and Biden is not being allowed to get the daily intelligence briefings that all newly elected POTUS have always had access to because it's important for them to know what's going on so they can react quickly in the case of emergency once they assume office. I assume that next year the Orange Man will whine and cry if he's left off Biden's Christmas card list---"How unfair, how unfair---sob, sob". I can hear it now.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 11-12-20, 09:51 AM   #11288
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Oh yes, can't agree more. Although I am perfectly willing to start fresh right now, give Biden a fair chance, and see if we can get this country back on track.
Sure, I'll give Biden a far shake. He has a lot to fix that his party assisted in breaking in the past 4 years. I'm not talking about policy either.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 11-12-20 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-12-20, 09:53 AM   #11289
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Posted by an American I know who actually voted for Trump
Quote:
It now seems as if the Dictator's henchmen---presumably on his orders---are blocking Biden from seeing correspondence offering congratulations from foreign leaders which were sent to the State Department. How small and petty. Also, government funds that are traditionally given to the POTUS'-elect's transition team are being withheld--to make things tougher on them and Biden is not being allowed to get the daily intelligence briefings that all newly elected POTUS have always had access to because it's important for them to know what's going on so they can react quickly in the case of emergency once they assume office.
Don't believe any of this.
Old 11-12-20, 10:37 AM   #11290
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Can't find the word I need in this statement.

You, my American friends take this voting very serious. The responsibility you feel for you county is so massive that you even do your duty after you have died.

I take my hat of in respect.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 11-12-20, 10:48 AM   #11291
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Lol
Just in case you are not joking, where is your evidence? Trump says so?

"Trump's refusal to concede has prompted senior officials across the government to spread word that any cooperation with Biden's team is forbidden, officials at agencies and the White House said. The President's budget office is continuing to advise agencies to prepare submissions for Trump's upcoming budget proposal as if nothing is changing, people familiar with the plans said.

The White House, while offering little formal or explicit guidance, has nonetheless made known throughout the federal government that no steps should be taken that would imply Trump lost the election, according to people familiar with the matter.

The nation's top diplomat [what? lol] , Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, refused to accept Biden's victory as President-elect during remarks at the State Department. Instead, he said there would be "a smooth transition to a second Trump administration."

Can't make this up

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 11-12-20, 11:03 AM   #11292
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Biden is not the POTUS yet ... so who cares?

Still waiting for the governor of each state to receive the final count from it's elected college electoral votes that are suppose to go to the victor, but that won't be till December 14th and even then Biden is not the POTUS.

The next step is for the governor of each state has to report to Congress it's final count January 6th and Biden still is not the POTUS until he is sworn in on January 20th 2021 and then he will be come the next POTUS.

Until then President Trump can do all and anything that he wants to do ... so quit your crying and your self righteousness and see that the fat lady has not had her turn yet.

How fat is Hillary anyway?

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 11-12-20, 11:16 AM   #11293
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^^ It has been in the news here, where they talked about registret votes who in fact was dead.
Hearing this i remember thinking..the Americans is taking the word duty to a whole new level.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 11-12-20, 11:18 AM   #11294
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

And if after all the recounting and such Biden still wins then what? I doubt Trump will concede defeat.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 11-12-20, 11:21 AM   #11295
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
And if after all the recounting and such Biden still wins then what? I doubt Trump will concede defeat.
Trump will concede. But I don't blame the guy for requesting investigations. This is nothing new in the large scheme of things.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter