Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-19, 05:43 AM   #11131
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage has warned Prime Minister Boris Johnson not to return from Brussels with Theresa May's "reheated deal".

At a rally in London, he said the Tories will "lose votes to us" in "huge numbers" when voters "realise nothing has changed" if they keep that deal.

He then criticised Labour's "policy of uncontrolled mass immigration".

The party also unveiled some policy plans, but little detail, including scrapping HS2 and inheritance tax.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49859818
I'm genuinely surprised they have any other policy plans other than Brexit

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-19, 07:17 AM   #11132
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I'm genuinely surprised they have any other policy plans other than Brexit
I would say that about the whole bloody useless lot of them, all clueless dimwits.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 09-28-19, 07:23 AM   #11133
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Rumour has it there could be a no-confidence vote early next week
Looks like it may be on...

This will be a close one as this will come down to the tory rebels. I suspect the LibDems will not take part in the vote knowing the nameless one could take over.

Quote:
A vote of no confidence in the government aimed at replacing Boris Johnson as prime minister could be held next week, a senior SNP MP has said.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland...itics-49863544

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 09-28-19, 07:59 AM   #11134
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Police are investigating after Nigel Farage told an audience in Newport "we'll take the knife" to civil servants after Brexit.

Dozens of complaints have been made to Gwent Police about comments by Brexit Party leader Mr Farage made at an event at the Neon Theatre in the city, believed to have been last Saturday.

In a video recorded at the gathering, Mr Farage says: "And when the president of the port of Calais and the boss of the port of Dover tell you they're 100% ready for Brexit in whatever form it comes, I suggest we listen to them and not the overpaid pen pushers in Whitehall who are not doing an neutral job.

"And once Brexit's done, we'll take the knife to them. Alright? Had enough of all of it. Had enough of all of it."
https://news.sky.com/story/police-in...shers-11821630
He must be competing against Boris for the title of who can be the most outspoken, surely.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-19, 08:32 AM   #11135
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Police are investigating after Nigel Farage told an audience in Newport "we'll take the knife" to civil servants after Brexit.
So bloody what! For flips sake he is not going to do that for real he is talking about reducing numbers if he ever was in a position to do that. The police should tell these people there are real crimes being committed and these silly complaints are tying up their time and resources.

I heard at work...I like to shoot the whole bloody lot of them. Should I report that remark? NO...Common sense is the correct thing.

Old 09-28-19, 09:24 AM   #11136
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Precisely

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-28-19, 12:07 PM   #11137
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Same with Count Dankula and the Nazi pug, Jo Brand and the battery acid,
Both clearly just jokes, but police 'investigated them'.
What a time to be alive.

Last edited by JU_88; 09-28-19 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-29-19, 05:00 AM   #11138
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Veteran Labour MP Dame Margaret Hodge has said she is "disappointed" to be facing a reselection contest in her east London constituency.

Dame Margaret, who is Jewish, has been critical of Jeremy Corbyn's leadership and the party's response to complaints of anti-Semitism.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49869114
Well well well don't tell me this has nothing to do with anti semitism because I'm not buying that for one second.

Quote:

Police say they will not be taking further action over comments made by Nigel Farage in a speech to supporters.

Gwent Police said they received complaints from the public after a video on social media showed the Brexit Party leader saying "we'll take the knife" to civil servants.

In a tweet, Alliance Party MEP Naomi Long suggested the address in Newport was a "an incitement to violence".

Police said the comments did not constitute a criminal offence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49865706
NOW THIS WASTE OF POLICE TIME AND MONEY IS OVER CAN THE POLICE GET BACK TO CATCHING CRIMINALS OR DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER WASTEFUL COMPLAINT?

Last edited by STEED; 09-29-19 at 05:10 AM.
Old 09-29-19, 05:19 AM   #11139
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quite frankly, I'm surprised the matter isn't being investigated.

Should a loop job act on such comments and attack someone with a knife then say they were simply carrying out a suggestion made by someone they supported....I think the dirt would hit the fan in the national press.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-29-19, 05:22 AM   #11140
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Well well well don't tell me this has nothing to do with anti semitism because I'm not buying that for one second.
The night of the long knives 21st century style.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-29-19, 10:31 AM   #11141
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The government has pledged billions for hospital projects across England, at the start of the Conservative party conference.

The plans include a £2.7bn investment for six hospitals over five years.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49867376
The first hand in the poker game has been dealt and next would should see Steptoe coming in with an increased offer.

It's alright politicians making claims pre-election but they should accompany said claims with properly costed explanations of where the money is coming from.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-30-19, 04:16 AM   #11142
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The chancellor has promised "a significant economic policy response" in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

Sajid Javid did not give details, but the BBC's Norman Smith said it could mean tax cuts and reduced interest rates to help mitigate the impact.

Mr Javid is setting out plans for infrastructure investment on the second day of the Tory conference.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49872190

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-30-19, 05:08 AM   #11143
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Opposition party leaders will meet for further talks in Westminster today while the Conservatives are away at their conference in a bid to ensure Boris Johnson cannot push through a no-deal Brexit.

The leaders are expected to discuss a plan by Liberal Democrat leader Jo Swinson to force the Prime Minister to go to Brussels to seek another Brexit delay as early as this weekend.

Parliament has already passed the so-called Benn Act requiring him to request a further extension to the Article 50 withdrawal process if he cannot get a new agreement by October 19.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexi...id=mailsignout
The tail is certainly now trying to wag the dog and all those onboard with what many will refer to as 'this treacherous lot' must surely reflect on the fact that all votes can be viewed publicly and will be remembered at the time of the next general election.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-30-19, 05:12 AM   #11144
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The state pension could rise by an inflation-busting four per cent next April, which would make the elderly better off by hundreds of pounds a year.

Anyone receiving a full state pension will be £351 better off over the course of the year, with payments increasing from £168 to £175.35 a week.

Currently the state pension is protected by the triple lock, introduced in 2011 by the coalition government, which ensures it increases by at least the same rate as the cost of living.

With the lock the state pension rises either by two and a half per cent a year, the rate of inflation or average wage growth, whichever is highest.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news...id=mailsignout
With less than four year to go "bring it on" I say

Jimbuna is online  
Old 09-30-19, 11:00 AM   #11145
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Chancellor Sajid Javid has pledged to raise the National Living Wage to £10.50 within the next five years.

He will also lower the age threshold for those who qualify from 25 to 21.

Speaking to a packed hall at the Tory Party Conference, Mr Javid said the policy would "help the next generation of go-getters to get ahead".

The current rate for over 25s is £8.21 - but the Living Wage Foundation says it should already be £9 across the UK and £10.55 for those in London.

Earlier this year, Labour pledged to raise the National Living Wage to £10 an hour in 2020 and to include all workers under 18 - who currently get a minimum wage of £4.35.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49881980
This is fast turning into a Dutch auction

Jimbuna is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics