Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-20, 04:03 PM   #11131
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

^ yes, i should have put it in quotation marks:

I thought in the US all "free healthcare" advocats are described as being communist and unpatriotic?

or even better
"... in the US advocats of universal, tax payer funded health care are called communists and unpatriotic."

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 11-08-20, 04:31 PM   #11132
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Leave it the way it is ... the government would just screw it up year after year till it was a boondoggle

https://www.census.gov/library/publi...o/p60-271.html

Quote:
In 2019, 8.0 percent of people, or 26.1 million, did not have health insurance at any point during the year, according to the CPS ASEC. The percentage of people with health insurance coverage for all or part of 2019 was 92.0 percent.

• Private health insurance coverage was more prevalent than public coverage, covering 68.0 and 34.1 percent of the population at some point during the year, respectively. Employment-based insurance was the most common subtype.

• In 2019, 9.2 percent of people, or 29.6 million, were not covered by health insurance at the time of interview, according to the ACS, up from 8.9 percent and 28.6 million.
Quote:
The percentage of people with Medicaid coverage at the time of interview decreased to 19.8 percent in 2019, down from 20.5 percent in 2018
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 11-08-20, 05:07 PM   #11133
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Again, I'm covered by the VA. Its a massive bureaucracy but it works.

If we can provide this coverage to former members of military, why can't we provide it for everyone? What makes me so special?

Think about this in practical terms. Let's say that next Spring we will need to test EVERYONE in the country for the virus within a one week period so we can control its spread. How can 500 different health care systems (with their own boards of directors and stockholders) step up to the plate? For the sake of the argument, we don't have a choice. We HAVE to test everyone on time. We can't afford to ignore it.
Old 11-08-20, 05:27 PM   #11134
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Yeah well i'm covered by the VA too and I disagree. Trump did institute some reforms but it wasn't that long ago that patients were literally dying before the VA would see them. It has a long way to go before it approaches the quality of of private civilian health care.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 11-08-20, 05:40 PM   #11135
ET2SN
ET2/SS

So, the reason these vets died was what, exactly?

Why didn't a private hospital step up and do the right thing?

Yeah, I know its unfair but you know why.
Old 11-08-20, 06:13 PM   #11136
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
So, the reason these vets died was what, exactly?

Their deaths were due to the bloated and inefficient VA bureaucracy that you seem so willing to abide.

Quote:
Why didn't a private hospital step up and do the right thing?

Yeah, I know its unfair but you know why.

Yeah I do. It's because they weren't asked to. The involvement of civilian health care was usually in the emergency room when the patients showed up already nearly dead from waiting for a VA appointment.

Old 11-08-20, 06:24 PM   #11137
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Sooooooooo... You're a patient of the VA because you know you can do better?

Old 11-08-20, 06:41 PM   #11138
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Sooooooooo... You're a patient of the VA because you know you can do better?

No I haven't been to the VA for myself since the early 1990's but I also took care of my retired Army father for 30 years while the Agent Orange he was exposed to in Vietnam slowly killed him. Is that still funny?

Old 11-08-20, 07:07 PM   #11139
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Sorry, I'm smart but I can't read minds.

Try shaking it off, like if I write "suppose Ayn Rand and Rush Limbaugh didn't sign the Declaration Of Independence", that doesn't mean they didn't sign it.
It means just suppose...
Old 11-08-20, 07:32 PM   #11140
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The reconciliator...

Good luck. I am very pessimistic. Major parts of his own party do not want it, the Republicans do not want it. The suicide squad presses him for policies unacceptable for conservatives, and thus will help to make the Dems unvotable in four years. The Republicans and Senate (if they get it) will let him starve.

Honestly said I think Joe Biden has no chance. I would like to be proven wrong over the next years.

I think it will not be different when Harris takes over. The election chances in four years will by far not be as good as they just have been.

Trump will not go away, I think. The big gorilla in the room, Romney called him. Many Republicans still are silent, only a few criticised him in past days. No good omen. The Republican wall will maybe not crumble before the demographics, ethnic development in the US has created realities that even the rigged election system, gerrymandering and the anger of the conservative can no longer bypass. These developements are working in favour for the left.

The next Trump, new or old, is only a question of time.
Old 11-08-20, 08:10 PM   #11141
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Its a very tricky question, and you shouldn't try to hang it all on Joe.

I have to accept the fact that in my county, 53% of the voters (half of the people I see at the store) chose to embrace and support a tyrant who wanted to destroy this country.

How do I resolve that? Maybe if I had more (or maybe less) character, I could try a blanket "forgive and forget" strategy? But, why would I want to reward that kind of thinking? No, it wasn't OK. Yes, it really mattered. We're still in the middle of a global pandemic where real leadership is very important.

I'm serious, I don't know how to resolve this.
Old 11-08-20, 09:37 PM   #11142
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Sorry, I'm smart but I can't read minds.

Try shaking it off, like if I write "suppose Ayn Rand and Rush Limbaugh didn't sign the Declaration Of Independence", that doesn't mean they didn't sign it.
It means just suppose...

You didn't use the word suppose. You made a flippantly rude comment. Now apologize or don't, I don't care, but don't try to weasel out of it. I know exactly what you meant.

Old 11-08-20, 10:11 PM   #11143
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Fine, you're a patient of the VA because you don't know any better. Happy now?
Old 11-08-20, 11:08 PM   #11144
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Fine, you're a patient of the VA because you don't know any better. Happy now?

Jerk.

Old 11-08-20, 11:28 PM   #11145
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364
Default Joe and Kamala a new Dawn for 2021

As a Republican i welcome this change. I hope the Donald will leave a gracefully
as MacArthur did.He will forever be known as the last
American citizen to be elected outside of the Political families that dominate America. Now that the Democrats have won i want to see how they will put their Jeannie's back in the bottle. I want to see how hope and change and love these two will bring to all Americans and the world. At the end of the first yr. will they bring back the coke commercial we are the world and hand's around the equator? Yes i want this why, cause i want the rest of the World to see the greatest Republic fall, Why take notice we let political families stay in power for year's and year's . There is no deep state here it all it's about the ruling families of each state . There is only 1 party in this country Left,Right their all the same. What they and those around this Planet see is over population. Just like the minks we must be culled. Tell me who in the world's leading family's has died of covid? Hell we haven't heard a damn thing out of China have we? not here in America no. So let's celebrate the bad Orange man is gone. And we will all see what we will get by destroying 1 man and his family cause he wasn't born into the Purple. End transmission.

Last edited by Gorpet; 11-09-20 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Oh by the way my parent's weren't rich enough to buy me a seat in any University in this country. No free for n
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter