SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-29-13, 12:06 PM   #10786
CPF
Watch

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermeister View Post
Decks awash is 7.5 to 8. That's the thign i'm not orderign decks awash im at FULl surfaced orders.I even Odered to blow the Ballast tanks just to make sure the boat goes as high as it can.It just dosent wanna sit at 5m its at 6.5 to 7 on calm seas. somthign is out of whack on the stalk game it din't do this.
Decks awash should be 7m, and it usually shows the depth under 7m. Fully surfaced is 6m, usually showing 5+. So it does seem like your sub is lower in the water than usual, making the problem with the gun even worse.
CPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-13, 12:11 PM   #10787
Dermeister
Mate

Downloads: 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPF View Post
Decks awash should be 7m, and it usually shows the depth under 7m. Fully surfaced is 6m, usually showing 5+. So it does seem like your sub is lower in the water than usual, making the problem with the gun even worse.
Indeed so now it's hard untill i RTB and get repaired to find out whats causing this.. Damage.. i have 0 flooding so i mean i don't know the seas i nthe weather report are calm i'm Dumbfounded by this issue i really don't know what more i cna do to help you help me. but it does seem like i'm not aloen reporting this. And this isint my frist time playing this game ive never had trouble with the gun like this b4. The only thing i cna think of thath as changed from the last tiem i played is the UI and the EXE patch.
Dermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-13, 12:18 PM   #10788
CPF
Watch

Downloads: 27

Quote:
Indeed so now it's hard untill i RTB and get repaired to find out whats causing this.. Damage.. i have 0 flooding so i mean i don't know the seas i nthe weather report are calm i'm Dumbfounded by this issue i really don't know what more i cna do to help you help me. but it does seem like i'm not aloen reporting this. And this isint my frist time playing this game ive never had trouble with the gun like this b4. The only thing i cna think of thath as changed from the last tiem i played is the UI and the EXE patch.
I don't have the patch installed, so maybe someone that does can verify whether it changes depth values for surfaced and decks awash. I know there are mods that do change where the sub sits in the water for more realistic experience in rough seas, and maybe more historical accuracy.
CPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-13, 03:11 PM   #10789
Dermeister
Mate

OK guys i'm back to port now and ive dissabled all the UI mods and all the EXE patcher mods and now my boat sits higher i nthe water now i can see the Anker at the front of the ship.. b4 it was fully submerged. So i'ts somthing defo i nthe Patcher or UI.

I will try to enable the UI with out the patcher and see. More to come

OK so it seems that it was the TDW exe patch.. i'm at port nowwith the UI eneabled and it still sits properly in the water. Now as for what specific option in the patcher causes this.. at this point i don't care ive had it up the ying yang of stuff not working so i just diecded to not enable the patcher at all. It seems it breaks more stuff than it fixes.

Last edited by Dermeister; 09-29-13 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-30-13, 04:06 AM   #10790
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Quote:
It seems it breaks more stuff than it fixes.
Of course Generic Patcher fix more stuff than braking them...
If installed correctly, all is fine and run without troubles.
Do not activate all the patches! Some of them can give CTDs on some rigs.
Try them one by one if needed!
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-13, 01:42 PM   #10791
Dermeister
Mate

Well i Havent had a single CTD so CTD's arnt my problem. But my stuff has ben behaving weirdly. As i nthe boat sits deeper lil things like that. But Just a heads up for the people still tryign to figure this out. I started a new patrole with the SH3 interface this time and the depth seems to be right whiel on the surface since i use the Needle instead of the enhanced interface. O_O so i dunno what i did to fix it but the sub behaves properly now O_O!

Last edited by Dermeister; 09-30-13 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-05-13, 06:31 PM   #10792
DannikJerriko
Swabbie

Downloads: 34
Default Dials not working

Hello everyone!

First, thanks alot to all the modders for their wonderful work.

Since i don't want to waste your time, now to the problem i got:

After one year of absence i wanted to play SH5 again. Last year i was playing with New UIs 6.9.0 and various other mods and everything was fine. Now i wanted to update to 7.4.2 and the problems started. I got CTDs (that can be a result of other, new mods though) and the round dials are missing. I guess i tried every solution i can think of, but no success so far:
Here's what i've done until now:

- unpacking (7-zip) the file again and recopying into the MODS folder
- downloading, unpacking and copying the files again
- disabling all mods and activating "NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith" only
- checking drivers and other system stuff for actual versions and updating them if possible
- today i uninstalled SH5 completely, deleted any remaining files (except Savegames), reinstalled it, patched it to 1.20 and launched it with no mods but "NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith" enabled

And still no success. The mod is obviosly working, the pictures of the officers, the bar with diary, radiolog and all the other stuff is where it should be, but still no dials. For the testing i use it with default setup, i only replaced the dials.dds and menu.txt (to the german one) before activating it via JSGME. The (unedited) TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py shows UIStyle=SH5Enhanced of course.

My system:
IntelCore2Duo E6850
8 GB of RAM
Geforce 8800 GTS 512
Windows 7 Professional 64bit

I doubt that any hardware components are damaged since the missing dials are the only problem at the moment.

Therefore any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
DannikJerriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-13, 02:08 AM   #10793
makiferol
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Where is 7.5.0 version of this mod which was suggested in Sober's mega mod ? All i can find is 7.4.2.
Old 10-06-13, 03:28 AM   #10794
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannikJerriko View Post
Hello everyone!

First, thanks alot to all the modders for their wonderful work.

Since i don't want to waste your time, now to the problem i got:

After one year of absence i wanted to play SH5 again. Last year i was playing with New UIs 6.9.0 and various other mods and everything was fine. Now i wanted to update to 7.4.2 and the problems started. I got CTDs (that can be a result of other, new mods though) and the round dials are missing. I guess i tried every solution i can think of, but no success so far:
Here's what i've done until now:

- unpacking (7-zip) the file again and recopying into the MODS folder
- downloading, unpacking and copying the files again
- disabling all mods and activating "NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith" only
- checking drivers and other system stuff for actual versions and updating them if possible
- today i uninstalled SH5 completely, deleted any remaining files (except Savegames), reinstalled it, patched it to 1.20 and launched it with no mods but "NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith" enabled

And still no success. The mod is obviosly working, the pictures of the officers, the bar with diary, radiolog and all the other stuff is where it should be, but still no dials. For the testing i use it with default setup, i only replaced the dials.dds and menu.txt (to the german one) before activating it via JSGME. The (unedited) TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py shows UIStyle=SH5Enhanced of course.

My system:
IntelCore2Duo E6850
8 GB of RAM
Geforce 8800 GTS 512
Windows 7 Professional 64bit

I doubt that any hardware components are damaged since the missing dials are the only problem at the moment.

Therefore any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
When faced with an issue like this - the only way forward is to uninstall all mods and then test TDWs UI only.
This way you will now if:-
  1. another mod was causing it
  2. default options setting work
  3. edited options setting work
Old 10-06-13, 03:29 AM   #10795
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by makiferol View Post
Where is 7.5.0 version of this mod which was suggested in Sober's mega mod ? All i can find is 7.4.2.
v7.4.2 is the current version

v7.5.0 is a test version - someone will post a link soon

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/download/52...t_Version12.7z
Old 10-06-13, 03:37 AM   #10796
makiferol
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
v7.4.2 is the current version

v7.5.0 is a test version - someone will post a link soon

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/download/52...t_Version12.7z
Is it safe to use it or we should expect some buggyness ?
Old 10-06-13, 04:03 AM   #10797
jibouil
Mate

Downloads: 173

hello,I can not seem to bring up the clock with the O button and command officers.I do not understand why ..I tried installing the new mod Ui TDC 7.5
jibouil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-13, 05:06 AM   #10798
DannikJerriko
Swabbie

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
When faced with an issue like this - the only way forward is to uninstall all mods and then test TDWs UI only.
This way you will now if:-
  1. another mod was causing it
  2. default options setting work
  3. edited options setting work
Thanks for the answer so far.

But after reinstalling the game i tried it with new UIs only. Result remains the same. The dials are missing. Now,after your message i even tried deleting all mods out of the MODS folder. Still no better result.

What i simply don't understand is why it was working with 6.9.0...
DannikJerriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-13, 06:54 AM   #10799
plj
Captain

Downloads: 70

From the newui's Dials folder:

Quote:
; Edited by TheDarkWraith for NewUIs_TDC_7_4_0
; Edited on 5/19/2013 @ 1730

select appropriate 'Dials.dds' (or use your own!) and place in 'MODS\NewUIs_TDC_7_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Menu\G ui'. Do this before enabling mod!
If there is a folder inside called 'TDC' then you have to copy the files in that folder to 'MODS\NewUIs_TDC_7_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Menu\G ui\TDC'. Do this before enabling mod!
Dunno if applicable ?
Quote:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/52...t_Version12.7z
plj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-13, 07:53 AM   #10800
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Is it safe to use it or we should expect some buggyness ?
It's a test version..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui