SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-27-23, 01:20 PM   #10786
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-23, 05:20 PM   #10787
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Possible that Jim has posted this video already, he posts many of Campbells videos, and also several on Vit-D. Still, I did not want to check pages and pages of this thread just for this and so just post it, may it be for the first time, or the repeated time.

As always my advice: taking Vitamine D should always mean taking Vit-D as well as Magnesium and Vit-K2 as well. Nothing wrong in daily doses of Vit-D in the range from 5,000-10,000 IUs.

Neither the pharmaceutical nor the food industry want you to be healthy or to eat healthy - both would mean they lose profits.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-27-23 at 05:33 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-23, 06:42 PM   #10788
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Possible that Jim has posted this video already, he posts many of Campbells videos, and also several on Vit-D. Still, I did not want to check pages and pages of this thread just for this and so just post it, may it be for the first time, or the repeated time.

As always my advice: taking Vitamine D should always mean taking Vit-D as well as Magnesium and Vit-K2 as well. Nothing wrong in daily doses of Vit-D in the range from 5,000-10,000 IUs.

Neither the pharmaceutical nor the food industry want you to be healthy or to eat healthy - both would mean they lose profits.
I found it quite helpful to read about what my body requires to function. Most of which is not found in processed foods, therefore eating what comes from nature is a priority and understanding what each food contributes is important too. The other thing to consider is your age, for example vitamin D. When I was younger it is said my body could convert the sun’s energy into suggested minimum values in 45 minutes or so of exposure. But as I get older the body doesn’t do as well on top of that not everyone gets outside enough. Which leads to supplements as a reasonable alternative. And water don’t forget to drink water it’s very important for in maintaining a good heart rhythm.

Most doctors would rather sell you the latest drug from a pharmaceutical company as a fix than tell you to eat well. Not knocking modern medicine, just look after yourself and find what your body needs to function. It might reduce your your time at a doctors office and that ever growing collection of pills on your night stand.

Remember, this life just a ride. Enjoy it, go out fangs out hair on fire!

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-27-23 at 08:09 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-23, 07:32 PM   #10789
Skybird
Soaring

At age 50-60 the skin produces a pre-form of Vit-D with just 25% of its former efficiency when we were young.

The liver sends a preform for the creation of cholesterol to the skin. There its gets BBQued with UV radiation which must have a minimum intensity of UV indices higher than 3. In Germany, the sun has no chance to reach such UV levels at around 7 months per year. Go figure.

Add to it former reduction by clothing, using sun blockers, working all day long in offices or some industrial halls. You can live in a high-sun-level region of Earth - and still not produce enough Vit-D due to your life style.

The skin is ready to produce under optimal conditions a maximum of around 20,000 IE per day. From then on it still does so, but at a dramatically reduced rate. So, here we have a biological limit as wlel as a likely hint to what amounts of Vit-D the body is ready to process, produce or consume per day. Thus I conclude that most likely it makes no sense to take bigger doses than 20,000 IE per day, therefore. (I take 2x 5000 per day).

When the skin has BBQued the pre-form of cholesterol, this turns the molecule into another substance that does not exist long, but by using the body's own warmth further gets altered into the storage form of Vit-D, which is Colecalciferol. It gets accumulated in the fatty tissues of the body, and the more fat cells there are, the longer the saturation process takes and the higher doses of Vit-D intake the person needs. Not before the fat cells of the body are saturated with Colicalceferol it becomes available for the body to be activated (by using Magnesium): turning it into the metabolically active form of Vit-D, which is Calcidiol. This is what the Doc can measure in blood serum. Over the past three years the recommended minimum doses in the thinking of many practitioners has thankfully been increased, you now can often read an abolsute minimum of no longer just 30 but around 50 nanogram per mililitre is reocmmended - as MINIMUM. That means: dont let yourself get stopped there. "Minimum" does not imply "ideal". Even dentists more and more often bring up the topic of Vitamine D (and to my surprise, my new dentist also came up with iodine, which made me grin wide...) He was the first doc I ever met in my life for treatment who did not stare at me in shock and disbelief when I told him that I take almost 20 milligramm - per day, not per week or month.

Slowly, slowly, the valuable informations spread, despite the industry's and politicians' attempt to suppress or to ridicule or to demonise them or those who speak them put.

------------

You are right, Rockstar, industrially processed food is not good. To bring it to the point, everything that has a bar code on it should not be eaten. I admit I fail to completely comply with this tyrannical doctrine, however. We have to balance our sacrifices against our reservoir of mental compliance. If compliance is eaten up, we have a problem. Better to not get that far.

However, eating organic does not guarantee you are fully supplied with nutrients you need, because due to the erosion of agricultural soil, and its depletion with minerals and microbioms due to intensive agricultural mass and mono farming, many vegetables and fruits no longer have the content levels of vitamines and minerals they have had lets say a hundred years ago. I once red an analysis that showed that the average modern appel of today can have 6 times and less content in certain micronutrients than the apples at the time of WW1. Our soils are badly lacking in selenium, amongst others. Deficits in magnesium, vitamines in general, iodine, and others are extremely common and wide spread nowadays. Supplementation really should be understood as almost a necessity nowadays. The Medical School of Harvard has included supplementation in its food pyramid, declaring it a mandatory must-do, not all is now good with that pyramid, but this detail they got very right. Even more so since our bad food habits (inflammatory Omega-6 fatty acids consummed in cruel amounts!) make things worse and further reduces our body's reserves in these nutrients.

The ancient Greek said: "Thy food shall be thy healing remedy". The value in that advise is unfortunately reduced by the declining value of the food we grow. That we further industrially process it makes it even worse.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-27-23 at 07:56 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-23, 07:38 PM   #10790
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Former Mets Minor League Baseball Player, Matt Pobereyko 31, Dies Of A Heart Attack

Cabin crew member, 24, died suddenly after fainting as her plane landed at Stansted Airport, inquest hears

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/214788...dies-suddenly/

Old 02-27-23, 08:03 PM   #10791
Skybird
Soaring

Modern medicine is great in two things: emergency intervention, and surgery. In both in can do wonders that are unbelievable.

But when it comes to treatment and use of pharmaceutical drugs, I have lost my faith and do no longer believe anything blindly they tell me. I research and try to educate myself as far as I can get.

Last but not last, most heavy drugs are nutrient kilelrs and turn you seriously deficitary regading mostly a full battery of nutrients if you take these drugs frequently.

Listen to what the doc tells you, always listen first. But then ask, educate yourself and never believe anything blindly. NEVER. The pharmaceutical industry wants doctors not to be healers (that take them away their customers), but just salesmen selling stuff, and it has tremendous influence on health politics and the content of curriculae. The training of students is accordingly.
Old 02-27-23, 08:30 PM   #10792
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Not gravitating so much to the grocers ‘organic’ sign is good advice. Which is why I think it’s very important to understand what these materials actually provide. But without doubt it’s much better than frozen pizza and other processed foods. When one changes their diet from industrial crap to something more natural (and perhaps including supplements) you will notice both physical and mental changes for the better. You will know you’re on the right track. Another suggestion to a healthy life is not to worry so much, nothing is perfect. Like I said, this life is just a ride enjoy it to its fullest. It’s an awesome privilege to be here don’t let go to waste. Go watch some birds, find Sasquatch, go fishing, take a bicycle ride, shoot a deer, visit the Grand Canyon or something you’ve never done before.

But like you and everyone else I have my vices namely, my land lady, whiskey, weed, shrooms and fishing. And not necessarily in that order.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-27-23 at 09:46 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 04:07 AM   #10793
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Not gravitating so much to the grocers ‘organic’ sign is good advice. Which is why I think it’s very important to understand what these materials actually provide. But without doubt it’s much better than frozen pizza and other processed foods. When one changes their diet from industrial crap to something more natural (and perhaps including supplements) you will notice both physical and mental changes for the better. You will know you’re on the right track.
When i started to take high doses of Ubiquinol (reduced coenzyme Q10), I was almost high for some days, two weeks or so, it felt like a mild first phase of getting drunk, like you may feel after having had the first glass of sparkled vine at a party. It could have stayed that way, it felt good. The doc of my Mum told her, when she mentioned she was about to start with Q10 too, that this could happen and that she should expect it. Nothing to worry about, it only means the needle on your "energymeter" moves a bit further upowards, which is good.

Quote:
Another suggestion to a healthy life is not to worry so much, nothing is perfect. Like I said, this life is just a ride enjoy it to its fullest. It’s an awesome privilege to be here don’t let go to waste. Go watch some birds, find Sasquatch, go fishing, take a bicycle ride, shoot a deer, visit the Grand Canyon or something you’ve never done before.

But like you and everyone else I have my vices namely, my land lady, whiskey, weed, shrooms and fishing. And not necessarily in that order.
That is so very right, and it touches me inside what you say. I admit that on some bad days, when I get furious about all the stupidity in the world, I forget that. And then do not feel good at all. But then I somehow find the sparkle inside myself again, and with that light up my mind again, and then life is good again. But two things I really cannot bear well anymore: crowds of people, and stupidity. Both make me aggressive.

You are an interesting strange guy, Rockstar. Sometimes you drive me crazy, but then you come up with something again that I interpret as thoughts from a familiar mind and soul. If we would meet in real life we probably could have some formidable fights over something - and some great conversations or shared opinions as well.
Old 02-28-23, 06:18 PM   #10794
tonschk
Admiral

Young Girl Dies from Myocarditis following Pfizer Vaccination, Taiwan Govt Awards Family $114K

V-Spike protein from vaccine present in brain of dead Parkinson’s patient

Last edited by tonschk; 02-28-23 at 08:09 PM.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-23, 08:01 AM   #10795
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

FBI chief Christopher Wray says China lab leak most likely

By Max Matza & Nicholas Yong
in Washington and Singapore

FBI Director Christopher Wray has said that the bureau believes Covid-19 most likely originated in a Chinese government-controlled lab.

"The FBI has for quite some time now assessed that the origins of the pandemic are most likely a potential lab incident," he told Fox News.

It is the first public confirmation of the FBI's classified judgement of how the pandemic virus emerged.

Many scientists point out there is no evidence that it leaked from a lab.

And other US government agencies have drawn differing conclusions to the FBI's.

Some of them have said - but with a low level of certainty - that the virus did not start in a lab but instead jumped from animals to humans.

The White House has said there is no consensus across the US government on the origins.

A joint China-World Health Organization (WHO) investigation in 2021 called the lab leak theory "extremely unlikely".

However, the WHO investigation was deeply criticised and its director-general has since called for a new inquiry, saying: "All hypotheses remain open and require further study."

Mr Wray's comments come a day after the US ambassador to China called for the country to "be more honest" about Covid's origins.

In his interview on Tuesday, Mr Wray said China "has been doing its best to try to thwart and obfuscate" efforts to identify the source of the global pandemic.

He said details of the agency's investigation were classified but the FBI had a team of experts focusing on the dangers of biological threats.

In response, Beijing accused Washington of "political manipulation".

"The conclusions they have reached have no credibility to speak of," said Chinese foreign ministry spokeswoman Mao Ning.

Some studies suggest the virus made the leap from animals to humans in Wuhan, China, possibly at the city's seafood and wildlife market.

The market is near a world-leading virus laboratory, the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which conducted research into coronaviruses.

A few days ago, the US Department of Energy said it had found the virus was most likely the result of a lab leak in Wuhan but could only reach that conclusion with "low confidence".

In response to that, many scientists who have studied the virus have said there is no new scientific evidence pointing to a lab leak.

A natural origin is still the more likely theory, said Professor David Robertson, head of viral genomics and bioinformatics at University of Glasgow.

"There's been an accumulation of evidence (what we know about the viruses biology, the close variants circulating in bats and locations of early human cases) that firmly points to a natural origin centred on the Huanan market in Wuhan city," he said this week.

On Monday, White House National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said that US President Joe Biden supports "a whole-of-government effort" to discover how Covid began.

"We're just not there [at consensus] yet," he said. "If we have something that is ready to be briefed to the American people and the Congress, we will do that."

Tensions in bilateral ties between the US and China have spiked in the wake of the recent spy balloon saga.

A bipartisan panel of US lawmakers this week kicked off a series of hearings on the "existential" threat of the ruling Chinese Communist Party.

The first session of the House Select Committee on Strategic Competition between the United States and the Chinese Communist Party focused on issues such as human rights and the US economy's dependence on Chinese manufacturing.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64806903

Old 03-01-23, 02:51 PM   #10796
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-02-23, 08:02 PM   #10797
tonschk
Admiral

French Health Authority Recommends AGAINST COVID-19 VACCINES for Healthy Population

Last edited by tonschk; 03-03-23 at 01:15 AM.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-23, 06:54 AM   #10798
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-03-23, 07:58 AM   #10799
Skybird
Soaring

Absolutely stunning to learn how monumentally we got lied to and got betrayed. Lesson learned for the rets of my life. Had little faith only before all this in government "authority" - not even that rest has remained now.

Where I feel humbled is that I went wrong because I violated my own priority rule: do not trust governments. Never. This time I did, gave it the benefit of doubt. And (deservedly, I suppose) got royally kicked their boot up my azz.

This and the wanted corruption of scientific integrity is something I cannot forgive. I feel humbled - but much much more I feel angry, and furious.

We got lied to and betrayed.

My father was knocked down completely by the jab, took one and a half day in hospital, we did not know whetehr he ever would leave again, he was completely knocked out. He did not want it, I talked him into it. They almost made me kill my father.

I never forgive them this. Because at that time they knew it already. And the liar at the top of the hierarchy knows it from all beginning on.

On the mask issue in Campbell's video its nevertheless worthy to know WHY the masks seem to not work. I never trusted the surgical masks, they are little more than just thin paper, but the PP2 and PP3 masks? They are particle masks, and virusses are thought to not float in the air all by themsleves, but being attached to particles and droplets of sizes that are perfectly caught by the material in PP2 and PP3 masks. Thats where the truist in these masks came form, and what it is based on. If a fish has a diameter of 5 cm and you throw out a net with a mesh size of 2.5 cm, you expect the fish cannot physically pass through it. I can imagine that these masks were not worn correctly, or that infeciton took place by other ways, may it be by carelessly moving the infected fingertip under the masks to scratch an itching, or by contamination of clothing and skin, rmeving the maks, and then tocuing the face, anything like that. And lets face it, many many people in oublic wore their masks absolutely wrong and carkless and sloppy.

I also want an explanaiton why there have been in parts very well done research studies formt he fiorst 12-18 motnhs, namels in the context of airplane cabins, why they back then found SIGNIFICANT reduction in virus distribution amongst passengers if netilation shcemes did not chnage but passngers wore masks. Medcram channel had one or two such studies explained, they were very clear in their conclusion, and conclusive.

It somehow makes no sense to me. I wonde rwhether the conclusions now are based on some so far unidentified meta-statistical effects. In other words: i do not yet trust the conclusions thoroughly. There are still questions that demand answers. In a way the reuslts of this metanalysis makes little sens eonly if taken for itself. It needs further practice-oriented research.

Its s bit like with getting a high correlation. It might be hiugh and very signficant, still that is no evidence for a causal linear link: a high correlation always indicates the need for further research anbd itself only says that ther eis somethign. What it is still needs to be found out.

------------

In 2015 and 2016 the American health ministry was confronted with research done by Reuters regarding corruption in the health priudcts idnustry, and that they managed to get reocmmendaitons for the use of certian dentla health care products like dental floss and miniatrue tooth brushes for the space betwene teeth. Reuters brought a story that these were recommended due bribery and corrupotion, and that the study basis supproting the claim thes eitems were useful, were methodologically extremely weak. Actually it turned out that the sutdy basis did not justify any accoridng recomemndaitons for th euse of dentla floss and interdental mini tooth brushes at all. The Cochrane foudnation said they had done two emtanaqylsis in revcent years with several dozen studies examined, and that their findings were against suich reocmemndaitons given, In a reaction, the recommendation was deleted from the official Recommendations for American Citizens for a healthy life style, which is published by the American ministry of health. The president of the German association of parodontologists in 2016 was quizze doin thse events and said that they also promtie the priorit yise of these little tooth b riushes before the use of dentla floss, and again the Cochrane foundation came up and said they had done meta-analysis on these as well - and again with cracking results showing no relevance of these at all. Back in late 2016 I finished following this story with two dentists telling me they were worried that now people would stop brushing their teeth at all. - Why am I telling this? To illutrate that these kind of meta-analsis done are not the final word on anything, usually, and are a complex and mixed matter that often,m all too often needs further investigation. Every statistical process and methjod is limite din ots ranbge of poissibve putcomes by the methods choosen to run the analysis, and if the anylsis method is such and such, it necessarily excludes from the beginning outcomes that it is not fit to ever generate and express. The Cochrane anylsis, tow of theem, show that we should not and must not use dsntal floss or small interlink tooth brushes. But does that make sense, even more so when the use of tooth picks to remove something sticking between youre teeth also is stasticially found to not be useful?

Things may not be as simple and obvious as they seem.
Old 03-03-23, 11:09 PM   #10800
tonschk
Admiral

Healthy girl, 20, collapses and dies suddenly in her dad's arms after 'heart attack'

https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-...-girl-26344210

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan