Closed Thread

Old 02-25-16, 03:36 PM   #1066
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
It should, I wish it would. Cruz should use the tax return issue and flail Trump mercilessly tonight. Where are the charitable donations? Are you really a billionaire or a phony? How many kids are you claiming!??

Come on, someone do a knee sweep on this goofy-haired bustard.

If the mentality is the same as in Denmark and Sweden, a personal attack on his person(Trump) could backfire and give him more supporters.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 02-25-16, 03:39 PM   #1067
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
Yes they are.
I was commenting on the comments of the left/right in regard to these numbers.
Just to many comments on comments with associate quotes and links. I have a headache now.

Old 02-25-16, 04:49 PM   #1068
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
If the Congress is using and abusing the rules then it is not functioning as designed. I stand by my statement that the government is dysfunctional.
I should not have used the word abuse. That was my inner snark poking its head out.

Each side is using the rules to their advantage/disadvantage to their opponents.

I would like to point out that you are changing your position. The post I was responding to was yours when you posted that the congress "no longer functions at all".

I would agree with your new position that congress is dysfunctional, but disagree with your original position that congress no longer functions at all.

Our congress is an imperfect system. But I can't think of any other system that would be better. The solution rests with the citizens and their ability to take care about whom they vote for beyond the letter after their name.
Old 02-25-16, 05:35 PM   #1069
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Personally I believe all need to be grilled with the hard questions.

As far as the donations....BO/Biden are less than stellar. Patriotic duty...yadda, yadda.

If Cruz or Rubio would only read this, we could resume sanity.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ere-s-how.html

Quote:
The good news should be that Trump is one of the easiest candidates to engage and defeat in modern history. But no one is taking advantage of his vulnerabilities. To defeat a candidate, you must go at the rationale of their candidacy: don’t shoot down the airplanes, blow up the aircraft carrier. Romney attacked Perry on his strength: jobs. That’s what it takes. A campaign that beats Trump will have to prove that the core of his message and the messenger both are fakes. Here’s how.
Trump asserts he is a business success and “built a great company.” Don’t let him get away with this assertion and define himself.

Trump has a long history of failures in business. If he had taken his inheritance and put it in an index stock fund, he would be far richer. Taxpayers have bailed out his failures time and again. And as long as he refuses to release a tax return, odds are that he is hiding some dark financial secret. Challenge him on his success. The facts are on your side and it will drive him crazy.

Trump sells himself as a truth teller. Challenge it. In this campaign he has been caught in one slippery contradiction after another, even denying what he had just said hours earlier. Being loud and bombastic doesn’t make him less shifty and dishonest. Hold him accountable. “Just for once tonight, Donald, at least try to tell the truth.” Or “Tonight I want you to watch Donald Trump’s face as he is confronted with one unpleasant truth after another. As he gets redder and redder, you’ll know he knows we are on to his game. Clowns are red-faced and there is no bigger clown to ever run for president than the political con artist Donald Trump. Look, you can see it’s already working. He’s getting redder.”

Trump will help America win? No. Trump’s jumble of policies will take every bad situation and make it worse. His positions on trade are to the left of Sanders and would result in a tax on every consumer in America. That’s a Trump Tax that voters will have to pay. Tell voters about the Trump Tax.

Trump sells himself as someone who will restore America’s pride. No. Putting a guy in the Oval Office who talks about women as a “great piece of ass,” who mocks the disabled, who has boasted over and over again of sexual conquests is a disgrace. In 2000, George W. Bush talked about “restoring honor and dignity to the White House.” Donald Trump makes Bill Clinton look like a minor league wannabe in the competitive sport of hunting women with power and money. Do we really want an Oval Office with Donald “great piece of ass” Trump in it?
Old 02-25-16, 08:22 PM   #1070
Subnuts
The Old Man

Downloads: 14

By this point, I'd just want a president with at least a smidgen ofhonesty, integrity, and dignity. Don't care if they're on Team D or Team R. Just somebody who can make a difficult decision from time to time, and doesn't make me want to punch the breakroom TV whenever his face pops up on CNN.

Old 02-25-16, 08:36 PM   #1071
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

They've dug up Bush Mk I to watch over this latest debate.

Old 02-25-16, 08:40 PM   #1072
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

Yet another "debate" tonight. Maybe a desperate Cruz or Rubio will get some fur to fly.

I think Mr. T has the nomination wrapped up though. I pity the fools.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 02-25-16, 09:06 PM   #1073
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Rubio seems to have gone on the offensive, Cruz seems to have gone to sleep.
Old 02-25-16, 09:53 PM   #1074
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

It's just a sign of the times where popularity trumps substance. Pun intended. Star Search meets serious politics. Really?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 02-25-16, 10:30 PM   #1075
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
They've dug up Bush Mk I to watch over this latest debate.

Did U really mean debate or did U misspell debacle! Nice pic : they're all lyres with apology/credit to Sailor Steve who previously used this pun!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 02-26-16, 09:10 AM   #1076
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

I watched a bit of the GOP debate televised last night. I honestly believe all but two are off their rockers. Rubio, Cruz and Trump. Carson is half on the rocker and likes fruit. Kasich is 3/4 on the rocker.

Kasich appears to be the most level headed of the bunch.
Old 02-26-16, 09:28 AM   #1077
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Did U really mean debate or did U misspell debacle!

Yes.

Anyway, I think this pic sums up last nights debate:

Old 02-26-16, 10:06 AM   #1078
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Oberon,

It was seriously a waste of time watching last night. I came away less than happy with any one of the candidates with exception of Kasich. Kasich was asked a few questions and was not able to bury himself. But, what he did say had some substance IMO.
Old 02-26-16, 12:17 PM   #1079
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Oberon,

It was seriously a waste of time watching last night. I came away less than happy with any one of the candidates with exception of Kasich. Kasich was asked a few questions and was not able to bury himself. But, what he did say had some substance IMO.
I think Rubio fought against Trump well but didn't really do anything else, Kaisch...bless him, he has always tried to be the sensible one in the group, who doesn't want to play the cheap soundbite game. He's like the one guy in the group who is trying to stop the whole thing from dissolving into a punch up.

The thing is, and this is something that should concern any Republican who is worried at the concept of Trump winning the primaries, and that is where Trump is getting his voters from. I mean this is a guy who acts like a giant child, he's come out with so many comments that would get any other politician canned, not because it's politically uncorrect, but because it's crass and unbecoming of a person who wants to be president of the most powerful country on the planet. Yet everytime he opens his mouth and puts his foot in it, his pollings just get higher.
Who is he appealing to? And why are there such a large selection of them in the Republican party voting base? What has attracted them to the Republican party? And are they people that the Republican party really want to attract?

And, honestly, if I were the president of Mexico and I'd watched that debate last night, and seen Trumps pollings...I'd be on the telephone to Vladimir Putin or Xi Jinping and asking them how much they would like bases in Mexico, perhaps in exchange for helping the Mexican military root out and destroy the drug cartels.
Old 02-26-16, 12:35 PM   #1080
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Oberon;2384665]I think Rubio fought against Trump well but didn't really do anything else, Kaisch...bless him, he has always tried to be the sensible one in the group, who doesn't want to play the cheap soundbite game. He's like the one guy in the group who is trying to stop the whole thing from dissolving into a punch up.
Kaisch did leave me with an impression he is levelheaded and is genuine. I would have hoped more time was spent with Kaisch than the three children fighting center stage.

Quote:
The thing is, and this is something that should concern any Republican who is worried at the concept of Trump winning the primaries, and that is where Trump is getting his voters from. I mean this is a guy who acts like a giant child, he's come out with so many comments that would get any other politician canned, not because it's politically uncorrect, but because it's crass and unbecoming of a person who wants to be president of the most powerful country on the planet. Yet everytime he opens his mouth and puts his foot in it, his pollings just get higher.
His supporters are those that are tired of the PC, nonsense feel good everyone gets a trophy, do not offend, its not their fault and government shoving unwanted programs up their rear. Apparently there are a lot them.

Quote:
Who is he appealing to? And why are there such a large selection of them in the Republican party voting base? What has attracted them to the Republican party? And are they people that the Republican party really want to attract?
He is appealing to those that have had enough. I have had enough. This year, my taxes for 2015, I'm being asked how much my deductible is for my healthcare program. Further, my premiums have gone through the roof. For what? To support the healthcare system. What else will I be supporting down the road? A lot of folks appear to have their fill of the crap sandwich handed to them.

Quote:
And, honestly, if I were the president of Mexico and I'd watched that debate last night, and seen Trumps pollings...I'd be on the telephone to Vladimir Putin or Xi Jinping and asking them how much they would like bases in Mexico, perhaps in exchange for helping the Mexican military root out and destroy the drug cartels.
The President of Mexico can call anyone he likes. However, he will not. A better part of their gross national product is building cars for major manufacturers and drugs. What he should be considering is building more tunnels.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 02-26-16 at 12:44 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump