SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-20-08, 10:04 PM   #1066
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire
Thanks for checking mate. I'm gonna do some trial and error testing and then I'll bother Kriller. Can you give me any hints as to where to look for trouble?
sorry but I've never played with the PE mods
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-08, 11:46 AM   #1067
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire
Can you give me any hints as to where to look for trouble?
Those types of CTD are usually related to radio stations. Are you sure you don't have one lingering around in your activated mods folder?

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-08, 05:01 PM   #1068
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Could someone please tell me what versions of RSRDC are compatible v1.4 of SHIV for both TMO and RFB and stock. I've got some people over the SHIV Forums at Ubisoft asking me about versions of RSRDC that are compatible with SHIV and the various supermods.

Ok, I've found what I needed by doing some searching. Sorry about asking what I should have found by myself.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

Last edited by cdrsubron7; 06-23-08 at 06:19 PM.
cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-08, 04:34 AM   #1069
GeoffBelding
Seaman

Downloads: 5
Default RSRD Experiences

Hi - I am running V355 and patch 5...

I was reversing out of the shallow entrance to Rabul harbour at periscope depth, with a DD bearing down on me, when a friendly aircraft appeared and dropped a bomb on the DD, and sunk it - excellent!

I have never seen that happen before - have you?

Later I was patrolling around Truk, and spotted two ships at anchor, and Next Target showed they were a Fuso and Yamato. I crept in from the east at periscope depth, and positioned myself between them. I fired bow torpedoes at the Yamato, and stern at the Fuso. I hit the Fuso and sunk it, and got only one hit on the Yamato as it started to sprint away (how it can get to 17 knots in one ships length is a bit of a mystery).

I forged ahead of the Yamato to fire my remaining stern torpedoes, but when I next looked through the periscope, it had DISAPPEARED , although a blue contact line still showed on the map. No sinking showed up in the log.

Can this be explained?

Cheers

Geoff
GeoffBelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-08, 06:49 AM   #1070
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffBelding
I forged ahead of the Yamato to fire my remaining stern torpedoes, but when I next looked through the periscope, it had DISAPPEARED , although a blue contact line still showed on the map. No sinking showed up in the log.

Can this be explained?

Cheers

Geoff
You and your crew are entering THE TWILIGHT ZONE

I've seen the same thing happen to the Yamato at Truk, and don't know exactly what caused it. My Yamato was docked(didn't react to the torpdoes), but the torpedoes and the resulting bow down attitude made it drift forward a bit over a ship's length, where it promptly vanished. I was on the surface about six kilometers away watching the whole event, so I am certain it did not just sink or sail out of my view. This happened a long time ago, and iirc the mods used were TM 1.7.x, the relevent RSRDC version and NSM4 Classic.
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-08, 06:31 PM   #1071
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

New RSRDC Patch are up

-----------------------------------

Patch versions

RSRDC V395 Patch3

Added Carotio Truk Harbor Add-on
Added RSRDC “eye candy fix”
Integration changes to support RFB 1.51
Changed June 15th 1943 career start date to July 1st 1943 to de-conflict problem with S42 Boats in TG8.5

RSRDC V355 Patch 6 and RSRDC V371 Patch9

Added Carotio Truk Harbor Add-on
Added RSRDC “eye candy fix”
Changed June 15th 1943 career start date to July 1st 1943

Install instructions

All patches are “roll-ups”.

Remove all old patches and install new patch with JSGME

Links in first post
Old 06-25-08, 07:39 PM   #1072
Zero Niner
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 69

Thanks lurker.
Zero Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 11:44 AM   #1073
silent killer
Soundman

Downloads: 49
Default rsrdc

thanks lurker for the updates to your mod. fantastic
Old 06-26-08, 02:16 PM   #1074
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6

I'm running RSRD 355 patch 6.

I was sent from Manila to patrol off north of Luzon, near Formosa twice in a row. Manila fell to Japs before I returned so I managed(just barely) to sail all the way to Java, my new Base. (By the Way, I didn't see any message telling me to do so)

I have now been given the Same mission, again....but no way am I going to sail all the way to that same Patrol Area north of the P.I. Is this a glitch? How do I get out of the same repeating mission? I tried just sitting outside the Java port and sending status reports hoping for a new mission, but no luck.

Sorry if this has been asked/explained before...
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 06:10 PM   #1075
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle81
I'm running RSRD 355 patch 6.

I was sent from Manila to patrol off north of Luzon, near Formosa twice in a row. Manila fell to Japs before I returned so I managed(just barely) to sail all the way to Java, my new Base. (By the Way, I didn't see any message telling me to do so)

I have now been given the Same mission, again....but no way am I going to sail all the way to that same Patrol Area north of the P.I. Is this a glitch? How do I get out of the same repeating mission? I tried just sitting outside the Java port and sending status reports hoping for a new mission, but no luck.

Sorry if this has been asked/explained before...
Ok

Require the standard “trouble shooting” info:

Start date?
Type of sub?
What command?
Old 06-26-08, 07:04 PM   #1076
Zero Niner
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle81
I tried just sitting outside the Java port and sending status reports hoping for a new mission, but no luck.
You won't be assigned a new mission unless you've completed the current one.
Zero Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 08:54 PM   #1077
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Default Wake Island: Alamo of the Pacific

Is the Battle of Wake Island included in RSRDC?

I watched the above program on the History Channel, and thought it would be fun giving the Marines on Wake a little helping hand. I couldn't find a 'Single Patrol' or other shorty-type mission in the menu, so I started a new career with the USS Triton (SS-201) [Tambor Class]. I picked the Tambor Class just 'cause I had never commanded one. Anyway, I departed Pearl on Dec. 8 and arrived in the Wake Island vicinity on the night of Dec 12, when the battle should have been going great guns. Round and round the Island I went for the next 5 days, but never saw a sign of the Japanese Fleet (or any American ships/aircraft either).

I departed Wake on the 18th, refueled at Midway, then headed for Japanese waters. I sank 4 cargo ships within the 96 hour patrol, so there are ships (i.e. targets) available. But nothing at Wake ???

I'm using:
SH4 v1.4
Trigger Maru Overhaul
RSRDC_P3_TMO_V325

Perhaps Wake was added later?
Old 06-26-08, 10:56 PM   #1078
Suicide Charlie
Wild Night in Bangkok

Downloads: 0

Some of my friends, who I'm pretty sure are running RSRDC also reported not seeing anything around Midway during the battle dates.
Old 06-26-08, 11:00 PM   #1079
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

Since running RSRD and having virtually completed an entire war career I have never seen more than a single ship and zero convoy sightings. Is RSRD OVER accurate? Also, when I get a message about an IJN impending location and am able to arrive before time, and lurk, - nothing happens.

But, at the same time, I have not had a single game crash this present career.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 11:19 PM   #1080
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger
Is the Battle of Wake Island included in RSRDC?

I watched the above program on the History Channel, and thought it would be fun giving the Marines on Wake a little helping hand. I couldn't find a 'Single Patrol' or other shorty-type mission in the menu, so I started a new career with the USS Triton (SS-201) [Tambor Class]. I picked the Tambor Class just 'cause I had never commanded one. Anyway, I departed Pearl on Dec. 8 and arrived in the Wake Island vicinity on the night of Dec 12, when the battle should have been going great guns. Round and round the Island I went for the next 5 days, but never saw a sign of the Japanese Fleet (or any American ships/aircraft either).

I departed Wake on the 18th, refueled at Midway, then headed for Japanese waters. I sank 4 cargo ships within the 96 hour patrol, so there are ships (i.e. targets) available. But nothing at Wake ???

I'm using:
SH4 v1.4
Trigger Maru Overhaul
RSRDC_P3_TMO_V325

Perhaps Wake was added later?
The Battle of Wake Island is not accurately represented in RSRDC. There are some IJN units that are in the general area of Wake during the “second” attempt to invade Wake in late Dec 1941.