SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-07, 10:55 AM   #1066
fidget
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
This is EXACTLY the reason alot of people download hacked versions of a game!!!
I will say that almost every game I've ever bought (maybe every one), had a demo download available to try out. I tend to think this is a good quality indicator (and an act of good faith by the publisher) for a game, since, if there are serious issues/bugs in the basic gameplay, they would be very appearent in the demo. That also removes the 'try-before-you-buy' motive of would-be pirates. UBISoft doesn't seem to support this concept, and I think that I now know why. In the future, I'll stick with my 'don't buy it, if they are afraid to let you try it first' rule.
Old 05-20-07, 11:02 AM   #1067
Zakalwe
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3

I haven`t bought SH4 and won`t do it until this game is patched to a somewhat playable level.

Want my money UBI? Do your homework.

Until then I`m perfectly happy playing SH3 + GWX.

Z.
Old 05-20-07, 11:09 AM   #1068
Ragnar39
Swabbie

Ubi get this game fixed ! Its sad to see a good series like SH have to be so heavily mod by the player community to make it playable. Thats your job Ubi, its your game and you take our money NOW get a 3rd patch and fix this game. For my part i wont buy any Ubisoft game UNTIL you get SH IV fixed period !
Old 05-20-07, 11:15 AM   #1069
JerseySeven
Random#

Downloads: 142

I pre-ordered SH4 from UbiSoft. Over the years, I've played every WWII sub game since the birth of the PC - Spectrum Holobyte's Gato, Epyx's Submarine Simulator, a couple of DOS titles I can't remember, Das Boot (which I wish I could forget), Microprose's great Silent Service, Dynamix's Aces of the Deep and of course, SHI, II and III.

Given this perspective, I am certain of one thing: Fancy graphics and pixel shaders can't make up for broken core game mechanics. I would have thought that the folks at Ubisoft Romania would have figured that out by now.

To the programmers, designers, developers and publishers: You have come so very far towards completing a very fine title. Please, for the sake of your own self-respect, go the final few steps and get this thing working properly.

Thanks.
Old 05-20-07, 11:17 AM   #1070
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Ubi Ubi Doo Where are you?

Dev Team...get crackin!
Old 05-20-07, 11:30 AM   #1071
jimbob
Ensign

Downloads: 365
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
I agree completely that patch 1.3+ is needed.

While the modding community never ceases to amaze me there are things that even they can't fix, things that require a developer's attention. Please provide that attention and make SH4 the quality title it deserves to be.

ditto
Old 05-20-07, 12:01 PM   #1072
IYIENACE
Nub

Downloads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044
....Ubisoft, your DEV team has created the most visually stunning sub sim ever, but patch 1.3 is necessary to allow them to fix some critical bugs that are still present in the game.

Please don't quit on the game now.....

Well said.
Old 05-20-07, 12:07 PM   #1073
Capt. D
Helmsman

Downloads: 8

That's a Big 10-4 Neal.

We need to complete what was started and complete it correctly. Feel like I have been sent to battle without any weapons. UBI let's get on the with the program and finish what you started.

Happy Hunting
Old 05-20-07, 12:14 PM   #1074
Rhíon
Bilge Rat

Ahoy,
I just registered to these forums to support this campaign.
I am owner of the No. 1246 of the exclusive limited edition boxes.

Although the game runs mostly fine for me and i really enjoy what i see so far i absolutely agree that those issues mentioned by Neal Stevens should be adressed.

So please Ubi and SH4-team take care of those bugs and gameplay issues and give those who would really appreciate it a 100% working game to enjoy!

Thank you and greetings from Germany,
Rhion
Old 05-20-07, 12:25 PM   #1075
Puzz3D
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 3

Since I own Silent Hunter 3 and get a lot of enjoyment out of it with the Grey Wolves modification, Silent Hunter 4 will be a definte purchase for me if the outstanding issues mentioned are corrected in a v1.3 patch. I hope the SH4 dev team is given the go ahead to make another patch.

Last edited by Puzz3D; 05-21-07 at 05:52 AM.
Old 05-20-07, 12:26 PM   #1076
cwchute
Watch

Downloads: 6

Agreed. Please patch as needed to keep this sim up to the high standards of prior versions.....
Old 05-20-07, 12:32 PM   #1077
BFawlty
Swabbie

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by IYIENACE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044
....Ubisoft, your DEV team has created the most visually stunning sub sim ever, but patch 1.3 is necessary to allow them to fix some critical bugs that are still present in the game.

Please don't quit on the game now.....

Well said.
Agreed on both posts! Come on Ubisoft.

BF
Old 05-20-07, 12:40 PM   #1078
1gandy
Bilge Rat

Fix it, Ed
Old 05-20-07, 12:42 PM   #1079
subroc
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLefty
Having purchased the complete series of this simulation, my loyalty as a buyer of Ubisoft software will be sorely tested if patch v1.3 doesn't materialize.
rgr that same here.. I have seen better multiplayer lobbies in 1992 vintage multiplayer games... standard should be going up not down.. I even layed out $20.00 so hopefully we can get hyperlobby support for SH4 which dosent look good Jiri must have disappeared for 6 months..
Old 05-20-07, 01:02 PM   #1080
Airborne!
Bilge Rat

Default Fix the Game

Fix the game so its enjoyable or don't expect me to lay money out for any more UBISOFT products. If I am going to Beta Test your games you could at least fix them.
Closed Thread